Happy to receive a surprise in today's mail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookyelectric

May 30, 2012
Texas
(Didn't know if this should go in reviews and if so which subforum, since it's about a generic battery, some liquids, and just generally "vaping with style." feel free to move it if needed) I received my order from azsmokefree.com today! I must say, the order was processed and shipped quite quickly. I also asked the vendor a question via email and he answered quickly. I ordered an RN4081 mega battery in purple, with a purple crystal LED tip, as well as two liquids, and two boxes of cartomizers.

Receiving this package right before I was going to work got me preoccupied and excited; I ended up being ten minutes late to my shift! The order was packed well and they included a bonus gift of a nifty pen with a surprisingly powerful LED flashlight on one end, and it had the company's name on it. right up my alley.

I was disappointed to realize the cartos I thought I had ordered were actually cartridges for an atty setup. This is not the vendor's fault at all. They were listed as "blank cartridges" but the picture of the packaging called them "atomized cartridges" so I mistakenly thought they were cartomizers. At $3.50 a box for two boxes, I don't think it's really worth the hassle of returning them. I might give them to my roommate or his girlfriend who use atties and cartidges.

The battery is longer than the one that came with the njoy kit which I have been using. I am hoping that this means it may last longer, but I haven't yet used it until drained to find out. The case is glossy lavender and it has a flat, diamond-like tip that lights up a very intense, beautiful shade of purple. It had a bit of a charge to start with, so it only took about an hour and a half to get fully charged. I admired myself in a few mirrors using it today ;)
HPIM0089.jpg

On to the juices: I got "Signature Blend" Fuji Apple Pear 12mg nic 60/40 PG/VG and "High Caliber" Tiramisu 1.2% nic 100% PG (I was a bit sad I didn't notice it was all PG when I ordered it). The Fuji Apple Pear is simply delicious! Very smooth, lots of vapor, and it's a bit like vaping a sweet Apple and Pear martini. I could vape this all day... The Tiramisu is, on the other hand, a bit odd. As it's my first time vaping 100% PG, the vapor production is a touch disappointing. It does have a very strong flavor, however. And about that flavor.... It's basically just a toasted hazelnut. There's no coffee or chocolate, just buttery, creamy hazelnut. I have never had Tiramisu with hazelnut so it's a bit of a surprise, especially without the other two signature flavors of the dessert. It's still not a bad juice, it is quite tasty. It may be a bit intense and cloying to vape all day, but it's another fine liquid to add to my small-but-growing collection.

Lastly, I uploaded a few vids of me using the new battery and liquid to youtube, and I'll go ahead and share. I chose some creepy music to go with the dark rainbow-lit atmosphere. Sorry for the crappy video quality, I shot it using something normally reserved for still photos.
Video #1 Hopelessly Vaping - YouTube
Video #2 For Whom The Batt Vapes - YouTube
Video #3 Libera-ted Vaper - YouTube

Last edited:

spookyelectric

May 30, 2012
Texas
yes, Dana, I was so excited about ordering the battery that I didn't pay enough attention when ordering the juice. The PG isn't terrible and it does transmit the flavor well, but it makes for lower vapor content than I am used to.

by the way, I talked about "vaping with style" in the original post, but I just realized I was wearing a white undershirt in the videos. real stylish, huh? :D
HPIM0084.jpg

spookyelectric

May 30, 2012
Texas
Noticed a strange thing yesterday. I was charging my new battery on the USB connected to the laptop, and the normally-bright LED was glowing very dim. Then the red indicator light on the charger started rapidly flickering between red and green. I know the laptop doesn't charge as high as a wall outlet so I switched it over to the wall. The crazy flickering did not happen anymore and it charged up to green within 45 minutes. The LED on the battery still glowed dimly during charge time. When vaping, the LED seems fine. Anyone ever have a something nutty like this happen? I hope it's not a bad sign for the battery...

On to the juices I got. I love the Fuji Apple Pear so I am not going to touch it, but I did add some VG to the Tiramisu (read:Hazelnut) to give it better vapor and tone down the flavor. It toned it down a bit too much so I added a few drops of coconut flavor. Tastes nice now, and good vapor. I went ahead and made some zero nic liquids too. I did raspberry, and then another one which is coconut-mint. The raspberry is nice, but has no throat hit. I haven't tried the coconut mint yet.

I diluted my dreaded clove liquid with some VG, and added a tiny bit of mint to it, so maybe that will save it. I hope so...

Alac

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I'm jumping to a few assumptions here, so you can correct me if I'm wrong.

I have had a few issues with with the nJoy charger when chargeing other batteries.
The rapid flashing for me seemed to be when it is almost, fully charged. I left it plugged in untill I got the green to stay steady. Another issue was on one charger, both the red and green would stay lit being a greenish red, or maybe it was a reddish green, I hope you see what I am talking about. When thathappened, the batteries didn't seem to charge. I've been through 3 nJoy chargers, now I mostly charge my 4081s in a PCC.

spookyelectric

May 30, 2012
Texas
thanks for the reply. Yeah, this purple battery is certainly not made by NJOY. It seems to charge fine on the wall, without flickering too much. I have had these two NJOY chargers for about a month so I hope they last. Also, my local grocery store sells some e-cig parts (they look like RN4081) like cartos, single batteries, car and wall charge adapters but of course they don't sell just the charger... :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread