Has anyone tried one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
The NETWORK
I am looking for a carto punch and this looks better than the sattle valve punches out there. I have heard horror stories about crushing carto's with those.

SmokTank Cartomizer Hole Punch
If you are going to use that particular one it is decent because it use a COBALT piercing tip, but CLOUDS of VAPOR has one especially made for cartomizer punching with a CARBIDE piercing tip and set length lock so you don't have to keep adjusting it or measuring your holes! I just don't like the hassle of holding it in my hand like that! COV's you can put on a table and just turn! That is just my preference and opinion! Check them out at: cloudsofvapor.com

phiniac.com :D

Unspokenzero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Germany
That's what I use. Got mine on eBay for $5.90 shipped.

i'll have to look into that.

If you are going to use that particular one it is decent because it use a COBALT piercing tip, but CLOUDS of VAPOR has one especially made for cartomizer punching with a CARBIDE piercing tip and set length lock so you don't have to keep adjusting it or measuring your holes! I just don't like the hassle of holding it in my hand like that! COV's you can put on a table and just turn! That is just my preference and opinion! Check them out at: cloudsofvapor.com

phiniac.com

I looked at those I am just not sure if I want to spend $40 on an item for vaping but it looks like a solid investment.

A saddle valve works fine if you simply sharpen the tip. I sharpened mine with just a nail file and it doesn't "pop", just goes right in. Looks almost like it was done with a laser. Nothing wrong with them, they were just meant for a one time use with a big piece of copper, not multiple uses with hard SS.

Those just look cheap and I am not a fan of sharpening it every time I need to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread