Has anyone boiled the new premium cartos yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
I just took off the white caps to 15 of the premium cartos and every single one of them broke off in the carto. The only one that came out properly was the watermelon but its a soft white cap that i really, really like.

after pulling , tweezing, scraping, a bent screwdriver and lots of elbow grease there is still some of the white cap still stuck to the cartos.

Has anyone boiled them in this condition? Im wondering if this might melt in that process?

Anyone?

lonercom

ECF Veteran
Did manage to save a few caps but mostly shredded them. Refilled them and they worked great. Still kind of hot.

After the last cleaning session I wasn't looking forward to blowing through another hundred cartos when I got an idea... I used to drive cargo vans over the road and slept on an air mattress. I found the blower that I used for inflating, plugged it in and fired it up.

After holding the cartsos up to the hose for about 10 seconds, the they were dry and fluffy. The test one took way more than 30 drops and vaped perfectly.

I also bought some 801 and 901 blanks... $3.00 for 5 and have put them on the cleaned cartos. No more burned lips and I can hold the smaller batts. with my teeth while driving. That also seems to resolve the damaged cap issue with the premiums.

dreamchildwest

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I have had a problem removing the caps on the new carts also. Out of five I have attempted to refill so far, only one cap popped right off. The others broke off leaving a white ring around the mouth end that makes it impossible to insert the o-ring and a new cap. The cap that did pop right up was great! It's a combination 0-ring and white plastic cap in one. (This is very convenient. No more searching for the clear ring on the floor.) Perhaps I will be able to refill these new carts on my next order? This must be a case of what I believe we call "working out the kinks?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread