Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
the first paragraph tells me this is a crock....everyone on this thread check the link in my signature and get ready to email your senator when d day hits.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

What happens on "D Day"?

Cause I think it has Already Happened.

:blink:

Tiffany Smeggin Peak

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2012
Wilton IA USA
Seriously crap like this comes up when companies holler that e-cigs are 100% safe, and they forget to mention that they are SAFER than cigarettes, then again lots of things are safer than ciggys. Then again, there are too many ambulance chaser types out there, rather than ones that really want to help people.... makes me want to swear ALOT!

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
You know what Shakespeare said. The US has among the largest ratio of lawyers to non lawyers in the world. Know the difference between a Lawyer and a Catfish one is a scum sucking bottom feeder and the other is just a fish. LOL

Agreed!! The verbiage in this article is so transparently biased, its' almost laughable. These are the types that troll late night TV for class action lawsuits. I would not get too worried about this.. ;-)~

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
OP, you have to break the link. Every person that clicks on it gives it google cred. That info is years old. The lawsuit may be current, but the reports are yrs old as others have mentioned.

I would have to agree with this also. The more clicks it gets, the more likely it will pop up when people are searching info about e-cigs.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
the first paragraph tells me this is a crock....everyone on this thread check the link in my signature and get ready to email your senator when d day hits.

The following is the disclaimer at the bottom of the study in your signature. Isn't Flavourart an e juice flavor maker? Ummm...
The study was funded by FlavourArt, Italy. The authors report no conflict of interest or any financial relation with electronic cigarette companies.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
If there was in fact, diethylene glycol found in the tested products, it cam from China, which I don't trust anyway. I refuse to buy Dekang for the same reason. After all, the Chinese put melamine in baby formula which took several lives. They also poisoned pets.

Chinese government takes this stuff very seriously!! the two top board members were executed for their direct orders to add that chemical to the formula,many others were imprisoned over that.

if you know anything about "iso 9000" ratings ,then you know their juice is safer then a lot of the locally made juice ,which is made in a variety of places ,

Nikki_marie228

Oct 22, 2012
San Diego
As a healthcare provider i hate these types of things. lawyers are always looking to decieve people because this is how they make their money. Its like when i saw commercials telling people who took coumadin to sue. This medication is necesary to prolong the life of people who have a heart condition like atrial fibrillation. They can most definetly die without this Med. Greed is a terrible thing :(

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
As the industry evolves (and let's hope it does) there will have to be "standards". Some of the questions ask in the article are well founded, such as nicotine levels. If I request 6 ml nic, I want it to be 6 ml, not 12, 18, or 24. That being said, we all think it is much better than smoking standard cigarettes, and many of us have quit smoking them altogether after years of trying to quit. Eventually I think the e-cig will become the standard for quitting smoking unless Big Pharma lobbies hard enough to shut e-cigs down. Just my :2c:

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Actually, if you don't trust a juice vendor, don't do business with them, it's that simple. Further , if you don't trust ANY vendor, you can get a nicotine testing kit to verify for your own piece of mind. Personally, I don't trust the FDA at all times.

As the industry evolves (and let's hope it does) there will have to be "standards". Some of the questions ask in the article are well founded, such as nicotine levels. If I request 6 ml nic, I want it to be 6 ml, not 12, 18, or 24. That being said, we all think it is much better than smoking standard cigarettes, and many of us have quit smoking them altogether after years of trying to quit. Eventually I think the e-cig will become the standard for quitting smoking unless Big Pharma lobbies hard enough to shut e-cigs down. Just my :2c:

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
it's been awhile since this thread started, since then the flavour art study has been released, furthering my belief that this article is a crock...check the link in my Sig, spread it around and let people know that articles like this are just a big ol' pile of crap.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
From the article

E-cigarettes are battery-operated devices that generally contain cartridges filled with nicotine, flavor and other chemicals. The electronic cigarette turns nicotine, which is highly addictive, and other chemicals into a vapor that is inhaled by the user.

He almost described a prescription nicotine inhaler there.

Anyone who has watched "The Good Wife" on TV has seen the inside story of law firms who screw up and have to find ways to generate tens of millions in quick income. What better way than chasing ambulances? or Ecigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread