Has anyone else tried the New Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC? Your thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
I really want to get one of these to pair with the MVP 20W I ordered yesterday($32 shipped, talk about a deal!) but I'm still kind of on the fence. Everything about this tank sounds great, especially the stainless steel replacements for the glass I've seen, but from what I've read in this thread and elsewhere, the QC on the coils seems very unreliable. I've also read about a lot of leaking issues, but to me that almost seems like most cases were either the fault of the user or were at least easy to fix by the user. I've also heard that this thing goes through juice much quicker, which I'm not too keen on either.

To me it almost seems like this tank is more for people who are intermediate-advanced mod/APV users, and not really for a beginner that's just switching from plain eGos to an APV. Thoughts on that?
I have no issue recommending the Nautilus family of tanks to a novice. I was still a novice vapor when I first tried the Nautilus Mini, and really I still am a novice compared to many on this forum ;) But for me just following a couple simple steps has made a huge difference in these tanks/coils.

When installing a new coil or after cleaning the tank, I always put a couple small drops of juice on the bottom seal before attaching the base. This really helps when trying to remove it the next time. Always checking to make sure the coil is tight when refilling the tank. I found that it can become loose when removing it because it screws into the chimney and that can cause leaking. And my last step is when I get gurgling. I turn my device upside down when it starts to gurgle and fire it a few times and that always clears it up. I noticed that Aspire posted this tip on their faq page, as well as the juice on the o-ring trick.

You'll never know until you get one and try it for your self. It could be a small investment for a great return. [emoji6]

shreduhsoreus

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Indianapolis
I have no issue recommending the Nautilus family of tanks to a novice. I was still a novice vapor when I first tried the Nautilus Mini, and really I still am a novice compared to many on this forum ;) But for me just following a couple simple steps has made a huge difference in these tanks/coils.

When installing a new coil or after cleaning the tank, I always put a couple small drops of juice on the bottom seal before attaching the base. This really helps when trying to remove it the next time. Always checking to make sure the coil is tight when refilling the tank. I found that it can become loose when removing it because it screws into the chimney and that can cause leaking. And my last step is when I get gurgling. I turn my device upside down when it starts to gurgle and fire it a few times and that always clears it up. I noticed that Aspire posted this tip on their faq page, as well as the juice on the o-ring trick.

You'll never know until you get one and try it for your self. It could be a small investment for a great return. [emoji6]

Thanks for the advice! I would say I'm "intermediate" when it comes to basic eGo style setups, but a total noob with anything more complex than that. I've always been meticulous about keeping everything that's supposed to be wet, wet and everything that's supposed to be dry, dry, so maybe I won't have any issues getting used to it after all.

I think I'll just suck it up and get one. It's not like they're super expensive so if it doesn't work out for me it's not like I wasted a ton of money.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I had pretty much given up on clearomizers and moved to RDAs only, having started with top coil CE4s then moving on to top coil Vivi Novas. Which I really liked but way to often had some type of leaking and gurgling problems.

I tried the BDC coils by Aspire and had an ET-S and a Vivi Nova but the flavor was horrible (for me), though they did not leak or gurgle like top coils.

So I set them all aside and invested in RDAs (magma, little boy, vulcan, TOBH and tugboat). Absolutely love my RDAs and the flavor and vapor, as well as being able to build my own coils. Also have Kayfuns but they are more hassle than an RDA and bang wasn't there for me.

All that to say I read some reviews on the BVC Aspire coils and decided to order a package that fit the ET-S and Vivi Nova.

So glad I did... an excellent vape and the flavor is exceptional!

Now I have a lot more options if I decide I want to load up a tank for on the go. And my only investment so far was a pack of coils to use in clearos I already had. I may invest in a Nautilus tank in future but just digging this for now.

I'm running 100% VG juice (Opensource RY4) on a DNA mod (Solara) at 14 watts. I did drill out the airholes on both Vivi and ETS for more airflow. Tasty :)

Last edited:

George Ogilvie

Nov 1, 2014
Greenwich, CT
Thanks for the advice! I would say I'm "intermediate" when it comes to basic eGo style setups, but a total noob with anything more complex than that. I've always been meticulous about keeping everything that's supposed to be wet, wet and everything that's supposed to be dry, dry, so maybe I won't have any issues getting used to it after all.

I think I'll just suck it up and get one. It's not like they're super expensive so if it doesn't work out for me it's not like I wasted a ton of money.

I've had mine for a little over a week and just ordered 2 more. Gave away my Kanger tanks. Elev8 Vape has them for $22 plus 15% off on your complete order coupon "jan15". I order from them since I get my stuff in 2 days since I'm that close.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
If any of you set your top on the table or counter when filling, changing coil or whatever and you get nervous about knocking it over and spilling juice, the Kaykork works great as a little stand for it. It was made for rebuildables so people wouldn't have to drain their juice before working on their builds but it works for any 510 topper. It comes with 2 o rings (1 for a spare) but you don't have to put a o ring on it. If you want to use the o ring so you can pick it up and it stays attached or the little bit of juice that sometimes drips down the chimney doesn't drip out, just know it doesn't quite fit at first. I put it on and used a topper without a tank to force it on and worked it off and on a few times and now it fits like a charm.
Kaykork | Kayfun | Russian | RBA | E juice | E liquid

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I really want to get one of these to pair with the MVP 20W I ordered yesterday($32 shipped, talk about a deal!) but I'm still kind of on the fence. Everything about this tank sounds great, I've also heard that this thing goes through juice much quicker, which I'm not too keen on either.

I think the BVC coils may go through juice more quickly because of the large amount of vapor they produce.

For me...it's well worth the "extra" amount of juice. After trying multiple Clearomizers and CartoTanks the Nauty's with the BVC's were the first topper to give me the amount of smoke that I had become accustomed to with my (previous) analogs. :vapor:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I think the BVC coils may go through juice more quickly because of the large amount of vapor they produce.

For me...it's well worth the "extra" amount of juice. After trying multiple Clearomizers and CartoTanks the Nauty's with the BVC's were the first topper to give me the amount of smoke that I had become accustomed to with my (previous) analogs. :vapor:

I couldn't agree more. If the tradeoff is using less juice, but having subpar flavor, I'll buy more juice, use my BVC's and have fantastic flavor and vapor.

shreduhsoreus

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Indianapolis
I've had mine for a little over a week and just ordered 2 more. Gave away my Kanger tanks. Elev8 Vape has them for $22 plus 15% off on your complete order coupon "jan15". I order from them since I get my stuff in 2 days since I'm that close.

Wow that's a better deal than where I was going to get it, thanks a lot!

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
I got a problem that I need help with.

I got a new Nautilus Mini tank which is authentic with a 1.8 BVC and was giving me grief. I couldnt get it to stop flooding and gurgling. I've taken it apart and cleaned it many times. I tried every suggestions in this forum. I filled it to the full 2mL, tried putting the bottom back on with air holes shut and open, tightened the coils and bottom housing better or less tight, took slow inhales, dry hits, flicking, blowing out with the battery on and off, shaking the housing to remove excess liquid....you name it...I even primed the coils as suggested on one of the threads here.

I finally read somewhere that the top O-Ring can be installed wrong. I looked....AND URIKA! The inverted holes were facing down instead of the smooth side. SO, I preceeded to try and remove the o-ring to flip it....

NOW, I have another problem. The ring was almost impossible to get out. In my many attempts I accidently punctured through one of the inverted holes. Now that the top O-Ring is out, I put a tiny dot of crazy glue on the smooth side to seal the tiny puncture hole. Is that going to be bad for me? Is there a way to replace the O-Ring?

I dont know if this will fix my flooding problem, but now I have to deal with this one :(

Guzz

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Tempe, AZ
First, you can get replacement parts for the mini from Aspire (Aspire Nautilus Mini accessories [8241) which includes the gaskets, from $1-$9 (depending on the part). The bad part is the shipping costs. So, it is recommended that you add other things to the cart (coils, hollowed out sleeve upper, etc.) to make the shipping cost bearable.

Personally, I would recommend coils at a minimum. That way you know for sure that you are getting genuine. Also, mix in 1.6, or 1.8 ohm coils. You might find the 1.6's work better for your particular juice (for some reason my local shops won't carry the 1.6's).

Right now you can get 8% off your entire order if you "Like" their Facebook page, or twitter page. You missed their holiday discounts (some people got lucky with 50% off, not me though... missed the shopping window time frame).

Also, if the liquid is going around the coil through the threads, you might have gotten a clone tank :( There have been reports of this issue, and they were traced to being a clone base that wasn't machined properly, but the packaging was darn near perfect copy, including the scratch code (but they missed something else that helped Aspire determine it was a copy).

Last edited:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I got a problem that I need help with.

I got a new Nautilus Mini tank which is authentic with a 1.8 BVC and was giving me grief. I couldnt get it to stop flooding and gurgling. I've taken it apart and cleaned it many times. I tried every suggestions in this forum. I filled it to the full 2mL, tried putting the bottom back on with air holes shut and open, tightened the coils and bottom housing better or less tight, took slow inhales, dry hits, flicking, blowing out with the battery on and off, shaking the housing to remove excess liquid....you name it...I even primed the coils as suggested on one of the threads here.

I finally read somewhere that the top O-Ring can be installed wrong. I looked....AND URIKA! The inverted holes were facing down instead of the smooth side. SO, I preceeded to try and remove the o-ring to flip it....

NOW, I have another problem. The ring was almost impossible to get out. In my many attempts I accidently punctured through one of the inverted holes. Now that the top O-Ring is out, I put a tiny dot of crazy glue on the smooth side to seal the tiny puncture hole. Is that going to be bad for me? Is there a way to replace the O-Ring?

I dont know if this will fix my flooding problem, but now I have to deal with this one :(

How long have you had your mini and who did you purchase it from? If it was a recent purchase, it would have been wise to contact whoever you bought it from and get an exchange. You shouldn't have had the problems you did, but then you may have voided your warranty when you damaged the hole. But I'd still contact the seller and explain the issues you've experience and be honest about what you did.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I wouldn't vape super glue...

You can get a whole new tank for $22 and have spare parts if you get impatient and over anxious again...

Electronic Cigarette - Best Electronic Cigarette - Vapor Cigarette Buy the Best Aspire Nautilus Mini (BVC) - Genuine from www.evape.us

But yeah, I hear ya. While I don't think it's difficult to remove the seals, it can be easy to tear/puncture them. I've only removed them when it looked a little dark underneath and that's rare because I soak the parts in Everclear between flavors. When I have removed them, I wore a cheap plastic jeweler's visor so I could see what I was doing. I used a super tiny flat jeweler's screwdriver. I started at the outside edge and very slowly and carefully kept working my way around until it separated from the metal enough to remove.

I use 5 Nautilus' and since converting to the BVC's haven't had any problems and am in care/trouble free vaping utopia. I hope you get it figured out.

Last edited:
FINALLY (after well over a week of waiting) got my Nautilus Mini in the mail and slapped that bad boy on my iStick. I have to say, going from Aerotanks, Genitanks, Protanks, this thing not only sexy looking but vapes very well. I almost wish it had a little bit more options for air draw but I'm certainly not complaining. I've already gone through a couple ml of juice and look forward to the next flavor this Nautilus brings to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread