The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

hard draw on Mako Maksi

Discussion in 'Moju Republic' started by shatner, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. shatner

shatner Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2010
    Houston, Tx.
    Hey guys,

I received my Maksi in the mail on Saturday and spent most of the day yesterday trying to use it. By saying 'trying to use it' I mean that when both the battery cap and atty cap are screwed on tightly, then the atty is screwed down finger tight theres absolutely NO air coming through.

I'm using a 510 atty and when I screw the atomizer into the Mako the air holes are pretty much 100% covered and I cant pull through it. To get any vapor I have to loosen the atty ~ 1/4 of the way but then it's loose and giggles around. I'm using the 5v battery.

What's up? Please don't tell me this is how it's supposed to be. I may as well be sucking on a Sharpie marker. I do get vapor, but honestly I was surprised to see any, the draw is just non existant.

2. smokindeuce

smokindeuce Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Hi Shatner,

This isn't how the draw is supposed to be - are you using both o-rings with the 5V battery and could you let me know how far the travel is on the switch before it engages?

Thanks,

Tim:)

3. shatner

Jan 12, 2010
    Houston, Tx.
    Yes, I am using both o-rings. I noticed that the screw on the inside of the atomizer connector just spins like it's stripped. I can even push it in and pull it out without twisting it. The travel on the switch is ~1-2mm.

4. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Hi Shatner,

We have recently had an issue with a brand new, different style of 510 atomiser connection which has recently come to market and caused a similar problem for someone with the draw - this is the only possible variable I can think of.

I think the best option would be if you could email me your address details and we will arrange for a replacement adapter to be sent asap.

Email: mail@smokejuice.co.uk

Thanks,

Tim

5. shatner

Jan 12, 2010
    Houston, Tx.
    I sent you an email, Tim. Thanks.

6. br5495

br5495 Old Man Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

May 24, 2010
    Liberty, Texas
    Has the 510 connection changed from the original configuration, or did I interpret the video wrong? I thought the 510 atomizer screwed on the outside and did not require the inner screw. I was thinking about buying this version because of that arrangement. Now I don't know what to think.

7. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Hi BR5495 - :)

The 510 connector still screws in from the outside but we have made a few adjustments to it such as adding notches so that it can be removed easily. ;)

8. br5495

br5495 Old Man Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

May 24, 2010
    Liberty, Texas
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I can see where the notches could come in handy.

br

9. shatner

Jan 12, 2010
    Houston, Tx.
    Has my replacement shipped out yet?

10. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Hi Shatner,

We've been making some very slight alterations to the 510 adapter so apologies for the delay but wanted to send you the latest update.

The good news is we are finished now so should ship tomorrow now.....;)

11. shatner

Jan 12, 2010
    Houston, Tx.

Thanks. I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure it's on the way. Can't wait!

12. shatner

Jan 12, 2010
    Houston, Tx.
    My new adapter arrived today. Now that is what a pv should feel like! This thing is totally different and I actually feel like I got my moneys worth. Thanks a bunch! This thing ROCKS!

Thanks!!

13. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK

No worries Shatner and pleased everything is sorted and working as it should - apologies once again for the delay while we made the alterations. :)

14. shatner

Jan 12, 2010
    Houston, Tx.
    No problem. The wait was worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.