The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Has anyone tried the Ikenvape CV PYREX TANK?

Discussion in 'Carto Tanks' started by Pocha, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Pocha

Pocha Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

They look cute. Not much info on the website...such as what size they are. They look about 22mm or maybe bigger?

CV Pyrex Tank

Haven't seen any reviews on these.

2. txcolt

txcolt Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2013
    Plano, TX
    I have not tried them but they do look nice. I would like to see some reviews on them.

3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I've not used these specific tanks, but I have used grommet tanks from other manufacturers in the past. Not my cup of tea, especially at those prices. I much prefer metal (stainless steel or anodized aluminum) end caps for the ease of their setup and refilling the tank. Just my :2c:

4. Pocha

Yeah...I've always wondered about those grommet tanks. Seems like the flixibility of the silicone would actually make refilling them a bit more difficult.

5. jwag1973

jwag1973 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2013
    Saint Louis, MO.
    With IBtanked making quality tanks at very reasonable prices, I'd just grab a tank or two from them. I have eight and honestly don't even look elsewhere. Just my opinion, they are very hard to beat.

6. Pocha

Actually... I have 4 IBTanked's and I love them! I was just a little curious about these because they're cute.

7. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I hadn't seen those before. Very pretty.

But, I have a question. What's the point of them being glass if the endcaps are 'food grade silicone'? Is silicone less likely to be damaged than polycarbonate? Is it more like polypropylene maybe?

ETA: I just asked about the silicone in the Ikenvape forum. I'll let you know what they say.

8. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    OK. They didn't respond on their forum so I emailed them instead. Here's the answer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.