Has any vaper gone to the doctor and gotten their lungs checked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Yep, I completed one of those uphill-treadmill stress tests after I became an e-smoker. Lungs did fine. Clean on an x-ray. But it's not the lungs anyone here should be concerned about. It's the circulatory system. And it's nicotine that is the enemy.

My cholesterol ratio was terribly skewed and I had a 95% clogged carotid artery that required quick surgery and a month of no-driving, etc, recuperation. All of the doctors were in agreement: Nicotine did this. Not smoking. Nicotine.

Now I'm on cholesterol lowering drugs and have a perfect HDL/LDL ratio again, even though I e-smoke, do snus, and puff a pipe. My lungs are great. But it's a bummer that because I subject my body to massive doses of poison every day, I have to bring it in check with some chemical mix from Big Pharma. Far better for anyone would be quitting. I just .. can't.

Instead of lung tests, BTW, I now undergo twice-yearly liver function tests. So far, so clean.

Zach

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Well, the reason i am asking this question is, i feel a lot better. My skin has gotten better and i've found it's easier to exercise because i can breath better. I get winded about half as fast working twice as hard as i was.

Just for reference i am 26 years old, 5'8, 160 lbs average/athletic build. I eat pretty well and i am generally healthy except for my lungs. They've always been the weakest part of my body, for some reason. I had bronchitis a lot as a kid.
Obviously bob is in a different age group and worried about different things. I know now (since starting to use e-cigs) that nicotine is a potent stimulant and can have serious side effects, but i think e-smoking is much less harmful than smoking and i intend to continue doing it.
I occasionally take prescription stimulants anyways, and they are much stronger than the dose of nicotine i get from my e-liquid.

I've also been vaping heavily but don't get regular checkups. I really should have gotten a checkup just before i got the e-cig and then done one in a week or so, but i was just too damn lazy. Forgive me Health, Safety, and E-Smoking.
As far as i can tell the only side effects of vaping are moderately increased nicotine levels, quit-smoking symptoms, and occasionally i will cough up a little of the condensation in my lungs, but it's always clear. Haven't gotten a cold or a sore throat since e-smoking. Water always cures it instantly.

Last edited:

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Yep, I completed one of those uphill-treadmill stress tests after I became an e-smoker. Lungs did fine. Clean on an x-ray. But it's not the lungs anyone here should be concerned about. It's the circulatory system. And it's nicotine that is the enemy.

My cholesterol ratio was terribly skewed and I had a 95% clogged carotid artery that required quick surgery and a month of no-driving, etc, recuperation. All of the doctors were in agreement: Nicotine did this. Not smoking. Nicotine.

Now I'm on cholesterol lowering drugs and have a perfect HDL/LDL ratio again, even though I e-smoke, do snus, and puff a pipe. My lungs are great. But it's a bummer that because I subject my body to massive doses of poison every day, I have to bring it in check with some chemical mix from Big Pharma. Far better for anyone would be quitting. I just .. can't.

Instead of lung tests, BTW, I now undergo twice-yearly liver function tests. So far, so clean.

:shock: whoa, Big Bro..I did not know about this....hope you'll be okay...
Take care of yourself ..you got me worried now....:(

I have subjected myself to 4 intensive Chest X-rays and repeated blood test....getting better everyday...much less fatigue compares to those smoky days...my patients also do the repeated chest x-rays..all clear so far(I fear the frequent radiation could have done more damage than e-smoking itself....:D)

COAD patients have known to benefit from E-smoking ..and I believe so far the only possible method to remove the Tar physically from our (years of smoking) lungs is by e-smoking....my COAD patients cough out a lot of black and greyish phlegm for the first 3 weeks of initial exposure to e-vapours...I have sent some for analysis and they shown to be actually Tar(not blood as I first suspected) and some necrosed cells/epithelial cells from the lungs lining....and they have improved breathing and better respiratory effort..imagine we have finally found our Lung Cleaner....:thumb:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Hey, I'm good as new now. No concern. I got "fixed." And my doctor was ecstatic that I quit smoking tobacco cigarettes (I demo'd my e-cig for him). The Zocor dropped my cholesterol to a level that the nurse said "I wish to hell mine was that!" The latest ultrasound of my neck by my surgeon showed no change in carotid arteries (I'm not filling up with fatty deposits again).

And I too have lost the cough, the tar in the phlegm, the frequent "out of breath" while walking the dog. All good stuff. I've had no side effects that I know of from e-smoking (shoulder pain is bursitis, doc says).

I'm sorry that I use nicotine, but that's just the way things are... And I like e-smoking.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
COAD patients have known to benefit from E-smoking ..and I believe so far the only possible method to remove the Tar physically from our (years of smoking) lungs is by e-smoking....my COAD patients cough out a lot of black and greyish phlegm for the first 3 weeks of initial exposure to e-vapours...I have sent some for analysis and they shown to be actually Tar(not blood as I first suspected) and some necrosed cells/epithelial cells from the lungs lining....and they have improved breathing and better respiratory effort..imagine we have finally found our Lung Cleaner....:thumb:[/quote]

Doc, thanks, I agree, smoked for 40 years, way too much, now vape all the time, all I wanna get now is your new TURBO;)

Zach

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Detroit, Michigan, USA
:shock: whoa, Big Bro..I did not know about this....hope you'll be okay...
Take care of yourself ..you got me worried now....:(

I have subjected myself to 4 intensive Chest X-rays and repeated blood test....getting better everyday...much less fatigue compares to those smoky days...my patients also do the repeated chest x-rays..all clear so far(I fear the frequent radiation could have done more damage than e-smoking itself....:D)

COAD patients have known to benefit from E-smoking ..and I believe so far the only possible method to remove the Tar physically from our (years of smoking) lungs is by e-smoking....my COAD patients cough out a lot of black and greyish phlegm for the first 3 weeks of initial exposure to e-vapours...I have sent some for analysis and they shown to be actually Tar(not blood as I first suspected) and some necrosed cells/epithelial cells from the lungs lining....and they have improved breathing and better respiratory effort..imagine we have finally found our Lung Cleaner....:thumb:

I'm sorry to quote this whole post but this is exactly what i am looking for (except instead of with patients it's personal experience). Dr, i am not ashamed to say i pay very close attention to your posts.

I haven't noticed any black or greyish phlegm, i have been checking what color it is. Thanks so much Dr. Loi.

edit: also bob, glad you are doing well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread