• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Has anyone go real sick from Marlboro juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sellaman

ECF Veteran
I got my first e-cig kit yesterday and after charging the battery , I has my first vaping experience.

I vaped Marlboro juice and it tasted like sickly sweet pipe tobacco. I had to stop after 10 puffs and then I started to get real sick. It was more like a spaced out feeling and it also effected my mind. It was very hard to concentrate. After about 5 hours the effect wore off and I had a very poor sleep that night.

Maybe there was some poison in the vaporizer or in the juice. Needless to say , I'm not going to vape that Marlboro juice again and ordered some coffee juice. I'm a bit afraid that it will bomb me out as well.

Any thoughts?
Thanks.

kalvinf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Hamilton Canada
I had a similar experience with a winston juice - it was very sweet and gave me stomach problems whenever I vaped it. It was a VG based juice. But I've tried many other juices which have vaped Ok.

There are some sub-forums on ECF (Health and Medical Issues) that post threads about various reactions to vaping and juice that you may find helpful as well.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Need more info:

How much have you been smoking up to this point? Still smoking? Or had you quit the analogs completely before the vaping experience?

Do you know what strength nicotine you were vaping?

Do you know if it was PG or VG based juice? Or a PG/VG blend?

Just trying to narrow down what you may have been reacting to. If it was specifically that juice, possibly a bad reaction to PG in general, or something else - too much nicotine etc.

Rick

Sellaman

ECF Veteran
Rickajho.......... I'm still smoking and I smoke about 10 smokes a day for the past 35 years.
I ordered Marlboro non-nicotine juice and it came in 5 cartridges and 2 bottles.
It does not give any information on the bottle except for (Flavor: Marl) and (Density; None)....made in China....10ml.

What does Density mean?

I would have expected to have more information on the juice bottle!
It makes me suspect that there is something wrong with the juice.

When I first took my first vape on it , I was using the pre-filled cartridge, which suppose to be Marlboro non-nicotine juice. I emptied the juice out of the cartridge because it tasted so bad and replaced it with more fresh juice from the bottle of Marlboro non-nicotine juice, and had a few more vapes. It still tasted foul because I think the old juice was still in the atomizer and hadn't suck through the new juice yet.

How many vapes does it take to clear the atomizer of the old juice before the new juice come through?

Thanks.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Rickajho.......... I'm still smoking and I smoke about 10 smokes a day for the past 35 years.
I ordered Marlboro non-nicotine juice and it came in 5 cartridges and 2 bottles.
It does not give any information on the bottle except for (Flavor: Marl) and (Density; None)....made in China....10ml.

What does Density mean?

I would have expected to have more information on the juice bottle!
It makes me suspect that there is something wrong with the juice.

When I first took my first vape on it , I was using the pre-filled cartridge, which suppose to be Marlboro non-nicotine juice. I emptied the juice out of the cartridge because it tasted so bad and replaced it with more fresh juice from the bottle of Marlboro non-nicotine juice, and had a few more vapes. It still tasted foul because I think the old juice was still in the atomizer and hadn't suck through the new juice yet.

How many vapes does it take to clear the atomizer of the old juice before the new juice come through?

Thanks.

Jeez, I don't know what to make of that description. I have to ask, since I'm only slightly aware of the Aussie e-cig law issues, where did you order this stuff from?

The reason I'm asking that is because I use the Boge a.k.a. Dekang China manufactured version of Marlboro - at 16 and 26 mg nicotine levels - and I've never had any problems with it. Despite Boge/Dekang liquids getting knocked by some folks on ecf - more for the flavors than anything else - it's my understanding they are still a quality manufacturer.

On the other hand, the discount places like DealExtreme, Alibaba etc. have Chinese "tar oils" as they call them and I have no idea who makes them - they aren't in Boge/Dekang bottles - and I'd be too scared to even think of ordering e-liquids from a place like that.

If you had a real Boge/Dekang juice it would have the letters YNDK impressed into the side of a childproof cap. If you don't...?

They never use the word "density" on their bottles either. I can only surmise that by "(Density; None)" they mean 0 mg nicotine. Other manufacturer's just spell it out.

Rinse everything. Take the filler out of the carts and rinse both the carts and filler through plenty of hot water. A paper clip helps you get the filler out and poke it back in. Clothes pin works great for holding onto attys and carts to hold them under a stream of hot water. Use a small strainer to hold the cart filler material so those tiny pieces don't get away from you when rinsing. If you used it that little you should be ok just rinsing out the atty with plenty of hot water but do it several times. If you want to clean it even more - safely - see here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-maintenance/177570-novel-way-clean-atty.html

The Ozzie forum is here:

Australia Forum

Start asking away about how to get what from where.

There is that small possibility you have an allergy issue with PG. I do. We don't really know what was in that stuff you ordered, but it's far more likely it was PG based rather than 100% VG. It's something to be aware of, but this first stuff you got may have been dicey at best and I can't tell if it was a bad reaction to PG or not. Kalvinf pointed you in the right direction if you want to research that question further. If you have a problem with PG the solution is just to get juices that are 100% VG.

HTH

Rick

It also could be the issue that all new atomisers contain a protective coating of some kind and many people experience a foul taste and or headaches or other symptoms on their first vape with a new device. In many instances, people report having to run a whole cartridge of juice through the atomiser in order to remove this coating.

There isn't a real mention of the nic level being vaped.
Considering you smoke only 10 cigs a day , it could be likely the nic level is off (probably high, and you may have gotten nausea and even head spins, as well as headaches).
But the others have brought up other issues as well that could be an issue.

You need more specifics.

Don't give it up. This is light years, a better option than smoking, and once the balance is right, you won't regret vaping.

Sellaman

ECF Veteran
Don't give it up. This is light years, a better option than smoking, and once the balance is right, you won't regret vaping.
I'm so glad I found this great friendly forum. I won't give up but I was tempted to when I got such a bad reaction to my first ever vaping experience.

A big thank you to all that have replied to my problem, and now I have to go through all your replies to try and figure out what to do, and try to answer all the questions put to me.

The first thing I have to do , I think, is to never use the juices that I have that came with my starter kit.....and order some new juices....so can someone direct me to a good place to order juices from!

I'm thinking about ordering juices from Freedom Smoke USA

I'm also thinking about ordering juices that have differnet levels of PG and VG in them so I can experiment to see which one works well for me.... and get juices that have 0 nic in them. Anyhow , I'm not allowed to have nic in them because nic juice is illegal in Queensland Australia.

I use Johnson Creek juices, mainly for their pipe like tobacco flavors, but most will say it's horrible or an acquired taste I guess.
They do make a line of VG called the "Red Oak" series. I think for $19.00 you get a mess of 5ml bottles with their flavors (testers )
Excellent company and very professional. Packaging and immediate delivery is also phenomenal .

On a side note, I have been mixing some to a 50/50 pg/vg mix and using their pipe flavor with a marlboro knockoff froma differing company (Dekang)

Pork Roast

Last edited:

Sellaman

ECF Veteran
where did you order this stuff from?

just rinsing out the atty with plenty of hot water but do it several times. If you want to clean it even more - safely - see here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-maintenance/177570-novel-way-clean-atty.html

There is that small possibility you have an allergy issue with PG. I do. We don't really know what was in that stuff you ordered, but it's far more likely it was PG based rather than 100% VG. If you have a problem with PG the solution is just to get juices that are 100% VG.

I ordered my The EGO-TANK Ultimate Pack from here.

Just for now I will use the other atty I got with the kit which has not been used ...or I might also try and wash the atty which I used with hot water only.

I don't know if the juice I used was PG based or VG based so I will order some juices from somewhere I can trust and get juices with 100%VG and 100%PG base and try them.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Oh sella! I was just going to check with you to see how your first ecig was. But don't give up. Remember I mentioned it may take a bit to find the flavor that really works for you but you will :)

Edit- When I first started vaping I found many flavors that were too sweet and would make my stomach sick so hang in there!

Sellaman

ECF Veteran
When I first started vaping I found many flavors that were too sweet and would make my stomach sick so hang in there!
Thanks salemgold for checking up on me. Can you tell me where you get your juice from and what blend you use and also so I don't get over sweet juice?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
The vendor that I posted above has 0 mg and they have no added junk like sweeteners that you don't need. I like most of their fruit flavors and the Purecig is closest to a cig that I hav tried. Great price if you order before sale ends :) I have heard it takes about 2 weeks to get to your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread