Happy new owner of a BSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
I brought my black Silver Bullet in from the mailbox at about 5:00 last night and have not left it out of my hand for more than five minutes since I brought it in, except to sleep. I was tempted even then to tuck it in next to me, but I was afraid the dog would be sneaking some of my caramel cinnamon, and I won't have any of that (I'll have to get him some bacon to use when I'm not looking).

I just wanted to say how much I love it so far (the whole 18 hours I've had it). The size was a little intimidating at first, but was smaller in real life than pictures, and even though it is much bigger than the Riva I was using, the adaptation to its bulk was almost immediate. Picking up my Riva, which has a different flavor on, felt like picking up a toy. Having decided that 5V was a bit too much for me, I'm content with the standard 3.7 configuration, and it's amazing how much more flavor and vapor I can get with the jump from the 3.2-3.4 that the eGo/Riva styles put out to this, but I'm loving it. I've probably wasted a lot of juice blowing smoke rings and clouds, but hopefully I'll return to adulthood and settle down to vaping like a normal person.

Since I use a butter knife for a screwdriver, I'm appreciating the fact my BSB does not require anything more than putting the batteries in to work. I just wanted to let you know how much I'm loving what may be the only mod I need (maybe not the only one I buy, but that's a different story!).

Scott EE

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Virginia USA
I recently picked up a BSB as well and it is really nice with 18650's. I love not having to think about the battery all day long. I have found it lasts into the next day a good amount as well at least for my use. It is big but it is like a mobile pass-through for the house. Perhaps not a great pocket device due to size but in colder months I think it will be fine in a jacket or coat pocket when out and about.

Don't forget to pick up some Noalox to care for the threads. I got some at Lowes in the aisle with the electrical stuff.

vip0802

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2010
Maryland
SimpleSins - congrats on your BSB! isn't it an amazing device? even though i have a few other PVs to choose from, the BSB is my go-to...as in it pretty much stays in my hand all day. i know you mentioned that 5v was a little too much for you, but i just have to say that the SB at 6v is like none other. the copper hot spring and connector really gives 6v a nice boost yet it's still smooth and not harsh at all. pair it with a 510 Boge carto and that is seriously my most satisfying vape. :)

tector - besides the difference in aesthetics and that one is mechanical, i honestly don't believe there's a difference between the SB and Omega. i was lucky enough to try out a SB and play with an Omega (even though i never took a vape from it) before i bought my BSB, and i chose it because i really loved the button. i don't mind that it's not mechanical because there's no maintenance to it. when i first received it, all i did was put a little Noalox on the threads and i haven't had to do anything else in the 2+ months since i've had it. i have 2 other devices that are mechanical and it's been nice not having to polish or clean it every week. not that i'm putting down the Omega in any way (i'm planning on getting one too) because maintaining it really isn't that hard either. i mean having an all mechanical device is great, but so is having a non-mechanical one. it's really subjective, and choosing between the Omega and SB just really comes down to preference.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Hi.. I just ordered my Omega Thanks to you (SimpleSins).. So... Thanks Alot!...

but i have to ask.. why going with SB when the Omega is out?... i mean.. what is the diferrent?... (the SB is prettyer... but the Omega is all mechanical.. isn't it better?)

Congrats!...

I'm glad to see that you were able to work out the int'l shipping problem with AltSmoke. Are you getting the Copper Vein?

tector

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2010
Israel
I'm glad to see that you were able to work out the int'l shipping problem with AltSmoke. Are you getting the Copper Vein?

No i ordered the Silver Chrome..

Sorru but the silver vein is Ugly man.. it looks like a used hammer or something like that.. i really like the clean elegant look of the Silver Chrome.. with no Tarnish..

Thanks Alot for your Help btw!..

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
but i have to ask.. why going with SB when the Omega is out?... i mean.. what is the diferrent?... (the SB is prettyer... but the Omega is all mechanical.. isn't it better?)

it's really subjective, and choosing between the Omega and SB just really comes down to preference.

One is not "better" than the other, they're "different". One has that *really* nice fluid button. All kinds of ways and fingers and positions to push it from/with. The other you depress the top with your thumb. The button is positional in that it has to be under whatever you're going to push it with. More of a factor when using whistle or cigar tips. The top is not. The top requires more pressure/effort. The Omega is smaller and lighter. Inadvertent activation is a concern when carrying the Omega, virtually non existent with the SB.

So I have both :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread