Has Anyone Seen The Blu E-Cig TV Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Lmao. We're right in the same section of a thread about Totally Wicked causing a shutdown of a forum community, and you're calling me naive on what's "bad". When I say bad, I mean some real injustices. Either that, or companies who deliver broken products or don't deliver anything at all, and engaging in credit card fraud. There are so many worse things an unsuspecting customer can experience. I'm just trying to put it into perspective. Sure Blu has all the makings of a opportunistic mainstream affair, with inferior technologies that they aren't upfront on, but it's not a travesty. Go ahead and call me naive though. You obviously have an axe to grind. Get it out of your system. ;)

This isn't the UK. Free speech and intelligent thinking are still protected for the most part in this country, so that BS don't fly.

The only axe I have to grind is I want the vaping community to be presented in a positive light and for many more people to have the best products possible to transition away from a deadly addiction. Blu fails to a large degree in both of those areas. Anyone who does a minimum of research should not fall victim to the sites you are referring to. And those sites have little influence over the industry as a whole, unlike Blu.

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
There is no universal way of transitioning away from a deadly addiction. Blu helps a lot of people at the initial stages and even later, under certain circumstances, after they have moved to more robust products. Products that are grossly inferior do not last in the market place, and no one can say Blu hasn't lasted. But, on all forums, you will find those who fall back on the "we", "us", and "the vets" and take it upon themselves to speak for the community. I do agree that it is best for the vaping community to not refer to vaping as smoking, but perhaps as an alternative to smoking.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
There is no universal way of transitioning away from a deadly addiction. Blu helps a lot of people at the initial stages and even later, under certain circumstances, after they have moved to more robust products. Products that are grossly inferior do not last in the market place, and no one can say Blu hasn't lasted. But, on all forums, you will find those who fall back on the "we", "us", and "the vets" and take it upon themselves to speak for the community. I do agree that it is best for the vaping community to not refer to vaping as smoking, but perhaps as an alternative to smoking.

I'm not against mini-models. But unfortnately, Blu is one of the weakest sisters in that category. They could easily have followed in the Volt path and provided a very good entry model PV with upgraded batteries for those who wanted it.

When a company claims that their batteries are better than any other model PV on the market, then I can't agree with that level of dishonesty.

KDude

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2012
Texas
This isn't the UK. Free speech and intelligent thinking are still protected for the most part in this country, so that BS don't fly.

The only axe I have to grind is I want the vaping community to be presented in a positive light and for many more people to have the best products possible to transition away from a deadly addiction. Blu fails to a large degree in both of those areas. Anyone who does a minimum of research should not fall victim to the sites you are referring to. And those sites have little influence over the industry as a whole, unlike Blu.

I think that's cool. I'd like it to be positive too. I don't know if Blu really fails though. People say it's helped them quit. That's positive enough. Product wise, I think we agree they could do a better job at their batteries (the charger is kind of nifty though). Juice wise, I think they're fine. Even if they fail on method of delivery (cartos..but most companies use them right now too).

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Blu does have an upgrade over their original model, which they continue to sell. The newer one appears to be about the same capacity as a Bloog/G6/volt [KR808 D1]65 mm battery, the "Premium 100".

When they come out with a 650 - 1100 mAh battery, I'll take note. I won't be holding my breath. And if they come out in support for a ban on any eliquid that is not in sealed carts, as their former president stated should happen, let us all know if you will still be defending them.

KDude

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2012
Texas
Geez. Even Bloog and Halo fail on that level then. They don't have any 650mah hardware (although I've recommended it to Halo recently). I think V4L only recently added those ego style batteries. As for the liquid comment, yeah, that's fail. You said he said this in a private convo? He should probably keep that on the downlow. It's even more stupid that they link to Johnson Creek on their website, when Johnson Creek sells their juice in liquid form. I guess he's attacking his closest partner then.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Geez. Even Bloog and Halo fail on that level then. They don't have any 650mah hardware (although I've recommended it to Halo recently). I think V4L only recently added those ego style batteries. As for the liquid comment, yeah, that's fail. You said he said this in a private convo? He should probably keep that on the downlow. It's even more stupid that they link to Johnson Creek on their website, when Johnson Creek sells their juice in liquid form. I guess he's attacking his closest partner then.

No, he said that publicly that eliquid should be in sealed carts only. It's a great way to charge more and kill off competition. And I don't recommend any mini-models except Volt because of that limitation and the associated problems with weak batteries by so many. If you had read the thousands of posts by frustrated mini-model owners that I have over the years, you would see where I am coming from. And that is just the people who were smart enough to dig deeper and come to a site like this and ask for help. There are many more who just gave up and went back to smoking. I've come into contact with quite a few in that category, unfortunately.

Last edited:

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
In the Healy interview I heard [on click-bang, I believe], he did not say that bottled e-liquid should be banned. He said it was more difficult to defend to the FDA than different flavors. But, he also said it was the ecig analog of "roll your own" tobacco as it exists in the market. If they do take a definite public stance against bottled eliquid, I would not defend that position. If you have any evidence that Healy said bottled liquid should be banned, please share it with the entire community.

Last edited:

KDude

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2012
Texas
No, he said that publicly that eliquid should be in sealed carts only. It's a great way to charge more and kill off competition. And I don't recommend any mini-models except Volt because of that limitation and the associated problems with weak batteries by so many. If you had read the thousands of posts by frustrated mini-model owners that I have over the years, you would see where I am coming from. And that is just the people who were smart enough to dig deeper and come to a site like this and ask for help. There are many more who just gave up and went back to smoking. I know quite a few in that category.

Bloog, V4L, and Halo's batteries are the same KR8 model as Volt's though. Why just recommend them? Even further, Bloog and Volt's juice lineup is identical. Whoever it is, it's the same Chinese distributer. Halo's juice as we all know is in house, and arguably (read: easily) better than either. You can't really go wrong with any of these. Volcano sells a small batt and charger similar to Blu, plus gives you many options in upgrades, up to the Lavatube, along with some nifty in house juices. Hardware wise, they do a better job than any of the above.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Bloog, V4L, and Halo's batteries are the same KR8 model as Volt's though. Why just recommend them? Even further, Bloog and Volt's juice lineup is identical. Whoever it is, it's the same Chinese distributer. Halo's juice as we all know is in house, and arguably (read: easily) better than either. You can't really go wrong with any of these. Volcano sells a small batt and charger similar to Blu, plus gives you many options in upgrades, up to the Lavatube, along with some nifty in house juices. Hardware wise, they do a better job than any of the above.

Unless there has been a recent change, Volt is the only mini-model seller who offers and promotes their larger battery line that is 808 threaded and goes up to 900 or 1000 mAh. All the others Bloog, etc don't make batteries larger than about 300 mAh that I am aware of.

If you are a light or social vaper, then any mini will work. But there is a large population who were pack a day smokers who want a battery that is at least 650 mAh or higher. In fact, if you have never vaped on a larger voltage battery that also has regulated power and uses boost circuit technology, then you will have a hard time understanding the significant difference in the quality of the vaping experience. My battery lasts 21+ hours and every inhale is just as good and just as consistent in the 21st hour as the first hour. There is no battery drain characteristics. You won't come close to that on any mini-battery model.

Last edited:

KDude

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2012
Texas
Unless there has been a recent change, Volt is the only mini-model seller who offers and promotes their larger battery line that is 808 threaded and goes up to 900 or 1000 mAh. All the others Bloog, etc don't make batteries larger than about 300 mAh that I am aware of.

V4L offers 900mah 808 ego likes, and Volcano has always been 510 threaded (cig like 510 sticks up to the Ego models and then the Lavatube). Halo doesn't do this, but then.. to be fair, they focus on being a juice company.

I ended up exploring and shopping for mods in other places myself. I still prefer a small mod, if I use one (an altsmoke BB), which still isn't 900mah. I know what an even better experience is like, but I personally don't need to carry more than 300 mah at a time, and two small batts. Nor do I need absolute regulated power the whole way through. The flucuation is neglible to me, personally.

Anyways, you sound like someone who's speaking about what you personally want from these type of companies. Which is cool. But you're not putting yourself in the mind of Joe Newb. I am Joe Newb. One of them at least. I've only been vaping since March. And most Joe Newbs don't have as much of a problem with their products as you do. Yet, you think you're fit to educate. And all you do is speak with your own requirements in mind. Anyone who crowns themselves a "pv master" (as if there is something to "master" about them.. how about getting a real hobby. Learn the piano or something) needs to stay away from newbs. You're not helpful. I wonder if your condescension is intentional or if you even realize it.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
V4L offers 900mah 808 ego likes, and Volcano has always been 510 threaded (cig like 510 sticks up to the Ego models and then the Lavatube). Halo doesn't do this, but then.. to be fair, they focus on being a juice company.

I ended up exploring and shopping for mods in other places myself. I still prefer a small mod, if I use one (an altsmoke BB), which still isn't 900mah. I know what an even better experience is like, but I personally don't need to carry more than 300 mah at a time, and two small batts. Nor do I need absolute regulated power the whole way through. The flucuation is neglible to me, personally.

Anyways, you sound like someone who's speaking about what you personally want from these type of companies. Which is cool. But you're not putting yourself in the mind of Joe Newb. I am Joe Newb. One of them at least. I've only been vaping since March. And most Joe Newbs don't have as much of a problem with their products as you do. Yet, you think you're fit to educate. And all you do is speak with your own requirements in mind. Anyone who crowns themselves a "pv master" (as if there is something to "master" about them.. how about getting a real hobby. Learn the piano or something) needs to stay away from newbs. You're not helpful. I wonder if your condescension is intentional or if you even realize it.

You have a real attitude problem, boy. You are the only one being condescending and demonstrating just how ignorant you are about vaping. I did NOT, "crown myself a PV Master". That moniker is applied by ECF, not by me. Fortunately you are the atypical newb who thinks he is smarter than everyone else and doesn't have enough sense to keep his mouth shut so as not to reveal his ignorance.

Second, since I have vaped for over three years, read thousands of posts by all level of vapers and used 15 different model PV's including auto mini's and attended 8 different Vape Meets, I'm confident in stating that I am much better versed in what most vapers need and want from their vaping experience than you do with your couple of months of very limited experience. And the 1500+ positive replies I have received for my posts also validates that my experience is helpful to many.

So instead of attacking what you don't understand and believing that all newbs are like you (fortunately the vast majority are not like you), you should try educating yourself before you make statements that reveals your ignorance.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I had one reaction to that commercial and I don't think it does us any favors. It will certainly inflame the ANTZ and it did nothing to win over normal none smokers. I would have liked it a lot better if it focused more on aspects other than you can do it anywhere. More emphasis that the smell doesn't linger on your clothes and hair, how your non-smoking friends aren't bothered by it, how you don't need ashtrays, and how you don't burn holes in anything. That kind of ad would have appealed to smokers too.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I had one reaction to that commercial and I don't think it does us any favors. It will certainly inflame the ANTZ and it did nothing to win over normal none smokers. I would have liked it a lot better if it focused more on aspects other than you can do it anywhere. More emphasis that the smell doesn't linger on your clothes and hair, how your non-smoking friends aren't bothered by it, how you don't need ashtrays, and how you don't burn holes in anything. That kind of ad would have appealed to smokers too.

Yes, yes, yes. THAT'S the commercial I want to see. Those concerns are the ones I address when I'm talking to a potential convert. I never talk about being able to smoke anywhere. Even if I talk about being able to vape in a place where they couldn't smoke, I explain steath vaping and how it works.....no smell, vapor dissipates instantly, etc. I think the more we can distance ourselves from "smoke" and "cigarettes" in general, the better. I think that Blu focusing their commercials on the "you can smoke anywhere" model (getting around smoking bans, essentially) the more inflamed the ANTZ will be about vaping in general.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

Yes, yes, yes. THAT'S the commercial I want to see. Those concerns are the ones I address when I'm talking to a potential convert. I never talk about being able to smoke anywhere. Even if I talk about being able to vape in a place where they couldn't smoke, I explain steath vaping and how it works.....no smell, vapor dissipates instantly, etc. I think the more we can distance ourselves from "smoke" and "cigarettes" in general, the better. I think that Blu focusing their commercials on the "you can smoke anywhere" model (getting around smoking bans, essentially) the more inflamed the ANTZ will be about vaping in general.

Excellent points. The greater distance from smoking that our actions, words and model of PV takes us, the better for the vaping community as a whole.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
Firstly, I'm REALLY surprised they are allowed to advertise on tv! Remember back when there were cigarette advertisements? And why those were taken off the air? I'm just amazed that they are allowed to advertise a nicotine device on tv in the first place! If the FDA is so worried about non-smokers becoming vapers, they are NOT going to like this commercial! HAHA to them!:laugh: While the commercial may get some people off of analogs, it does leave ALOT to be desired. They could have done more to promote vaping, but of course they don't care about that. It's the bottom line...$$$$ sign they are worried about, not the welfare of smokers. And the actual FACT that you CAN'T vape just anywhere is misleading. Typical commercial. But with so many states and counties adding ecigs to the smoking bans, it's just not true. I, for one, am NOT happy about a tobacco company buying out a ecig business! To me it's very scary...especially if they get the idea to make it so you can't add your own juice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread