Has Anyone Researched Juice VS Atty Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
This is a subject, I don't recall seeing yet. Has anyone researched e-juice additives in regards to atomizer life?

I've been using a 50 / 50 cut with VG. It's quite thick, but vapes great.
I'm using Vanilla flavor. I found Vanilla extract which contains PG / VG / Alcohol. I cut a small bottle and the mixture is very thin. Vapes good, the flavor is good, and I'm having no problems right now.

Atty with thick fluid lasted about 1 month. Atty with the thin fluid has been going about a week now. I'm wondering if there will be a difference in overall life.

Anyone else keeping watch on this? Or maybe with different additives?

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey Jim,

Realistically, I think it comes down to the strength of the battery. If you have full power 100% of the time, it will burn through even the thickest of liquids (at least in my experience).

Once a battery starts to wain (roughly 20-30 minutes before going dead) or towards the end of its life, you are getting full power/heat, thus not all liquid is being vaporized. Therefore, unused liquid continues to build up, thus resulting in a shorter atomizer life span.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Hey Jim,

Realistically, I think it comes down to the strength of the battery. If you have full power 100% of the time, it will burn through even the thickest of liquids (at least in my experience).

Once a battery starts to wain (roughly 20-30 minutes before going dead) or towards the end of its life, you are getting full power/heat, thus not all liquid is being vaporized. Therefore, unused liquid continues to build up, thus resulting in a shorter atomizer life span.

That's something to keep in mind, but I'm using a passthrough. I pulled apart the burnt out atty with the thick juice, and It had the normal black scale build-up. I'm really curious to see if the thinner juice builds up the same, or if it takes longer or shorter time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread