Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I suspect that the hit you are getting is because of the blend of the Halo juices (ratio of PG versus VG). I have the Halo Triton as well, and now I am mixing Halo Subzero half and half with a honeydew juice that is 30 percent PG and 70 percent VG. This blend produces larger clouds than just the Subzero by itself and my guess is because of the higher amount of VG.

As for upgrading your gear, I just recently upgraded to the iStick 50W and now the Halo Triton has been relegated to the backup or used when I am out and want to remain a bit more inconspicuous.

shreduhsoreus

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Indianapolis
You're going to want to switch to just about anything from that Triton lol. It feels like just yesterday I was in your shoes. Halo Triton is old, outdated technology and they refuse to update their hardware.

I went from the Halo Triton to an MVP 20W and an Aspire tank, now I'm using an MVP 3 and Subtank Mini, along with a few mech mods and RDAs.

cinetrope

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Joshua Tree, CA
The Halo Triton was my second rig and I credit it and Tribecca with getting me off cigarettes for good. My next set-up, (about a year ago) was a Provari and a Nautilus. Not exactly a cloud rig but super reliable and problem free. I also got my first bottle of Candied Cavendish from The Plume Room around that time. I still use the Provari most every day and it has never let me down. I still love Candied Cav and think of it as a super clean gourmet RY4 type vape.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
You're going to want to switch to just about anything from that Triton lol. It feels like just yesterday I was in your shoes. Halo Triton is old, outdated technology and they refuse to update their hardware.

What is old and outdated about the Halo Triton? Is it because the tank is a top coil design and not the newfangled double bottom coil designs? FWIW, my bone stock Halo Triton (I'm not even using the VV battery) produces more vapor on the juice I am using than any of my Kanger bottom coil tanks on the iStick. This is from using both with the exact same juice.

In fact, I have a no name VV stick eGo battery and that also produces more vapor with the Kanger ProTank 2 Mini than the same tank on the iStick. If I try to crank up the power on the iStick to produce more vapor, then the juice starts tasting burnt.

Last edited:

shreduhsoreus

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Indianapolis
What is old and outdated about the Halo Triton? Is it because the tank is a top coil design and not the newfangled double bottom coil designs? FWIW, my bone stock Halo Triton (I'm not even using the VV battery) produces more vapor on the juice I am using than any of my Kanger bottom coil tanks on the iStick. This is from using both with the exact same juice.

In fact, I have a no name VV stick eGo battery and that also produces more vapor with the Kanger ProTank 2 Mini than the same tank on the iStick. If I try to crank up the power on the iStick to produce more vapor, then the juice starts tasting burnt.

Cheap plastic, top single coil, non standard threading, no passthrough. 2 years ago, Halo Triton would have been amazing, but instead of upgrading they continue to dupe their customers into believing their outdated hardware is the "best quality and value" while charging almost 70 bucks for a starter kit. That's just talking about the hardware, not the company. There's a reason their products all have 5 star ratings, they delete reviews that point out the very real flaws to keep their "perfect" rating. .... Halo.

There's a reason that the vast majority of shops don't carry their hardware, and most reputable brands have moved away from that type of technology.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I used Kanger T2s two years ago and they are not even close to the same league as Aspire mini Nautilus, let alone SubTank.

I love Halo juices but have no desire to return to T2 clearos. They were better than CE4s, that's about the most one can say. Were they better than Vivi Novas? Who knows, my memory is a distant fog.

They were better than PT v.1 because that was either all air or a massive dry-hit. They were better than PT v.2 as well.
I would also take one over ANY of the PT v.3s as well. (shock smiley) :ohmy:

So - not exactly bad... but old news, for sure. :)

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
This is all personal preference stuff. My wife has been using Kanger T2s (same as Triton tank) for 2 years. She has no desire to use anything else. She does use 1.8 ohm coils.

I have moved on to bottom coil and Kayfun styles on bigger 18650 style regulated mods.

Since the Triton battery is 808/ego threaded, you will need to move to a 510 threaded device if you are going to explore other options...unless you want to mess with adapters.

Former Triton user myself and couldn't agree more with your opinion on Tribeca it's a great juice. Everyone is right but it's a matter of opinion as to what you want to move on to. I suggested an istick 30 watt and a kanger pro tank to a friend and he's amazed. Shouldn't cost an arm and a leg for that set up and you will be happy with the performance. If you want a better tank you could get a subtank mini instead. Visit some B&M's and check out their products see what you like.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I'm looking for something more powerful than the triton. Im going thru 3.2 coils every other day. Are the tanks and batteries generally purchased separate. I was kinda looking for a full set up.

If you want to go a little crazy and have the potential for clouds (not that you have to, of course) you can get an iStick 30 or 50 watt and Subtank. Not cheap but reasonably future-proof. I own some of this hardware, it's great fun, but mostly I don't vape at even 50% of it's potential.

Today, I vaped on a 20w iStick with Subtank nano. 6mg tobacco liquid.

sadock

The secret to happiness is slowness
Mar 23, 2015
Flagstaff, AZ, USA
There's a reason their products all have 5 star ratings, they delete reviews that point out the very real flaws to keep their "perfect" rating. .... Halo.

I've often wondered about that. The ratings on many of their products are *suspiciously* high. I had to search for quite a while to find any reviews of 1 or 2 stars. I put in several honest reviews of both their tanks and their e-juices. They run the gamut from 1-5 stars, but some are certainly less than stellar. We'll see if they censor them to keep their ratings high or not.....

sadock

The secret to happiness is slowness
Mar 23, 2015
Flagstaff, AZ, USA
I've often wondered about that. The ratings on many of their products are *suspiciously* high. I had to search for quite a while to find any reviews of 1 or 2 stars. I put in several honest reviews of both their tanks and their e-juices. They run the gamut from 1-5 stars, but some are certainly less than stellar. We'll see if they censor them to keep their ratings high or not.....

Well, I'm sorry to say it appears that @shreduhsoreus was correct. Halo published 2 of the 10 reviews I submitted on 3-11-2015. One 5 star review & another one of 3 stars. The other 8 reviews appear to have been rejected for an whatever reason. It makes no sense whatsoever. I did write Halo for an explanation, but I doubt I'll receive one that is satisfactory :confused:

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Halo basically pays for good reviews.

Show your love for your favorite Halo products, and earn 25 Halo Points while doing so. For each product in our store, you will find the “Write a Review” link under the “Earn More Points” heading. Simply click this link, and write your review of the product. Once submitted, a member of the Halo Staff will examine your review and approve or reject it within 7 business days. Once approved, your earned points will be automatically applied to your account. Please note the following to ensure your review is approved:

Disallowed Content: Reviews submitted with inappropriate language or disrespectful to the Halo brand will not be accepted.

Halo Rewards Program | Halo Cigs

Since they reward you "points" for your review they only publish the good reviews which they feel are worthy enough to reward points for.

They also reward "points" for sharing "your love" for Halo products on social media and 3rd party sites like youtube. Again, it better be a glowing commentary if you want the points.

Their reviews should be considered paid advertising, no matter where you see it. On their site, on some other site, on Facebook or in a yotube video, whatever. Assume the author is purely motivated by the offer of free things from Halo for giving good reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread