Halo vs Dekang quick questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

highc1157

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Arizona
I found local retailers that sell Dekang and halo, however, money is tight, but would shell out for the best!

I'm not sure whether to buy Dekang Nport (supposed to be a great Newport like smoke) OR Halo torque 56 and menthol ice (to mix), or just menthol ice by itself

I want tobacco flavor with menthol , ideally

Dekang Nport 15ml for $7 or so

Halo Torque56 30ml $18

Halo menthol ice 30ml for $18

Lois2013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
That's a good price for Halo liquid, that's actually cheaper than buying from the Halo website, which is surprising for a B&M store.

I can't speak for the others, but I'm a big fan of Torque56...I got the tobacco sampler from Halo, and that one is my favorite.

Just a thought, does the store offer sampling of their juices before you buy? I only know of two retailers in my area (within a 50 mile radius) that sell e liquid, and both let you try before you buy.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Before you decide, you should be able to sample them at the retailer to know what you prefer. Getting a taste will save you a lot of money finding flavors you like.

That said, I use Menthol Ice and recently got a sample of Tourque56. Torque56 is the most cigarette tasting liquid I've tried, and I was thinking of mixing a little Menthol Ice into it for when I have a strong craving.

Nothing will taste quite like a Newport Light though. You might find after a while that you're not looking for that flavor anymore, once you've tried a bunch. Good luck on your hunt!

vdaedalus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Given the initial expenditure, and your mentioning money is tight, I'd say give the Dekang 15ml a shot. If you don't like it, you're out $7 and can try either of the Halos you mentioned. If you do like it, buy another 15ml and you're ahead four bucks versus the Halo. You can always end up trying all of them over time, too.

Some people absolutely hate Dekang, some love it (I'm pretty all right with the four or five I've tried, and actively enjoy Desert Ship).

vdaedalus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
also isn't dekang a Chinese made liquid?? anyone know what they put in there fluid?

Depending on the manufacturer, more than we know what some of the US-made basement/garage 'labs' put in their fluid. Not a slight to North American producers, some 70% of the liquid I buy is domestic.

Anyway, Dekang has a FAQ that lists ingredients (item #3), and you can take a quick YouTube tour of a Chinese lab. Whether you believe what they state or not, there they are. So long as I make sure I'm not buying a knockoff, I feel pretty good about DK liquids.

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City

ToryCooper

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Huntsville Alabama USA
Depending on the manufacturer, more than we know what some of the US-made basement/garage 'labs' put in their fluid. Not a slight to North American producers, some 70% of the liquid I buy is domestic.

Anyway, Dekang has a FAQ that lists ingredients (item #3), and you can take a quick YouTube tour of a Chinese lab. Whether you believe what they state or not, there they are. So long as I make sure I'm not buying a knockoff, I feel pretty good about DK liquids.

I hear ya on the garage labs thing which is why I tend to read up on any site I buy liquid from. After reading what vanilla custard flavors have in them diacytl or however you spell, been a bit more careful and looked into DIY. I personally think halo is over priced and tried a few flavors and all were pretty nasty to me. Never tried dekang

vdaedalus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
I hear ya on the garage labs thing which is why I tend to read up on any site I buy liquid from.

Amen. A lot of the domestic producers are happy to talk about what they put in their juice, it never hurts to ask.

I probably would have been leery of Dekang if I hadn't started vaping using only supplies from a local store, which were fairly limited. Since then I've done as much research as I can and am pretty satisfied. I'm lucky I like it, in a way; only vaping Halo and boutique liquid would get pretty expensive. But everyone's tastes are different, and it's still cheaper than analogs.

ToryCooper

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Huntsville Alabama USA
MBV (mt bakers vapor) Im waiting on some juices from I hear nothing but good reviews from them as far as shipping and taste goes 4.99 for 15mils cant beat that either. I wouldn't of trusted it , simply cause of cheap prices. if I didn't read good reviews and see they were a top vendor for vapetoberfest as well. So just cause something is cheap doesn't mean its bad, and visa versa, just cause something is way expensive doesn't mean its good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread