HANA MODZ DNA 30 Clone arrived today from FT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Thats what i have been hearing about the regular size FT model and the Mini , both seem great

I put a Jwrap on my Mini, it fits almost perfectly.

Thats awesome and what i have been hearing all over the place on the newest V3 version.

I think it might be safe to say that the V3 is a solid unit.

"Regular size"..."mini"..."V3"...???

When I go to FT all I can find are 2 models..."hana modz Pack dna 30 Style mod 1*18650" and "HANA MODZ Pack DNA 30 Style Mod built-in 2*600mAh Li-Po".

What am I missing???

2nd question...In the FT Discussions there is some whining about it automatically going to "Sleep" too quickly so that you have to click the fire button 4-5 times between inhales.

Anybody else find that to be a problem?

armadillo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Honolulu

When I go to FT all I can find are 2 models..."HANA MODZ Pack DNA 30 Style Mod 1*18650" and "HANA MODZ Pack DNA 30 Style Mod built-in 2*600mAh Li-Po".

What am I missing???

2nd question...In the FT Discussions there is some whining about it automatically going to "Sleep" too quickly so that you have to click the fire button 4-5 times between inhales.

The Li-Po is the mini. As to the sleep mode, yes, the mod will sleep after 1 minute of not firing. It does so by gradually dimming the display (on my V3 mini). Once it goes to sleep, pressing the fire button will awake the mod and it will flash EVOLV DNA for 1 second and then fire the atty. So you have two options: 1) click once to wake and then click again to draw vapor or 2) click once and keep pressed, but you will have to draw a little longer since vapor production will set in only after one second.

I personally don't like this behavior and I wished they would get rid of the Evolv DNA phase, but I have started to adapt to the behavior and automatically press once when lifting the mod. But this is clearly the one negative aspect of the FT mini. I do not know if the genuine Evolv DNA has the same issue (anybody want to comment?)

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

When I go to FT all I can find are 2 models..."HANA MODZ Pack DNA 30 Style Mod 1*18650" and "HANA MODZ Pack DNA 30 Style Mod built-in 2*600mAh Li-Po".

What am I missing???

There is a 20 watt Lipo version , a 30 watt Lipo version and the full size 18650 version as the above poster mentioned , every DNA clone that i am aware of suffers from the going to sleep deal , no on/off switch option that i am aware of .

If your considering a full size DNA clone i think you should take a hard look at the 35 watt iPV which i was able to get and use , this device is stellar and has no sleep issues and it has a legit on/off option.

The FT mini supposedly has snap in connections for the battery(or is it the full size Lipo version, not sure) which i think is fantastic / very easy replacement when the standard Lipo's start to go , no soldering required.

Last edited:

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida

What am I missing???

V3 (version 3) is the latest improved version of the mod and has supposedly worked out all of the kinks of the previous versions.

As ssgswjohnson said, the full size uses a removable 18650 battery and is 88 mm high x 49.5 mm wide.

The other one has 2 built in rechargeable 600 mAh Li-Po batteries and is a bit smaller at 72 mm high x 43 mm wide.

The Li-Po is the mini. As to the sleep mode, yes, the mod will sleep after 1 minute of not firing. It does so by gradually dimming the display (on my V3 mini). Once it goes to sleep, pressing the fire button will awake the mod and it will flash EVOLV DNA for 1 second and then fire the atty. So you have two options: 1) click once to wake and then click again to draw vapor or 2) click once and keep pressed, but you will have to draw a little longer since vapor production will set in only after one second.

I personally don't like this behavior and I wished they would get rid of the Evolv DNA phase, but I have started to adapt to the behavior and automatically press once when lifting the mod. But this is clearly the one negative aspect of the FT mini. I do not know if the genuine Evolv DNA has the same issue (anybody want to comment?)

I found the sleep function took a bit of adapting too. It's not a great big bother. Just something that took a little getting used to. I have not had any of the sleep problems I've seen reported here. Yes, the unit does begin to dim the display after 30 seconds of inactivity and then it goes to sleep 30 seconds later. But I don't see the need to keep clicking the button 4-5 times between inhales. If the unit goes to sleep, it's just 1 single click to wake and then vape away. I don't get why it's seems to be such a hassle for some people.

Buster282

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
FL USA
FT e-mailed me today. Get this, they want to send me a new 510 connector for me to install! Fine by me as long as they still honor the warranty. Plus I won't have to wait for all the shipping back and forth. I'm actually thinkin of ordering a Fat Daddy 510 for it. I hear that's what all the modders are using. Cool Beans!

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
FT e-mailed me today. Get this, they want to send me a new 510 connector for me to install! Fine by me as long as they still honor the warranty. Plus I won't have to wait for all the shipping back and forth. I'm actually thinkin of ordering a Fat Daddy 510 for it. I hear that's what all the modders are using. Cool Beans!

Sounds good. But I would make sure you get some kind of a confirmation from them via email stating that they will not void your warranty even though they had you replace the 510 connector yourself. Better safe than sorry.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
If your considering a full size DNA clone i think you should take a hard look at the 35 watt iPV which i was able to get and use , this device is stellar and has no sleep issues and it has a legit on/off option.

Happen to have a link handy that I could look at/purchase it???

V3 (version 3) is the latest improved version of the mod and has supposedly worked out all of the kinks of the previous versions.

None of the "HANA MODZ Pack DNA 30 Style Mod"s on Fasttech show "V3". Are they all V3's?

armadillo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Honolulu
Unfortunately they are out of stock now

iPV 35 Watt Box Mod - Eciggity

No they're not. The black ones say 10 day shipping, but when I ordered they shipped within a few days. All the other colors are available immediately. Also the iPV you linked to is a different form factor than the minis.

rawr

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
hana_2.jpg
hana_1.jpg

hana_4.jpg
hana_3.jpg

hana_5.jpg
hana_6.jpg

Unfourtenately no adjustable center pin, othervise great device! :)

GunMonkeyINTL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
NC
The green one I received a couple weeks ago is identical to yours except that it does have am adjustable center pin, and the excess battery wiring was folded up and stuffed into the top of the compartment. Minor detail, and may just represent the difference between two different assemblers, but it was sort of a PITa getting them out back in that way. May try stuffing them in the bottom next time.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
No they're not. The black ones say 10 day shipping, but when I ordered they shipped within a few days. All the other colors are available immediately. Also the iPV you linked to is a different form factor than the minis.

What do you mean no their not , he asked if i had a link for the iPV 35 watt and i gave it to him and the link i provided clearly shows "out of stock " for the silver and black iPV. He is not asking about the Hana clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread