Has anyone realy found a way to clean TV cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primalrib

Apr 12, 2010
Ohio
I've had my best luck so far with ce2 R4 Clearomizers (The Extra Large Ones). Buuut they require a daily cleaning/dry burning of the coil especially with sweetened juices and lots of VG, but one will last me 3+ weeks if I take care of it. They aren't the best to travel with, they break easy and can spill tons of liquid on you so they should never go in your pocket, they are mainly used for home vaping.

Just make sure you tape the ends because the tubes tend to crack where they go into the threading after so many times taking it off to clean.

Link: http://www.awesomevapor.com/Clearomizers-XL-for-510-and-eGo_p_228.html

Theirs allot of sites selling them. I had found one when I got mine that had multy colored ones. If i find it I'll post.

Last edited:

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well, someone is selling what they claim to be "Atomizer Flush". Michael of DigitalCiggz and I suspect from his findings that this is nothing more than PG and ethyl maltol. Not exactly a cleaner, but the excessive amount of EM may mute whatever flavor is in an atty/carto by layering a flavor of cotton candy over the top.

That's not really dealing with the problem.

I've found to date that only a solvent, in the form of drinking alcohol, will actually loosen up any gunk in things and do a more adequate job of "flushing out" any funk that may be in the mechanics. The higher the proof, the better. I don't suspect that people can get their hands on anything like we use, a 200 proof grain alcohol that we need a business license to acquire, but something in the 151 range, i.e. Everclear or Bacardi 151 would certainly do the trick.

I use a small dish, add the attys, booze and let it soak for a few hours, agitating it a few times during the course, draining, blowing out and drying them out for a good 24 hours before attempting to use them.

Cartos, just flush them out a few times, blow them out and let them dry overnight.

DO NOT use something that has a sugary/sweet quality to it, you'd just be ruining the atty/carto by adding sugar to the problem, and that will kill your mechanics.

brodymcd

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
I just so happen to have a bottle of everclear, so into the bath they go... I'll let them sit a while... maybe a day or so, and see where we go. I know I could just pitch 'em, but would like to know if this works so I can decide if it is worth doing long-term. Cartos cost $, everclear costs $, juice costs $... I guess in some ways it all comes out in the wash... THANKS all!

cleolove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2011
♥ Minnesota ♥
Speaking of it all coming out in the wash, I read on another forum that someone accidentally washed their Go-Go cartomizer and didn't find it til it had gone through the dryer. She said it worked fine, was clean as a whistle. I'm not sure this is a great idea, who knows how much clothes detergent was still in there. But maybe a washer full of everclear? lol

I've been experimenting with my ultra sonic jewelry cleaner, first with mouthwash, then alka seltzer, then 100 proof vodka, and I can honestly say that I haven't had any better results with this than I did just rinsing them out in super hot water several times (til the water runs clear) and letting them dry for a couple days. I think I've come to the conclusion that buying Boge 510s in bulk from China (to get a low price) is the way to go, then I can just toss them. I have enough things around the house that need to be cleaned!

And if you think about it .. even tossing them after one use is still cheaper than cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread