Halo Triton Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeri allison

Jun 2, 2015
Hi. I was looking around but couldn't find an answer to my issue and i've also contacted halo but they were of no help. I have been using the Triton tank for a year or so and i constantly have issues with it leaking onto my battery and i get the juice in my mouth sometimes when i take a drag. i know you're not supposed to overfill so i'm careful about that. But here's the other problem. I only get a little use out of the refill before it starts burning really hot and i can't stand it so i have to refill again. i do this repeatedly throughout the day. the only reason i stay with halo is b/c when it works, it works great! but that's only a small percentage of the time. Any advice here? Are you able to smoke most of the juice from the tank without getting a hot, burning sensation at the back of your throat? i should say too, that i mix my juice; part 0, part 24 mg to =6 mg. I'm always careful to shake the bottle well before adding to the tank. thanks so much!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi Jeri and welcome to the forum. If you've been using a vape for a year it's probably time to look for an upgrade, like the Aspire Nautilus Mini. It pairs well with the iStick 30W mod.

You might find something here :

FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

or if you're in the UK :
UK Forum | E-Cigarette Forum
UK and Ireland Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum

DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple pages)

Good luck in your vape journey. Ask any questions you might have.

Reactions: jeri allison

LR40K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
United States
When I used one the tanks seemed hit and miss as far as leaking or not. If your juice is a fruit flavor or cinnamon flavoring it can degrade the plastic of the tank. A lot of sites will warn you of the juice is a tank killer. Also refilling numerous times a day can probably add wear and tear to the tanks which are mostly just plastic.

As to the burning it sounds as if your juice may be too thick and is not wicking well enough to keep up. If you juice has a high VG ratio you may want to get one that has higher PG or try thinning out the juice you have. Could even use some distilled water to see if it helps.

I'd really suggest upgrading also but either way, luck to ya!

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
The Triton tank is essentially a Kanger T2 with slightly different threads to fit on the Triton 808/ego threads. A Kanger T2 will screw on and work but leaves a slight (1/4"?) gap. The Halo Triton tank, however, will not work on a 510/ego threaded device. Any T2 replacement head will work fine, they are interchangeable. Vapingme has the best price I have found.

Unfortunately, the Halo 808/ego threading will limit what you can use on that battery. Smokeless Image has the same threading and sells other tanks that would work.

My wife has been using Kanger T2s for 2 years. She keeps her's topped off, never less than about 1/2 full. If you are finding things too harsh, perhaps try a higher ohm coil, or consider a lighter liquid. If you have the VV version, back off the power. Some liquids gunk up coils in a hurry, while some are more forgiving. I use unflavored, and my coils, even back when I was using T2s, last a long time. My wife uses a dark tobacco flavor that will gunk her coils after about 20-30 mils.

The T2 is pretty rugged, but if you have been using it for a while, perhaps one of the seals, or o-rings, or mouthpiece is shot...try another tank. If you want to expand your horizons, you could try to find an "808 to ego adapter", which will look a bit silly, but allow you to use tanks meant for 510/ego threading, or just get 510 threaded device.

jeri allison

Jun 2, 2015
Hi Jeri and welcome to the forum. If you've been using a vape for a year it's probably time to look for an upgrade, like the Aspire Nautilus Mini. It pairs well with the iStick 30W mod.

You might find something here :

FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

or if you're in the UK :
UK Forum | E-Cigarette Forum
UK and Ireland Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum

DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple pages)

Good luck in your vape journey. Ask any questions you might have.

i will definitely look into the Aspire. I've considered changing but had no idea what to try next. thanks so much for the suggestion!

jeri allison

Jun 2, 2015
When I used one the tanks seemed hit and miss as far as leaking or not. If your juice is a fruit flavor or cinnamon flavoring it can degrade the plastic of the tank. A lot of sites will warn you of the juice is a tank killer. Also refilling numerous times a day can probably add wear and tear to the tanks which are mostly just plastic.

As to the burning it sounds as if your juice may be too thick and is not wicking well enough to keep up. If you juice has a high PG ratio you may want to get one that has higher PG or try thinning out the juice you have. Could even use some distilled water to see if it helps.

I'd really suggest upgrading also but either way, luck to ya!
Hi there. I don't use fruit flavored juice but i DO refill a lot! I don't change my tank too often so maybe i need to give that a shot and i'll look into the PG ratio. I use halo's tribe. thank you!

jeri allison

Jun 2, 2015
The Triton tank is essentially a Kanger T2 with slightly different threads to fit on the Triton 808/ego threads. A Kanger T2 will screw on and work but leaves a slight (1/4"?) gap. The Halo Triton tank, however, will not work on a 510/ego threaded device. Any T2 replacement head will work fine, they are interchangeable. Vapingme has the best price I have found.

Unfortunately, the Halo 808/ego threading will limit what you can use on that battery. Smokeless Image has the same threading and sells other tanks that would work.

My wife has been using Kanger T2s for 2 years. She keeps her's topped off, never less than about 1/2 full. If you are finding things too harsh, perhaps try a higher ohm coil, or consider a lighter liquid. If you have the VV version, back off the power. Some liquids gunk up coils in a hurry, while some are more forgiving. I use unflavored, and my coils, even back when I was using T2s, last a long time. My wife uses a dark tobacco flavor that will gunk her coils after about 20-30 mils.

The T2 is pretty rugged, but if you have been using it for a while, perhaps one of the seals, or o-rings, or mouthpiece is shot...try another tank. If you want to expand your horizons, you could try to find an "808 to ego adapter", which will look a bit silly, but allow you to use tanks meant for 510/ego threading, or just get 510 threaded device.

thanks so much for the info. i am clueless about all these details so it helps a lot. As far as the juice, I use halo's tribecca. not sure if it is one that tends to gunk the coils quicker. i do change them one or two times a week. also, i've tried the higher ohm coils but didn't get the drag i was looking for. i tend to take long, slow drags and want a lot of smoke. thanks for the help.

Reactions: Ariben

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Halo does now offer a $5 adapter that will fit on the Triton batteries and will allow you to use standard eGo or 510 threaded tanks on them. When I used the Triton, the coils would last me a week before getting gunked up. If you want lots of vapor, you can achieve this simply from using different juice other than the Halo juices. Halo juices tend to be very PG heavy. Even going with a 50PG/50VG juice, you will produce more vapor since higher VG will increase the vapor production.

jeri allison

Jun 2, 2015
Halo does now offer a $5 adapter that will fit on the Triton batteries and will allow you to use standard eGo or 510 threaded tanks on them. When I used the Triton, the coils would last me a week before getting gunked up. If you want lots of vapor, you can achieve this simply from using different juice other than the Halo juices. Halo juices tend to be very PG heavy. Even going with a 50PG/50VG juice, you will produce more vapor since higher VG will increase the vapor production.
I didn't know about the PG ration. Thanks so much for informing me. Also, i'll look into this adapter you're talking about. thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread