HARD Hitting, SMALL Mech Mod for SLR Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiezheadiez

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Boston
I've been searching for a while and still can't seem to make up my mind.

Basically, I'm looking for a small mechanical mod. The reason being that I feel like I'm being held back by my VV device (Volcano Lavatube v2). The response time is pretty slow and I can't really create huge clouds of vapor as the lowest resistance I could achieve using 30 gauge kanthal was about 1.3 ohms. I figure the only way to get what I'm looking for, which is huge clouds and great flavor, is to try out a low res coil on a mech mod. BTW I'm using an Igo-L at the moment with cottonball wicks, which is easy and cheap as hell with great flavor IMO.

Honestly, I need recommendations. I don't want anything with a spring as I've heard that it can cause a drop in power to the atomizer. Brass, silver, gold, rhodium or copper pins are a must. I don't really have a preference between fixed length or telescopic BUT a short length is important. I'm looking to use 18xxx batteries with the mod, most likely won't use a kick or crown but would like the option.

Here's a few that interest me: GP Paps, Caravela (probably not gonna happen...:glare:), precise ela/p+ (kinda big), roller/dingo (spring..), GGTS, GUS g22, EA mod, 69 mod

Here's some pinoy mods that look good too: Nzonic, mortar, titan, avenger, pisces... BTW i love the stuff coming out of the philippines like the Nimbus RA

Well I feel like thats enough for one post LOL. Can some experienced users help me? Or anyone for that matter? I also have a few Q's but I'll wait til I get a response.

Niko49

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
Kentucky
Personally it sounds like you need to try a different atomizer setup or pg/vg ratio. Switching to a mech mod and coiling a sub 1ohm atomizer isnt going to be any different than just upping the voltage on your lavatube. Maybe try switching to a higher vg blend before forking out cash on a new mod only to get the same amount of vapor.

Sorry if that sounds rude, I just think a mech mod isnt going to give you what your looking for. But, if your like me and going to buy a mech mod anyways; ive heard good things about the SupT mods and the ELA is up for preorder.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Just out of curiosity, what liquid do you vape and what blend is it? The reason I ask is I use a particular 100%PG liquid and found that it is a little too intense, (throat hit), and not too much vapor. But when I blend it down with straight VG, (50/50 most of the time), the difference is night and day in both throat hit and vapor. I found a throat hit I like and get massive clouds on anything I vape it on, especially the Igo-L on top of my Natural mechanical. I actually had to blend down my liquid to like a 30/70 mix with a 1.0Ω coil and still getting huge clouds!

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Personally it sounds like you need to try a different atomizer setup or pg/vg ratio. Switching to a mech mod and coiling a sub 1ohm atomizer isnt going to be any different than just upping the voltage on your lavatube. Maybe try switching to a higher vg blend before forking out cash on a new mod only to get the same amount of vapor.

Sorry if that sounds rude, I just think a mech mod isnt going to give you what your looking for. But, if your like me and going to buy a mech mod anyways; ive heard good things about the SupT mods and the ELA is up for preorder.
Have you personally tried a Super Low Ω coil on a mech mod before? I would definitely disagree with you. I used to love my Cobra @1.3VΩ on my Provari at like 3.8-4volts, etc. but it was definitely a different feeling than my SLR coils on my GGTS for example. One noticable difference is drag time, especially on a genesis. When I had a genesis with a .8Ω coil or something similar on a mech, it took like 1/3rd the amount of time taking a drag to get the same kind of hit as my Cobra+Provari setup did for example and I know most people would agree with me.

Also, I don't know about the ELA's dimensions but the P+ is definitely not too big. It's actually quite a nice size. Where as most 18xxx mech mods are roughly 22mm, the P+'s are only 20mm, and not all that long either, especially in like 18350. And they're very, very hard hitting. The I-goL is also the exact same diameter as the P+ and it would look pretty good on it, especially if you took the time to give the I-Go a brushed finish (very easy to do, especially on something that small) it would look absolutely FANTASTIC! AND to top it all off, you can just go on the store and buy it right now, no further hassle needed!

Edit: Wow, what the heck? Super T is out of all P+'s except the 16340 version, what's up with this?!? I've NEVER once seen them out of Precise units like this, anybody know what gives?

eddiezheadiez

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Boston

There's nothing wrong with my setup now. The flavor and vapor is good. I just want CLOUDS. I'd definitely say that a lot of users on this forum would disagree with what you said about bumping up the voltage, at least from what I've gathered so far.

Just out of curiosity, what liquid do you vape and what blend is it? The reason I ask is I use a particular 100%PG liquid and found that it is a little too intense, (throat hit), and not too much vapor. But when I blend it down with straight VG, (50/50 most of the time), the difference is night and day in both throat hit and vapor. I found a throat hit I like and get massive clouds on anything I vape it on, especially the Igo-L on top of my Natural mechanical. I actually had to blend down my liquid to like a 30/70 mix with a 1.0Ω coil and still getting huge clouds!

Currently I'm vaping Cirrus by Fancee Juice. It's a 50/50 mix. It kinda taste like Listerine Lol it's not bad at all, not what I expected though.

Have you personally tried a Super Low Ω coil on a mech mod before? I would definitely disagree with you. I used to love my Cobra @1.3VΩ on my Provari at like 3.8-4volts, etc. but it was definitely a different feeling than my SLR coils on my GGTS for example. One noticable difference is drag time, especially on a genesis. When I had a genesis with a .8Ω coil or something similar on a mech, it took like 1/3rd the amount of time taking a drag to get the same kind of hit as my Cobra+Provari setup did for example and I know most people would agree with me.

Also, I don't know about the ELA's dimensions but the P+ is definitely not too big. It's actually quite a nice size. Where as most 18xxx mech mods are roughly 22mm, the P+'s are only 20mm, and not all that long either, especially in like 18350. And they're very, very hard hitting. The I-goL is also the exact same diameter as the P+ and it would look pretty good on it, especially if you took the time to give the I-Go a brushed finish (very easy to do, especially on something that small) it would look absolutely FANTASTIC! AND to top it all off, you can just go on the store and buy it right now, no further hassle needed!

Edit: Wow, what the heck? Super T is out of all P+'s except the 16340 version, what's up with this?!? I've NEVER once seen them out of Precise units like this, anybody know what gives?

They stopped making the P+ because they're currently working on the ELA. Although, I have considered the P+, but it's a little long for my taste and also has a spring and suffers from battery rattle. It looks amazing though, just not for me.

Last edited:

eddiezheadiez

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Boston
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: duplicate

alpiyano

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Malaysia
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: duplicate

Hoang Nguyen

Feb 21, 2013
SoCal
I'm in the same situation like you ATM. Trying to grab myself a nice mech mod is very discouraging. So far as in fully mechanical mods that easy to acquire but aren't so fancy I'm thinking about getting are the,

KTS or known as the Chi Chi TS
Natural
Drawtube
Segelei stainless steel telescopic (flat top version)

All are about $50.00 and under and look great in 18350 mode

Another filipino mod that's coming out pretty soon to the states and looks great is the Platform mod by DOOKZ

I hope this helps!

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
They stopped making the P+ because they're currently working on the ELA. Although, I have considered the P+, but it's a little long for my taste and also has a spring and suffers from battery rattle. It looks amazing though, just not for me.

Why is the spring a problem? And there's no battery rattle if set up like it should, they come with o-rings to match with various battery sizes.

eddiezheadiez

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Boston
CCPV + fatty v2 :)

CC products is quite good, theres an option now to use tanks with your fatty v2 cap..

the newer atomizers like Forge has selective airhole (no more drilling!) and 3 poles for your double/triple & quad coils!. heard them pinoys coming out with a 4 poles dripper..dangg..

nzonic v3 is a pretty one, if not mistaken, it has a magnetic firing pin rather than springs?

i did a dual coil, triple twisted kanthal in a fatty v2, reads 0.3 ohms!! using my Titan + vapelab juice 50/50 (made in PH)..massive thick clouds!! but then again, gets too hot quickly and drains your batt even quicker hehehh..so revert back to 0.8 ohm dual coil ribbon setup in the fatty for everyday vape and transferred the 0.3 ohm monster to my smok rda for showoffs hahaaa. next job: triple & quad coil with Pride RA

I really like the fatty v2. Is it hard to set up with the posts right on the base? Also, the Nzonic and Titan look awesome. How do you like the titan? It looks tiny. I can't seem to find the dimensions on either mod though... If you could post the titan's dimensions that would be awesome.

I'm in the same situation like you ATM. Trying to grab myself a nice mech mod is very discouraging. So far as in fully mechanical mods that easy to acquire but aren't so fancy I'm thinking about getting are the,

KTS or known as the Chi Chi TS
Natural
Drawtube
Segelei stainless steel telescopic (flat top version)

All are about $50.00 and under and look great in 18350 mode

Another filipino mod that's coming out pretty soon to the states and looks great is the Platform mod by DOOKZ

I hope this helps!

I probably should've mentioned I'm looking for something high end. Although, those all look nice.

Why is the spring a problem? And there's no battery rattle if set up like it should, they come with o-rings to match with various battery sizes.

I've heard that the spring can cause a greater loss of power to the atomizer. Also, I think it adds unnecessary size. I'd rather have adjustable posts.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

eddiezheadiez

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Boston
EA has no spring is highend and takes 18350-18650. The brass pin in the 510 connection will adjust to your atty so you can have the flush look. Also, it's always available and from US sellers. Seems to hit all the points.

Do you know the dimensions? I can't seem to find them.

eddiezheadiez

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Boston
I have it sitting in front of me but I thought I found them online...was height the issue?

Yeah, I want something relatively short. I don't really care about width so much. Could you measure it in 18350 mode for me? That would be very helpful.

Oh and I have a question... Do you know why US mods use brass pins and pinoy mods use copper pins. I've read that copper is a much better conductor.

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
I've heard that the spring can cause a greater loss of power to the atomizer. Also, I think it adds unnecessary size. I'd rather have adjustable posts.

The spring in a P+ does not affect the power at all, there's no difference if I remove it. :)
It could be smaller, but my 18500 is small enough to not bother me.

eddiezheadiez

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Boston
The spring in a P+ does not affect the power at all, there's no difference if I remove it. :)
It could be smaller, but my 18500 is small enough to not bother me.

Well that's good to know. I might have to wait until the 18xxx sizes are available again. I wasn't trying to talk down super t or anything, as I think they make some of the highest quality products on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread