Has anyone had ego/tornado battery problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonlowe

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
East tx
I got my tornado less than two weeks ago,today I was using it when it suddenly started poring vapor out of it, it was like the button was stuck,but it wasn't. The light on the button was not on. I just sent it in for replacement,it's going to be hard for me to make it on one battery for a few weeks.has n e 1 had similar problems?

mikes

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 23, 2009
NH
www.mikeusa.com
I bought two janty egos. After a two weeks one of the atomizers died.

I put in a ticked and janty had a new one to me in a week.

About two weeks later the second atomizer was only producing half the normal vapor.

So, I just replaced that atomizer with a joye 510 atomizer and I have been good to go.

But, I did not buy this item for the atomizers it was for the batteries which I have not had a problem with...Getting around 12 hours per battery...8-o

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
I spoke too soon :( I had the button stick "ON" today. It happened a couple of times. The light was on though. It happened when I pushed the button to draw... and it stayed on.

I took it apart and pushed the button down a bunch of times - hoping maybe it was random...

It's in the charger now. I'll swap it out in a bit and if it happens again I'll contact TW and figure out how they handle replacements for defective parts :(

override

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2009
Danbury, TX
Sounds to me like these batteries might be hit and miss and could end up being a poor design that was not well thought out. I have not used one or ordered one yet but I was planning on possibly picking one up.

I have had M401 manuals do this to me as well....Glow batteries as I have heard them called. Had some that lasted a month and others that lasted as little as a week.

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
I also had one battery stick twice this morning. A few hours later I tried to make it stick and couldn't. No proplems since - all systems go.

Good to know Slighter, thanks. I'm hoping it was a random thing for me too. After reading that yours is fine, I'm going to swap mine out now and see if it happens again.

I've had my eGo for a month. Yesterday, both batteries died within hours of each other. I put them on the charger but the red light wouldn't come on--just the green light stayed on. I use this as my main vape and the batteries have probably been charged 20 times each. It seems pretty weird both batts died at nearly the same time, so I may have a charger problem. Ordered 2 new batts and 2 chargers from Janty yesterday, and I have an e-mail in to customer service about this. I was getting great battery life until the last couple of days...up to 17 hours of near chain vaping, with the average being 8-12 hours. I have also had the switches stick on me several times, but once unstuck, they worked fine. As soon as they stuck, I would unscrew the atty. I really like the eGo, but I'm certainly not going to pay $100 bucks a month for batteries. We'll see what they say.

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
wow shortwing - that's not good :( Both totally dying at the same time - may mean it's the charger and not the batteries?

Are you using the "fast usb" charger?

I hope you figure out the problem and can get remedy from the supplier.

I vaped on the same battery for hrrm... 6+ hours last night, went to sleep - woke up and I am still vaping on the same battery. Very nice, especially since I was so used to the 45 minute battery swap dance I'd been doing with the standard 510 batteries.

What amazes me is that there is NO decline in performance. I'm trying to vape this battery dead and it's still giving me amazing vapor production.

I haven't had the "sticky" ON switch problem since I reported it last night. I've been using the battery that "stuck ON" since last night, no problems so far.

Hopefully, it was a random occurrence and won't become an issue.

Good luck shortwing - please keep posting about how you resolve the problem? I'd be interested in learning how it got resolved :)

Remie, I'll let you know the outcome. I'm using the wall charger that came with the unit. I've had button sticks maybe 5 or 6 times so far. That's just an estimation since I never thought to count them. I agree with you about battery life--this thing has been great so far except the last couple of days. I took the charger apart and cleaned it w/electrical contact cleaner, and cleaned out the battery threads really well. No change. They still won't charge, or hold a charge, can't figure out which. They're supposed to get 200 charges before dying. I haven't got 10% of that yet. I'm not trying to bash this product, because I really like it when it's working. It's my main vape. I'm just disappointed. If I did something neglectful in the care and maintenance, I can accept that. I thought I did everything by the instructions, though.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Shortwing...it may be a charger problem...I think it was stubear on here that had a charger issue where the thing holding the charger post in place inside of the charger came loose..so it was turning inside the housing so it wasn't letting him screw the batteries on all the way to get it to engage the charging mode..
Not saying that this is your problem..just relating the one problem I heard that might help explain the issue...

EDIT: button sticking..little bits of crud and skin can get down between the button and batter housing and causing that...normally when I clean out the battery threads every couple of days I try to clean that out too..I've a little dental pick that I go around the button with and then give it a quick shot of compressed air..and I've had no button sticking problems..

Last edited:

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
Great suggestion Drozd, thanks - I'll be sure to be aware of that and do it regularly.

Shortwing - how frustrating :( I've only had mine since Friday, but it's now my main vape as well. The batteries shouldn't just die after one month - I doubt it was anything you did or didn't do. It makes me sad that we're so quick to blame problems on ourselves, or user-error ... I'd like to continue to believe that we (as a community) are not daft. It doesn't take quantum physics to gain an understanding of how these products work - they just aren't all that complicated.
I'd be very disappointed. I'm disappointed for you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread