Has anyone tried Aeros Smokeless Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
I just stumbled on them while googling smokeless cigarettes. They seem to use a chemical eaction to vaporize a nicotine solution. Each "cigarette" recharges between use, so you keep using the same one for 3 days or so. Supposedly, anyhow.

Took the plunge and ordered a pack. I'll let you all know how it goes.

http://www.aerosinfo.com/order.cfm

Minus Sign

May 2, 2008
Same question in general discussion, but this is probably a better place.

Yes, I've tried them and they do work as advertised. You will notice that they have a very low nicotine level. They don't satisfy the cravings of heavy smokers. And they are harsh to inhale, which can create coughing fits as you get used to the item.

The site gives all this info, and my experience with them is that they function as advertised. No surprises, and the order arrived quickly.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Harsh? HARSH? This ain't just harsh, it's gargling fiberglass dust harsh! It's deep-throating sandpaper phalluses harsh! It's ... OK, I ran out of steam on that. Anyone else have any more to suggest? :lol:

Point being, this thing is NASTY, with a capital N.

OK, first, a discription. The Aeros is a white plastic flattened cylinder, slightly pinched together in the middle, and sealed on both ends. You have to cut off both ends with scissors, and inside is a folded papery substance, I presume to be tobacco laced with some chemical delivery system. You just inhale through it, and the air somehow picks up the nicotine as it passes. You keep puffing on it as long and often as you want. If you deplete the nicotine, let it rest, and it'll recharge somehow, and you can puff away again for a while. It's supposed to last for up to 3 days, depending on use.

I used to smoke lights or ultra-lights, so my tolerance is lower than most, so YMMV, but I can feel the hit fairly well. It feels about like the medium strength e-liquid, or so. And the menthol flavour is also strong, almost overpowering. Without the visible smoke, the experience is somewhat lacking, but it would do fine for an airplane or restaurant, for example. If the rush and the taste were the whole sensation.

But the strongest sensation is not the rush, or the taste, but the horrible burning in the back of the mouth and the throat. If you just take one or two hits, it's OK. A bit of a stinging feeling like strong mouthwash. Or a bit too much e-smoke. But too many hits, and it gets worse, untill it feels like your throat's being scoured with steel wool. And it keeps on stinging each time you breathe.

Now, they send you a letter which says, paraphrased, that it takes some time to get used to smoking it, and you should give it at least THREE PACKS to get used to it!! B' F'ing ....!! I am not, say again, NOT, gonna PAY to be tortured like this two more times, and at $27 plus shipping and tax, each, no less.

I'll keep taking an occasional puff or two a few times a day, and if it gets better by the end of the pack, I'll consider buying another, because i really want it to work, so I'll have an option for times and places where even the e-cig isn't allowed. But that's it. If this burning doesn't stop, Aeros is out.

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
But the strongest sensation is not the rush, or the taste, but the horrible burning in the back of the mouth and the throat. If you just take one or two hits, it's OK. A bit of a stinging feeling like strong mouthwash. Or a bit too much e-smoke. But too many hits, and it gets worse, untill it feels like your throat's being scoured with steel wool. And it keeps on stinging each time you breathe.

Now, they send you a letter which says, paraphrased, that it takes some time to get used to smoking it, and you should give it at least THREE PACKS to get used to it!! B' F'ing x@!%!! I am not, say again, NOT, gonna PAY to be tortured like this two more times, and at $27 plus shipping and tax, each, no less.

I'll keep taking an occasional puff or two a few times a day, and if it gets better by the end of the pack, I'll consider buying another, because i really want it to work, so I'll have an option for times and places where even the e-cig isn't allowed. But that's it. If this burning doesn't stop, Aeros is out.

Could not have said it better - these cigarettes are awful - I will not ever buy them again. My throat hurt so bad after trying them that I refuse to open anymore...

timonette

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
Northwest USA
Question?
If Aeros doesn't contain tobacco, & on their order page they say 'it's new technology & not classified as a "cigarette" or "smokeless tobacco" BUT it does contains 0 mg tar & .05 nicotine". BUT on the back of the Aeros box, it states that Aeros "has been classified as a tobacco product by the U. S. Government pursuant to regulations administered by TTB under 26 U.S.C. Chapter 52".
So what is it" Is thete some tobacco in those tube too?

wonder

Unregistered Supplier
Oct 9, 2008
US
www.smokelesswonder.com
I have a feeling he wanted it classified as a Tobacco product so it would be regulated. I believe and don't quote me on this that the paper inside the tube contains particles of tobacco on it. Hope this helps.

Question?
If Aeros doesn't contain tobacco, & on their order page they say 'it's new technology & not classified as a "cigarette" or "smokeless tobacco" BUT it does contains 0 mg tar & .05 nicotine". BUT on the back of the Aeros box, it states that Aeros "has been classified as a tobacco product by the U. S. Government pursuant to regulations administered by TTB under 26 U.S.C. Chapter 52".
So what is it" Is thete some tobacco in those tube too?

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
I’m not sure if it allowed to post a link here or not,

Anyway there is a 2 minutes video in YouTube named “Healthbeat - Dangers of Smokeless Tabacco “. It is worth watching.

Hmmm, whist not doubting the danger of traditional chewing tobacco, if you do a search about snuff and snus, I think you'll find proper scientific surveys contradict this item. You may find the normal interest groups rants, look for the science and a different picture emerges. Sweden has much lower cancer rates and they have a very high snus usage. The EU had to back down on the warning notices on snuff, they tried to put "snuff causes cancer" on the tins, when it was politely pointed out that the cancer rate for snuff could not be measured as it was so low they changed.

American (and British) chewing tobacco is a different thing, well known to cause oral cancers.

JamesD

Dec 8, 2008
OKC, OK
I have used Aeros for about 2 years.

Once you're used to them, they can be quite nice. I always drink something (coffee, beer, wine, water, whatever) when I smoke/vape, and I think that helps with the weird Aeros sensation.

Since I started vaping, I only use Aeros in restaurants and stuff. When I'm on a plane or train I vape in the lavatory (spent about 30 min. in an Amtrak dressing room with a bottle of wine and a Janty once).

They're an OK alternative if you get used to them.

JamesD

ne37803

Jan 21, 2009
Ordered 2 packs of the Aeros cigs and not what I expected :p...just not the same as smoking....Also after I recieved them and discovered they were not what I expected I found out there is NO REFUND POLICY :mad: so I am stuck with 2 packs of something I won't use....Never order anything that does not have a refund policy!!!! ( $56 down the perverbal drain)

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Anybody wanna send me theirs so I can try it without wasting a small fortune on it? Sorry, it's kinda like that fould odor in the fridge that gets passed around the room, everyone sniffing it, making the face, agreeing it is foul, but you feel compelled to try it for yourself anyhow, knowing it must be pretty foul.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread