Has anyone noticed the cisco 306's quality decline lately??

Status
Not open for further replies.

austin.deejay

Verified Member
May 24, 2011
Austin, TX
www.k5hdm.com
When I got into the vaping game the 1st 2 atty's i got were 2 1.5 306's from cisco.. i still have the original 2... since then (on other orders) I have had 2 1.5's pop on a ego for no reason after about 1/2 day's use on BOTH and I have a 1.5 that reads out at 2.3-4 ohms and a 2.0 that reads around 1.4.. What is going on? whoever he hired or whatever he did as of late ruined his name in my opinion.. With that said, the 1.5 that does 2.3-4 is my favorite atty.. Has anyone else noticed things like this lately?

-DJ

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
Well I haven't had any pop on me, but I have noticed a size problem. Some of the ones I ordered are too narrow to fit in any of my tips. I have a XL 306 drip tip from Cisco, and it just slid around. One wouldn't screw in to my provari, but does just fine on the Icon. And the fact that they all meter out to 1.6 on the provari, same as the joye or any other LR 306 that I have, never 1.5. Perhaps I am missing something?

sfkid

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
San Francisco
When I got into the vaping game the 1st 2 atty's i got were 2 1.5 306's from cisco.. i still have the original 2... since then (on other orders) I have had 2 1.5's pop on a ego for no reason after about 1/2 day's use on BOTH and I have a 1.5 that reads out at 2.3-4 ohms and a 2.0 that reads around 1.4.. What is going on? whoever he hired or whatever he did as of late ruined his name in my opinion.. With that said, the 1.5 that does 2.3-4 is my favorite atty.. Has anyone else noticed things like this lately?

-DJ

I have LR 306 from Bauway and Joye that last 10x over the Cisco's.

The cisco attys lasted me about 2 weeks and then just poped.

The other cheaper attys still going strong.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
I've been having so many problems here lately, that I'm just about to give up on attys all together. I've lost at least 10 in the last two months, some cisco and ikens. Just not cost efficient if I can't get at least a month out of one. I still have attys that are over a year old that I stopped using as all the new cartomizers came out and I started experimenting with those. The last few months have been nothing but bottomfeeders and I just can't keep the attys alive.

So I'm back to my old order of dual coil cartos. It's much nicer to have one of those pop that I paid .60 cents for from smoktech vs the 7.99 atty I just got from cisco or iken. Quality is going downhill as more and more people keep buying from these two guys. I've got a GLV3 that I ordered over 7 weeks ago, if it ever gets here I think I'm just gonna sell it and stick to a VV mod with no amp cuttoff point and dual coil cartos.

lnfound

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
MA
I've decided to head away from Cisco as of yesterday. I purchased a 2 1.5 306's+a V2 drip tip about a month ago. This was my second set of these, the first were great but were just getting weak. Also my first drip tip was a V1 and cracked.

BOTH of these atomizers literally split in half from the connection end to the upper half exposing the wired inside. I know for a fact it was not because of anything I had done as the first one split within the first 10 minutes of use as I was unscrewing it, the other fell apart this morning. The second one is still working but falls apart every few minutes, first one I can't even get to close back up.

I sent a support ticket asking whether this was a bad batch and if perhaps a replacement was in order 3 weeks ago, I've yet to hear a single reply or acknowledgement of my complaint. It's one thing for an atty to die out, which I have yet to actually happen on me with any atty, just weaken in vapor production, etc, but to completely fall apart is not something I expected from a "high end" atty.

Fairly disappointed since the first set was a complete game changer for me compared to a previous cheap 1.8 510 I was using. I decided to order the Ciscos soon as I picked up a Reo and it was amazing. I may give the Cisco 510's a try since I have been missing having any flavor from the juice lately and hope these don't fall apart on me.

Last edited:

squirrel64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Va Skyline Drive Shenandoah River
I haven't touched my ciscos since starting with the dual coils. Getting ready to try a few new juices so I'll break one of my old ones out. But I also noticed that out of the last five I ordered only one , maybe two really put out nice vapor and flavor. Surprised someone hasn't come up with with another way to vaporize juices. Commercially speaking

lnfound

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
MA
I haven't touched my ciscos since starting with the dual coils. Getting ready to try a few new juices so I'll break one of my old ones out. But I also noticed that out of the last five I ordered only one , maybe two really put out nice vapor and flavor. Surprised someone hasn't come up with with another way to vaporize juices. Commercially speaking

Might try those next. Unfortunately I wasn't a big fan of IKV, the atty was great but I've really enjoyed 1.5ohms and not sure if I want to step back to 1.8 since I'm limited to 3.7V. Cisco was great with my first try, this last one really ruined it for me though.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
This upsets me to hear this. I loved the last Cisco LR 1.5 I used. (on my Old Goat without catch cup). It lasted 3 months and I never "maintained" it. I need/want to purchase more, but am now leary. I'm using some Joye LR 1.5's right now and they last maybe 5 days with me and I can't afford that even at the bulk prices. Oh please please, somebody, please come in and say that Cisco is back up to par and all is well in Cisco land once again.

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I had that same is with the 1.5 ciscos, I recently bought the 2.5 and 3.0 ohm ones from avid vapor for use on my Provari and they rock anywhere from 4.6 to 5.5 volts and are going strong after 3 weeks of hard, daily use with no significant drop in ohm rating on my Provari's ohm readout . Hope that helps :)

I get a better throat hit in the DCTs than from my cisco 306s, plus they're less fuss... imo dual coil tanks are the best add on out right now, especially for VV devices. But as we all know, a year from now, some other spectacular device will render the DCT obsolete

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread