Happy New Sub Tank Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindshatter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Chicago, IL
I purchased the sub tank with a Smok 1.7 single coil and it was shipped super fast. My first experiences with it were not very good but that has more to do with the fact this was my first tank than a problem with the actual tank/carto. I used it on my Lavatube and there is just not enough amps to make this thing run like I would like it to. But on a KGO it rocks pretty great.

I was also experiencing some dry hits like the carto was just not getting enough. I meailed back and forth with Mom & Pop and they were able to help me out. I love a vendor that will take the time to help someone out. Anyway, they recommended that I take the thumb screw out and give just a brief drag. That did the trick, the volume in the tank went down and the carto was filled. I did get a little gurgling afterwards but that went away quickly and it has been working great ever since. I guess it just needed a little help.

Anyway, great tank. Super happy with it and the service and the shipping. And of course the price is stellar. Now that I know the 3.0 Boge XXL will work in the full size sub it is time to place another order so my lavatube could get in on the tank fun.

Thanks Mom & Pop.

Mainspring

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
SoCal
got one thrown in with my purchase from a forum member recently.

wonderful tank.

since it didn't have the walls at the edges of the gaskets I thought it be hard to put together but it's really quite easy...

filling the tank is a breeze thanks to the screw hole.

haven't had any leaks so far.

digging it. I'm sure I'll order a few more on my next juice purchase. so inexpensive, have one dedicated for each of my juice flavors. :laugh:

plus, they look pretty cool. :)

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
colored screws? Mine are black... what other colors are there and how do I get them in my tank order?

They recently got coloured screws, maybe a month ago? They now have black, red, and blue. In my last order I got 1 blue (my bf's fave colour) and 1 red (my fave colour), so it worked out awesome! I believe Pop said that you can put what colour screw you'd like in the comments when ordering and they will do their best to accommodate.

Spoons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Southern Maryland
I have been vaping on 2 new mini subs for about a week now on a lava tube with 3 ohm cartos.. They are the bomb..
Also, a shout out to mom and pop for the 2 sample juices they threw into the envelope

Batter Up and Black Cherry

The Batter Up is not quite my cup of tea.. (im saving that one for my girlfriend)

but the Black Cherry.... Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be ordering a large bottle of this..

Thanks again!!!

Spoons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Southern Maryland
How do the mini tanks look on a ego battery?
Here, I just popped this mini on my kgo.. IMG00424-20120512-1512.jpg
a bit cumbersome... but it works...lol

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Didn't know how it would look because I use a full size on top of mine sometimes but I can tell you it'll vape like a beast.
Hi...I just got my first sub today & I'm already loving it. I put it on my Ego Twist-little odd looking (kind of awesome, actually) - now I have a BIG question.....how do you change the carto when the time comes. I've checked youtube w/no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Hi...I just got my first sub today & I'm already loving it. I put it on my Ego Twist-little odd looking (kind of awesome, actually) - now I have a BIG question.....how do you change the carto when the time comes. I've checked youtube w/no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here's a thread on changing the cartos-- http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/mom-pop-vapor-shop/269749-loving-my-new-mini-tank.html

And here's a "general discussion" on tanks in general-- http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/mom-pop-vapor-shop/277201-darnit-broke-new-tank.html

:)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
The tank as you received it is composed of a polycarbonate tube with a drilled/threaded hole, a thumbscrew, two vinyl grommets and a cartomizer. The cartomizer goes into the center hole of the two grommets, the polycabonate tube goes around the outside of the two grommets and the thumbscrew goes in the threaded hole in the side of the tube.

Does that help?

bhami007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Texas, USA
YES....so the grommets are the 2 black rubbery things (high tech term) on the top & bottom?

Yes those are the grommets. I just push the cart & grommets all the way through the tube (pushing on the connector end) to remove them (being careful not to damage the center post on the connector). Oh and take the fill screw out first. :laugh: Just takes a little force.

I just started using these tanks with my Provari about 3 weeks ago and now I have 5 of them filled with Mop & Pop juice and loving them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread