Halo tastes like perfume

Status
Not open for further replies.

macaroni

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Rockledge, Florida, USA
In my limited experiance, with any company that allows you to custom order juice (VG/PG ratio, nic level, flavor shots, menthol levels etc etc etc) you will need to let the juice steep a bit. It just wouldn't be cost effective for the company to have all of the possible combinations on hand sitting on the shelf.

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
Yep, I agree. All the tobaccos from Halo that I've tried (freedom, prime, turkish, longhorn, midnight apple, voodoo, torque) were very perfumey to me too, even after a long steep. The only acception was Tribeca, which I actually really liked. I think its probably due to a quip in my personal taste receptors more than a problem with the juice... Most people who get them seem to like them.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Yep, I agree. All the tobaccos from Halo that I've tried (freedom, prime, turkish, longhorn, midnight apple, voodoo, torque) were very perfumey to me too, even after a long steep. The only acception was Tribeca, which I actually really liked. I think its probably due to a quip in my personal taste receptors more than a problem with the juice... Most people who get them seem to like them.

Same here...
They all tasted a bit off except the Tribeca. (at first)
After a month of the Tribeca, I hope to NEVER see, smell, or vape that stuff again.
Soz, Halo is not my cuppa.

Good luck
I

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR

This....I got the tobacco sampler thinking they'd be great based on how many people like them. Just couldn't get past the chemical smell/taste. One in particular smelled and tasted like turpentine or acetone to me. I tried after a month long steep, but it was still there. I gave all but the Tribeca away.

On the other hand, I absolutely LOVE Tiki Juice and Twisted Java. I have a 30ml bottle of Twisted Java, and will get the same in Tiki Juice on my next Halo purchase.

I hit the jackpot with Indigo tobaccos--not had a one I didn't love. I just thought I would branch out to other tobaccos and gave Halo a shot. Didn't work for me.

So you might give Indigo a look, YMMV of course. :D

Last edited:

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
Halo's flavor profiles tend to lean toward "intense", therefore if you are used to milder and higher VG juices you will likely detect nuances of pungent taste or aroma. I vape Tribeca and Torque every day, and lots of it. I remember feeling that way about Torque the first time I tried it. Five days later I was hooked. Halo juices typically need caps off for 24hrs, then you're good to go. They change very little after the first few days. They seem to be an acquired taste. Love/Hate for most folks. I don't even air them out any more, just grab the next bottle in line and vape away.

Nightcall

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
USA
Ok, Ill leave the lids off for 48 hours and sit for two weeks.

In the meantime, I guess Ill get queue up my next juice order. Looking at HHV purity tobacco and a couple from vapor chef. I'll be glad when I find one I like enough to buy mass quantities of.

Perfumey taste was not something I experienced with with the 8 liquids I've had from HHV, so they're definitely worth a shot for you. I would say their Angel's Kiss was the only one that had a very mild perfume thing maybe the first two days, but then it went away (mostly). The 3 tobaccos I've had (Legend, Huntsman, and Shadow) had zero perfume.

Last edited:

omeratwood

Dec 22, 2013
USA
I just ordered about 7 different tobacco
juices from halo; all of them have a perfumey or maybe a chemically taste. Do they just need to air out and steep
for a bit? I was expecting them to be
capable from day one. (??)

Lee, I agree with you! Yuk! I've had several from their "Tabboco" or "TINO" (Tabocco In Name Only) line, I've let them steep for months, with the caps off for days at a time, shaking the bottles to produce tiny air bubbles, and removing the caps again. After all this, I poured them all into one 50ml, & wrote "80's Cologne" on it.
They were:
Midnight Apple, Captain Jack, Longhorn.
Later I added Vaporetti's: "Tobacco", & "Clasic Cigar" to this mix because all wete almost Idendical.
I have some "Havana Dream" by Alien Vision, & "Havana Cigar" by Vapor Kings, that's steeping now, & if they don't loose that cologne taste? I'm dumping those into the bottle with the rest! I may have to get a bigger empty bottle! I can't vape that stuff unless I've had too much burbon, and feel like doing something crazy!

Note: Halo's "Tribeca" is exculded from this. It's very good! I felel that it should be named - American Black Walnut. If it were? They would've naied it. It's along the lines of a very good RY4, I've even seen compared in this class. I could'nt stop vaping it until it was gone. Like black walnut, with notes of hickory nut, and hints of carmel & vanilla.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Note: Halo's "Tribeca" is exculded from this. It's very good! I felel that it should be named - American Black Walnut. If it were? They would've naied it. It's along the lines of a very good RY4, I've even seen compared in this class. I could'nt stop vaping it until it was gone. Like black walnut, with notes of hickory nut, and hints of carmel & vanilla.

I almost jumped in arguing til I saw that note ;) lol jk but really, try the Tribeca again. I hated it the first time, tried it one more time and now it's heaven. It also seriously makes a huge difference what you're using it in

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
I have to agree on the perfume stink and/or taste of HALO products I tried - Tribeca included. Absolutely couldn't get past the smell transformed into taste to enjoy the taste of the juice I THOUGHT I bought which might have been present - but was not. I gave up and now it is so deeply burned into my brain I will not consider any of their line. If you are in the least sensitive to 'scents' I would recommend staying clear of them'; IF you like perfumes and colognes you might be 'OK'.

Trying them because someone says they did NOT notice the 'scent' is a crap-shoot -- we all have likes and dislikes. I am obviously overly critical and some will no doubt say FOS. Many people love a room smelling like scented candles or a hookers convention; I would rather not experience either. Choose wisely based on what you personally like.

Senile Old Man Don

Last edited:

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Halo has been around for a long time in the ecig world. Their tobaccos are all artificial and as written before most will have that perfume flavor (which some love, others hate). I personally love tobacco liquids made from real tobacco (not WTA) as they taste like the real thing without any of the hazardous materials.

Lifted

Verified Member
Dec 17, 2013
Northern New Jersey

Same for me exactly! Steeping and leaving the caps off did nothing for the perfume / talcum powder taste. After much steeping only Tribecca (which I thought was originally disgustingly sweet) improved. The remainder of the tobacco flavors seemed to get worse with age. I'd be curious to hear about some of your favorite juices.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I just ordered about 7 different tobacco juices from halo; all of them have a perfumey or maybe a chemically taste. Do they just need to air out and steep for a bit? I was expecting them to be capable from day one. (??)

Halo juice? That is how they taste...nasty!!! I described them as tasting like a cedar chest...........For years now I have been only using Unflavored 100% VG..... Very clean pure taste....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread