Status
Not open for further replies.

horkus1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Atlanta, GA
jefsview is exactly right. Taste is completely subjective. The only thing I will add to that is that there is a difference in quality and it took me a little while to figure out who had the best quality liquid even if I did not like the taste of some (or all) of their juices. Halo is one of them, in my opinion. Another one is Alice In Vapeland and I say that as someone who does not like any of their juice! I got a sampler pack from them and none of them were my thing BUT it was obvious that it was of good quality and I certainly see why some love it.

A few more that put a lot of work and top-notch ingredients into their juice are Highbrow Vapor, The Vapor Room, Heather's Heavenly Vapes and Crystal Canyon Vapes. All of those vendors offer sampler packs and those are always a great place to start.

Do you know what types of flavors you might like? There are some places that I think really hit the nail on the head with tobaccos, others with dessert types, etc. Again, that would all just be my taste buds talking but I am happy to provide you with that info if you want it.

Btw, the Halo juice I use is Tribeca. It is a staple for me but it is the only one I use from them. The other ones just did not work for me.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I too like Halo - tribeca in particular. They are a little pricey compared to some other places (I'm thinking Mt. Baker Vapor) but they do some flavors very well. Tribeca is an RY4 type liquid (although they are nothing like any other RY4 I have tried) which is a vanilla tobacco type juice. So, so smooth with just a hint of the sweetness of the vanilla with an undertone of caramel and something else in there that I can't put my finger on.

Again, taste is subjective and if you can find a local B&M, they will should have some type of juice bar where you can try some different flavors / suppliers / ratios / strengths so you can decide before you buy. Most B&Ms will have some Halo to try as it's a very popular juice.
Twisted java (mint/coffee) and Belgian cocoa (chocolate cocoa) are very good too. I've not tried any others from Halo.

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
Depends on what you like, flavor wise...I'm not into tobacco flavors so Halo is not for me, I got some Torque 56 and gave it away pretty quickly. :)

Hmmm, is that my problem maybe? Are most of their flavors tobacco, even the menthol? I didn't like Halo menthols and am a big fan of Mr E and Vapor God mixture for my menthol. I also do not like tobacco flavors and can barely do the smell thing lol

Tracey

detroitvapr

May 10, 2013
Detroit MI
I really like most of the Halo juices. My favorite is Tiki, but be warned, it is not for everyone and can benefit from a loooooong steep time. They have some great tobacco juices.

I would also recommend Ahlusion juice, but they can be persnickety about getting an order in. Their online store is only open for a few hours every weekday morning. I live close enough so I could pop in to their cafe and sample a bunch of juice and walk out the door with a few bottles. Most people aren't lucky enough to live close to a place like that. Be warned though, Halo and Ahlusion are definitely premium juices and come with a premium price tag.

I would also throw The Plume Room, and Fancee Juice into the mix. Also premium US based suppliers with premium price tags. I have liked the juices I got from Plume, but I haven't had a chance to sample Fancee yet. They are also right down the street from me, but alas, they don't have a cafe to visit or I might be there daily since they are so close.

MartiP

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
I like halo's kringles curse and Malibu but I think its a little over priced for what it is. I love the bottles though, I keep them for DIY

I rarely vape Kringle's Curse alone, but it's great for adding a few drops to sweet fruity stuff to give it a little iciness. I tend to use it as a mixer, so one bottle is lasting me forever.

317Vapers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Indiana
www.youtube.com
I rarely vape Kringle's Curse alone, but it's great for adding a few drops to sweet fruity stuff to give it a little iciness. I tend to use it as a mixer, so one bottle is lasting me forever.

Oh man i could vape that stuff straight all day lol its strong though I'll give it that. And kringles curse mixed with menthol ice 50/50 is good too

Sent from Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2, so there will likely be typos!

Standpoint

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2011
South St. Paul, MN
I really like Halo liquids. I bought a sampler pack, and liked about half of it. But after letting the 'bad' ones sit for a few months, I revisited them and found I liked them a lot, too. I think their liquid really benefits from sitting for a few weeks. They have a newer sampler called the tobacco sampler pack which I highly recommend, and is worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread