Hana Modz DNA30 with Atlantis 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
I can't speak to how well the Atlantis V2 performs, but I doubt a DNA 30 device is capable of pushing enough power to meet the potential of a .3Ω or .5Ω coil. It may work with the 1.0Ω coils.

I can only give you a recommendation based on the gear that I own myself.
I love my Sigelei 150w, they can be had for around 90$.

Reactions: Susan~S

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
The Atlantis 2 comes with 2 coils.

1. The 0.5Ω coil has printed on it a recommended wattage of between 20-30 watts.
2. The 0.3Ω coil has printed on it a recommended wattage of between 70-80 watts.

So based on the above, if you are going to use the 0.3Ω coil a DNA30 wouldn't provide enough power.

I have the original Atlantis and run it at between 40-45 watts using the v1 0.5Ω coil.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I am looking at getting into sub ohm vaping and i am going to buy an aspire atlantis 2. I was also going to but a Hana Modz DNA30 device to go with it...is this a good combination? I like to blow clouds and im not really bothered about great taste.
Thanks!
"Clouds" is a subjective term... and not easy to apply a value to.

Large vapor volume is the result of high net coil surface area/mass. To utilize that surface area, you must be able to heat it. With 30 watts, you have practical limits for heating that coil surface area to a adequate heat flux (coil radiant heat).

I'd need to know the wire gauge used in the Atlantis BVC coils, per resistance, to tell you the exact surface area and what wattage is required to heat the coil to 'X' heat flux.

For example... if your 0.5Ω coil is made from 24 gauge wire - at 30 watts you have a coil surface area of 110.03 mm² and a heat flux of 265 mW/mm².

If we drop down to 22 gauge (again at 30 watts), the surface area doubles to 222.99 mm²... but heat flux drops to a cool 132 mW/mm².

To obtain the same heat flux as the first example, with the surface area of the second example... you need to double the wattage applied.

To learn more about the above values and how to tune them to your advantage, click the first two sigline hyperlinks below.

Cheers

Josh cranston

Apr 30, 2015
The Atlantis 2 comes with 2 coils.

1. The 0.5Ω coil has printed on it a recommended wattage of between 20-30 watts.
2. The 0.3Ω coil has printed on it a recommended wattage of between 70-80 watts.

So based on the above, if you are going to use the 0.3Ω coil a DNA30 wouldn't provide enough power.

I have the original Atlantis and run it at between 40-45 watts using the v1 0.5Ω coil.

Thanks, think ill consider getting an eleaf 50w then. Not uing the .5 coil isnt a problem really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread