Has anyone else here started vaping because they had cancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eranda13

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Bethlehem, PA
I started when I found a white spot on the underside of my tongue, before I even knew that it was cancer. I wasn't 100% successful though until the biopsy came back malignant. I have not even held an analog since that day. Last one I smoked was the one at home before I left for the oral surgeon's office that morning.

I just knew at that point that I couldn't take the worrying of smoking anymore. I constantly worried about getting cancer BUT I kept smoking. Stupid, I know. I thought about how wonderful it would be to be able to stop worrying.

It took a cancer diagnosis to finally get me off cigs, believe it or not. Anyone else need that lightning bolt that knocked you off your horse?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Rather ironic in hindsight, but the week I purchased my first e-cig, a disposable njoy from a convenience store, was the same week my mother was diagnosed with cancer. A few days later the family found out that it was too advanced to treat and a couple of days after that she passed away relatively peacefully, bless her soul, at age 84.

Having failed numerous times with Nicorette gum, the Patch, Wellbutrin, hypnosis twice, I found the e-cigarettes to be quite satisfying, and I purchased my first kit of rechargeables not long after her death. Her dying of cancer kind of hit home at just how mortal I am and I needed this to motivate me to finally quit tobacco once and for all.

Within a week of a planned regimen of using both e-cigs and tobacco, I have successfully kicked tobacco altogether for a full 1.5 years. The only tobacco I've had in that time was smoking some hookah with my son, daughter, and her boyfriend as a social family nite out on Father's Day. (Yeah, they tell me I'm a pretty hip Dad at age 59 to still be going to rock concerts and be smoking hookah.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread