Hard to get rid of my "trigger" response

Status
Not open for further replies.

flobiwan

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
I was a light smoker (2-8 ultra light analogs a day) prior to vaping. Since i started vaping about 2 years ago, i have no problem staying away from analogs UNLESS i'm driving. For some reason, driving is a big trigger for me and i find it hard not to smoke when i'm in the car. Conversely, i can't get into vaping in the car although i love it at home. Even if i'm just taking a 5 minute drive to the store, i find it hard not to light up.

On the other hand, if i'm home and don't go out - even if it's a couple days, i have no trouble vaping and not smoking. Don't even have any urges. If i get in the car, however, the urge hits me. Weird. Especially strange since i do like vaping a whole lot more than smoking. I'm sure it's all psychological at this point. I wish i could get over this hump. Anyone have any similar experiences?

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
I wish I could help but even in the car I haven't really had a problem switching to vaping... I'm curious though is it in any car or just our car or have you had a chance to find that out. I ask because it is possible that the residual smoke in your car could be triggering it. Cars are small so it would affect you more than i a house.

This occured to me because when I still smoked we only smoked in one room of the house and I found I could go much longer without a cigarette if I wasn't in that room than if I was.

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
I vape like a madman in the car--that's whats awesome about vaping! Every red light=a puff.

Make the car vape a treat--make it higher nic and a special flavor you really like. I chain vape 5.5 and I got a little sample reward of 18 in a daily vape flavor from a vendor. You will be amazed how awesome those first few puffs are at a higher level (I use Johnson creek peach so it really tastes strong and nice in the 18mg sample).

Last edited:

izabella

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2011
in my body in the Windy city
Did you smoke in the car because you couldn't smoke much at home (because of others in your house, or to avoid the smokey smell)? Was that your "go-to" place for smoking?

My car was like that for me. Dammit, I can't smoke at work, can't smoke in bars, etc., so my car was my sanctuary and I smoked to my heart's content in there. It is harder for me to avoid smoking in the car than at home. Something about being stuck in traffic just makes me want a cigarette.

I agree with Ralikar's advice. Make vaping "better" than smoking, either with higher nic, or your favorite flavors. What worked for me was to have multiple automatic batteries with different carto flavors. That lets me switch them up while I'm driving, so fools my brain into thinking I'm lighting a "fresh" cigarette each time.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread