Has anyone put their NT in the freezer for storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I'm in the process of planning my vape future out. We've got some wickedly harsh regulations going into affect July 1st here in Indiana. My plan involves stock piling NT liquids, half way to my mark now, and storing them in my deep freezer which I'm hoping will extend their shelf life. This is being done in case I end up having any trouble getting my mitts on more NT after July 1st. I do have plans to deal with that but this is my back up plan.

I'm going to guess that no one has done such a thing with mixed liquids but thought I'd ask on the off chance that I'd get lucky and someone who has will see this thread. I'll be putting the bottles into storage fully sealed to prevent any moisture issues and will be defrosting one bottle at a time for use. I'm hoping doing so doesn't damage the liquid in any way. I figure if bottles of nic can be stored like so it should be fine for premixes as well.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I'm in the process of planning my vape future out. We've got some wickedly harsh regulations going into affect July 1st here in Indiana. My plan involves stock piling NT liquids, half way to my mark now, and storing them in my deep freezer which I'm hoping will extend their shelf life. This is being done in case I end up having any trouble getting my mitts on more NT after July 1st. I do have plans to deal with that but this is my back up plan.

I'm going to guess that no one has done such a thing with mixed liquids but thought I'd ask on the off chance that I'd get lucky and someone who has will see this thread. I'll be putting the bottles into storage fully sealed to prevent any moisture issues and will be defrosting one bottle at a time for use. I'm hoping doing so doesn't damage the liquid in any way. I figure if bottles of nic can be stored like so it should be fine for premixes as well.

Noooo! Freezing liquid will ruin it! Will add more when I am in front of the computer!!

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Don't freeze flavored liquids. Some might survive, but the odds are against it. Nic base belongs in the freezer section, but flavored should be in the cool, dark part of the refrigerator. For real long storage, glass is better than plastic.

ETA: Refrigerators are dark by their very nature.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Thanks Nermal! All my liquids are in a cabinet in my basement, in glass, nice and dark and cool. My fridge is out of the question as far as storage goes, to many kids that would have access. I was hoping my idea for freezing liquids would help with looooong term storage, like a few years, just in case things get really bad here. I'm so bummed now.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Thanks Nermal! All my liquids are in a cabinet in my basement, in glass, nice and dark and cool. My fridge is out of the question as far as storage goes, to many kids that would have access. I was hoping my idea for freezing liquids would help with looooong term storage, like a few years, just in case things get really bad here. I'm so bummed now.

You don't have to do more than you are presently... Our liquid will stand the test of time in those amber brown bottles. Keep em cool, around 62-65 degrees is best in my humble opinion. Shake as often as you can!

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Thanks Kent! I've got about six or so bottles of some other vendor juices already in the freezer, I'll have to get them out and see how they've faired since it's been about three months or so. I'm so glad I asked, this could have turned out really bad for me.

DarkfireAnn

Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Planet Earth
I just put up a box of 50 bottles in a nice dark cool closet. I have two bottles of flavors from another vendor in my freezer but these were meant for it. I have 2 liters of 100ML/MG in the freeze and plan to buy two more and a few gallons of PG before this all plays out. NOT my Nico. Nico is in my apoc box. I need a new apoc box as I just ordered a 750ML bottle and then 600ML more from mothers day sales and might do my bogo for nicoticket finally. I can confirm a OVER two year old bottle of CB NEEDS to age MORE I just opened it and it's not quite that sexy amber it should be. after two years in questionable storage. Those amber bottles are the bomb so long as they are sealed. I found a 30ML of CB just hanging out within the 100 bottles I had and was like OMG what are you doing here dated from 2014, opened it and was like...seriously no shake and vape you need time? lol....

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
So just so I am clear! If the NT juice is in amber bottles and remain sealed, how long will they be good?
Undetermined...just started decanting some sealed amber bottles from DEC 2015 and the juice is clear as if I just got them in the mail.

ETA: my eyes are crap, had a look at the date again. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Does this also included the bottles with the dropper tops or just the sealed flat tops! I am never sure which tops will be on what juices!

Both - just as long as they are sealed!~

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
would you be able to sell your liquids in a concentrate? --just add 30/70 PG/VG + nic? ive been wondering about this for a very long time..

It's a possibility - I think the way the wording is in the FDA Deeming regulations pretty much buttons up anything that is "intended for vape use." Honestly, not sure I would go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread