Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Thanks Billy,
I would like to thank all the Veterans also.
I would also like to thank YOU...
Thanks for putting your life on the line for the Freedoms that we take for granted every day...My father was a 23 year Veteran of the Coast Gaurd and saw action in World War 2and Vietnam and died before I was old enough to figure out how important that was...
I apreciate it...
Drew

alphafemale

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Marshall, Michigan
I am so honored to be friends with you guys. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service and sacrifices.

My Uncle Terry (RIP) did 3 tours of Vietnam, my Uncle Chuck (Ret) was in the Gulf War, my sisters boyfriend (inactive) was also in the Gulf War, my brother Rich was in the Army, my cousin Christopher served with the Marines, my cousin in law Frank was also a Marine, my cousin Nathan just came home from Afghanistan in Feb and my cousin in law Jesse has been to Iraq twice. The last two are still active but state side (Thank you God).

And it's very freaky to hear the operator say she has a collect call from Rhiyad Saudia Arabia, when your not expecting it! :)

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
58 people opened this post to look but only 4 took the time to say Happy memorial day to our vets? Come on people you can take 20 seconds and post something nice to our vets and current servicemen and women.
But maybe your just too busy cause your looking at e-cigs and liquid and that has priority. Please come on where is your patriotism? Thanks for listening.

Conner

Feb 13, 2010
Castle Rock
I can't speak for all the people who joined the military, but for myself at least, hearing stories like Katya's are the reason I chose to put myself in harm's way. Hearing that lives were saved by men and women doing their duty inspired and humbled me, and hoping to emulate those folks played a big part in my own enlistment. Even though I can say that only a few lives were saved directly by my actions, every one is precious to me and makes me thankful that I was there.

I had many friends I grew up with who chose to serve, and sadly, not all of them made it back, but they all served with honor and dignity. Losing them will leave a hollow place in me, but they sacrificed themselves to protect those who couldn't fight, and if you gotta go, going out doing something noble is the way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread