Has Anyone Seen The Blu E-Cig TV Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
In what alternate universe would this occur?? The FDA, whose continued stated goal is to ban vaping, is our friend. The same FDA that was recently exposed for secretly spying on it's employees who were writing letters to congressmen about problems at the FDA. And yet, CASAA, the only non-profit group fighting for vapers, can't get enough people who vape to support their efforts. Why is that???? Maybe CASAA should stop all of it's efforts on our behalf. Maybe the FDA will keep us safe and warm.

The current universe where you can go into a store and buy either a pack of cigarettes or a bag of cut tobacco.

I find it interesting that you don't respond to the body of my reply. But, everyone is entitled to their wishful dreaming. I realize there are a few who believe that the FDA is looking out for vaper's interests and that they won't support CASAA, viewing it as a waste of time and money. I'm confident that ASH, ALA, AHA and the FDA hope more vapers think this way.

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
We live in the "golden age" of e-smoking with all the choices
available to us ... which allows all to find exactly what is our
"best fit" and what we like best keeps evolving.

I whole heartedly agree with this statement

Even if all the vendors united and got organized to fight for
"loose liquids" ... wouldn't make any difference. Loose liquids
just isn't going to be part of the e-smoking "mainstream" future.

Here I disagree, it would be unwise, and not commercially viable for Big Tobacco to do away with e-liquids. They recognise there is a market for this. They can see the profits they stand to gain for their shareholders.

So basically you are stating and agreeing that only being able to buy eliquid in sealed carts, with 2mg & 4mg nicotine strength (same as nic gum & patches) in tobacco flavor only is a good thing. You will be fine with that. That will push thousands back to smoking. Another big win for the tobacco companies.

No, wv2win, that is not what I am stating at all. I do not believe Big Tobacco will want to do this either. Here in the UK we are no longer permitted to see cigarettes in store, they have to be hidden from sight behind locked opaque screens/ doors. However, e-cigs are sitting quite happily in the view of children and adults alike on a shelf at my local supermarket. The strength of these ecigs varies anywhere from 8mg to 18mg, they are available in tobacco and Java flavours, with other flavours soon to be released.

One has to look at the commercial viability of a mass produced product. If one really wants e-cigs to become more mainstream and to surpass that of traditional tobacco products, one must recognise the issues and concerns with regards to safety and convenience in the 'main'. Whilst still giving the customer a wider range of choice of both flavour, and delivery systems.

Or, does "Loose Liquid" also include bottled liquid produced in a FDA regulated facility bought from a walk-in store ?

In what alternate universe would this occur?? The FDA, whose continued stated goal is to ban vaping, is our friend. The same FDA that was recently exposed for secretly spying on it's employees who were writing letters to congressmen about problems at the FDA. And yet, CASAA, the only non-profit group fighting for vapers, can't get enough people who vape to support their efforts. Why is that???? Maybe CASAA should stop all of it's efforts on our behalf. Maybe the FDA will keep us safe and warm.

If the FDA really wanted to ban Vaping and Vaping paraphernalia they would have done so already, irrespective of CASAA or anyone other action group for that matter.
The conundrum for them is a: How do legislate for a product they have in effect already sanctioned as fit for use, b: How to regulate such a product in interest and safety of the majority.

With regards to their stamp down on whistleblowers, that is an issue within all authorities the world over, In this respect, having Big Tobacco Lobbyists fighting in Vapers Corner albeit not within your exact aims and ideals may not be detrimental to the ultimate objective, which is having the ability to choose your method of vaping, with products that have passed some form of scrutiny and not on word and trust of someone's say so. There are already some unscrupulous vendors out there. Alot of the e-liquid business is wholly based on trust.

I must lastly state that the old adage: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I really do believe that having Big Tobacco on side will by far give us all greater choice and freedom than that of a Pharmaceutical company selling patches and gum at 2 and 4mg strengths.

Sorry about the format up there, but for some unfathomable reason I'm not permitted to format the text ???
23/07/2012 Additional: Apologies again, FireFox refuses to allow me to edit, hence the delay in formatting, much better? :)

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
f the FDA really wanted to ban Vaping and Vaping paraphernalia they would have done so already, irrespective of CASAA or anyone other action group for that matter.
With all due respect, you are missing a few years of history when forming your opinions.

The FDA has already tried to ban them but were stopped by the judicial branch...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ads-everything-relevant-njoy-vs-fda-case.html

They are now forced to turn to tobacco legislation to accomplish their goals...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-products-eliminate-many-most-companies.html

Their intentions have been made clear in their attempt to ban them...
And in their world-famous press release where they used misleading propaganda to try and turn the public against ecigs...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-regarding-fda-press-release-7-22-repost.html

The problem is that the FDA is not concerned about public health.
They are far more concerned with serving their master, which is Big Pharma.

The FDA wants electronic cigarettes to go away, because that is what their master wants.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
The problem is that the FDA is not concerned about public health.
They are far more concerned with serving their master, which is Big Pharma.

The FDA wants electronic cigarettes to go away, because that is what their master wants.
Yep ...
The FDA will do as they please ...
Pleasing BP (their employer) is priority #1

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
............If the FDA really wanted to ban Vaping and Vaping paraphernalia they would have done so already, irrespective of CASAA or anyone other action group for that matter.
The conundrum for them is a: How do legislate for a product they have in effect already sanctioned as fit for use, b: How to regulate such a product in interest and safety of the majority..............

Being as you are in the UK, you must not be aware of the FDA's actions and statements pertaining to vaping. They already went to court at both the initial federal level and then a second time at the appellate level asking the courts to ban vaping supplies nationwide. You really can't get more anti-vaping than that. Fortunately at both levels, judges appointed by President Bush ruled against the FDA.

In their public statements they have consistently stated that vaping is dangerours and should be banned with a good 10 years of study prior to any further introduction to this country. They also falsely claimed that eliquid has significant carcinogenetic substances in it.

There are some well known anti-smoking but pro-vaping advocates who have good relationships with mid to lower level personnel in the FDA who have revealed that the upper management in the FDA are intent on banning vaping if possible. A number of the mid to lower level managers don't agree with this approach but must do what the FDA tells them if they want to continue their employment.

I would suggest taking off those rose-colored glasses. I would also suggest going to the CASAA web site and reading the information they have gathered.

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
My Apologies for not brushing up on the FDA stance with regards to vaping.
I will also add that I have not read 'all' the documentation you have provided, I shall and I shall revert.

Based on the information you have provided me with (within the posts), all the more reason we should be more accepting of Big Tobacco stepping into the breach. After all, you have stated the fear should not be Big Tobacco involvement, rather Big Pharma.

Surely, on that basis Big Tobacco also packs a hefty punch.
It would seem to me perhaps in my own rose tinted, somewhat naive view of this world - stamping out what is essentially viewed as a 'cottage industry' would be far easier than having Big Tobacco involvement in the mix, who themselves have the means and funds and also carry weight with those in the 'echelons of power'.

It's early days yet, in my rose tinted, somewhat naive view of this world, one in which the Genie has escaped from the bottle and providing a flourishing industry, producing revenue and employment to large Chinese companies (who also I might add carry some weight with your government), to many small business owners the world over, which now has Big Tobacco manoeuvring into position, this Genie will not be easily banned.

As some have already stated, Profits and Taxes supersede any health concerns or the like. Once the numbers have been tallied and the penny drops to the millions Big Government stands to gain, I seriously doubt, Vaping will be prohibited.
Again, that is in my rose tinted, somewhat naive view of this world. ;)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
......Based on the information you have provided me with (within the posts), all the more reason we should be more accepting of Big Tobacco stepping into the breach. After all, you have stated the fear should not be Big Tobacco involvement, rather Big Pharma. ...............

You are correct that Big Pharm (and it's handmaidian the FDA) are the vaping communities biggest problem. And if Big Tobacco were to embrace the entire scope of the vaping community, they could be a good counter weight. But their predatory history, past deceits and most current statements do not support that outlook. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised. But the vaping communities only true friends are CASAA and those doctors and activists who support a "harm reduction" approach to smoking. Those are the groups that we ALL need to support openly and financially.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I wonder how they enforce this rule posted on their YouTube channel when the commercial is broadcast on television.

I think it is CYA more than anything else.

In a world where Anything you Do, Say or even Infer is Micro-Analyzed by Lawyers, I understand it.

Lava_Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
MA
Bottom line is this.... Commercials = advertising which leads more people to vaping which will lead to even more commercials etc.... Already there is an estimated 3 million former smokers that now vape ( in the USA ) one can only imagine that number will increase on a daily basis..

Simple math: 3 million x $5 ( average pack of cigs, which is honestly on the lowside ) =$15 million
$15 million x 365= $5.5 billion per year of untaxable money that the government is "losing out on"

Only 2 possible outcomes I can see are : a ban or all ecig related material being taxed ( and we all know the government will raise those taxes whenever and however they see fit when they feel they need too )

For that reason, I'm against this commercial

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Bottom line is this.... Commercials = advertising which leads more people to vaping which will lead to even more commercials etc.... Already there is an estimated 3 million former smokers that now vape ( in the USA ) one can only imagine that number will increase on a daily basis..

Simple math: 3 million x $5 ( average pack of cigs, which is honestly on the lowside ) =$15 million
$15 million x 365= $5.5 billion per year of untaxable money that the government is "losing out on"

Only 2 possible outcomes I can see are : a ban or all ecig related material being taxed ( and we all know the government will raise those taxes whenever and however they see fit when they feel they need too )

For that reason, I'm against this commercial

Why would you ever thing our Trusted Elected Officials would do such a thing?

El Monte joins Richmond, becomes second California city to propose soda tax - San Jose Mercury News

Let me tell you how it will be,
There’s one for you, nineteen for me,
‘Cause I’m the Taxman,
Yeah, I’m the Taxman.
Should five per cent appear too small,
Be thankful I don’t take it all.
‘Cause I’m the Taxman,
Yeah, I’m the Taxman.

(If you drive a car ), I’ll tax the street,
(If you try to sit ), I’ll tax your seat,
(If you get too cold ), I’ll tax the heat,
(If you take a walk ), I’ll tax your feet.
Taxman.

‘Cause I’m the Taxman,
Yeah, I’m the Taxman.
Don’t ask me what I want it for
(Haha! Mister Wilson!)
If you don’t want to pay some more
(Haha! Mister Heath!),
‘Cause I’m the Taxman,
Yeah, I’m the Taxman.

Now my advice for those who die, (Taxman!)
Declare the pennies on your eyes, (Taxman!)
‘Cause I’m the Taxman,
Yeah, I’m the Taxman.
And you’re working for no-one but me,
(Taxman).

The Beatles, Revolver, "Taxman", George Harrison, 1966

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread