Has Anyone Tried The USONICIG Rhythm Ultrasonic Vape Kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
You only missed one Asbestos.

I rarely watch reviews from anyone these days, but Phil's Dimitri jokes don't get to me. That's just me though :D
I was just kidding....Phil and Todd are the only reviewers I can take anymore. Admittedly, I haven't watched many of Phils in awhile and I occasionally catch Todd. I'm with you though, I very rarely watch reviews...I'm kinda into these court trials and interrogation videos these days. Why? Probably because I'm not in any of them...:thumbs:

Ionori

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2017
    I'm not an expert on the subject of ultrasonic vaporizers, but I have my doubts about this device. If it's supposed to act on the same principle as an ultrasonic humidifier, shouldn't it produce cool vapor? I recall somebody stating that it uses waste heat from running a piezoelectric crystal at a significantly higher frequency than intended, which would explain why it produces warm vapor, and why the device's battery life is so poor (basically 2ml/charge), but don't quote me on that.

campbellsgirl13

Jun 27, 2018
    Rhythm ultrasonic is awesome. Only had it for a week, only problem is refilling the juice since the tank is black. Overall awesome... $102 if your buying through the uk only place to buy... $96 on the ecigwizard.com site then a extra $6 to go through customs twice

Attachments

• IMG_20180621_165700934.jpg
      IMG_20180621_165700934.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 37

listopencil

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    Rhythm ultrasonic is awesome. Only had it for a week, only problem is refilling the juice since the tank is black. Overall awesome... $102 if your buying through the uk only place to buy... $96 on the ecigwizard.com site then a extra $6 to go through customs twice

Cool. Thanks for dropping in with some insight.

Reactions: stols001

RigBick

ECF Veteran
    Mar 29, 2018
    Clearwater, Fl
    It creates vapor, apparently, with ultrasonic vibration. Here are some videos:

Vape Deals emailed me and it is availabill for like $50. Not sure but reviewers say it lacks the omph.. That i like in a sub ohm device. Maybe the technology will improve over time. Untill then I will pass.

• Useful

Zipslack

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 26, 2013
    Wesson, MS, USA
    Interesting note: the original patent for ecig was based on an ultrasonic delivery system. It would be very much like a cool-mist humidifier, in principle. The big problem is the piezo transducers are sort of energy hogs and can produce a lot of excess heat. I think our existing technology is probably easier/cheaper than these will ever be.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2018
    Brisbane, AU
    I'm probably a bit late to the party on this but for what my 2c is worth:

- 1st generation of new technology, or rather the first iteration of something where it's unique to ONE provider is something to observe and understand not necessarily buy. Think the first iPhone, the first PC, or even a new feature on automotive vehicles. Not only can (not always but it happens enough that its a safe bet) problems occur but with this sort of thing you're either stuck with one manufacturer but then you're beholden to what that manufacturer does. If they go bust you could be stuck with a product that is rendered unusable which brings me to my second point.

- it's in a manufacturers (OEM) best interests to keep a certain process to how they approach or make a particular product. In the case of this one the manufacturer has made this product to approach the "problem" or "niche" within vaping a certain way, and in future iterations it will still most likely approach it the same or definitely similar ways. Things like the coil design, or the ultrasonic module etc. When the technology becomes more accessible you get variations which approach the same "problem" or "niche" in sometimes a different way. A good example would be the FUKCHUEG amounts of different atomisers, coils, tanks, mods that are out there ALL of them approaching the same problem (for want of a better word) of effectively converting a liquid medium to a gaseous one (flavour and clouds notwithstanding). If we take the drop-in coil types by SMOK and Vaporesso etc. and even batteries they have all approached the problem by either making them compatible OR better than their competitors, as a result the consumer does get sometimes a much better quality product after multiple sources (without intending to) combine their R&D efforts over a period of time.

So tl;dr - wait until either the second/third generation before buying OR dismissing the tech (if it doesn't make it to that stage, dismissing wasn't such a bad idea) before trying it out.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2018
    Brisbane, AU
    I'm glad to hear someone reporting real life use, I doubt I will be buying one for many reasons, but mainly due to the newness of the technology although it sure is interesting. I hope the idea takes of in some ways, it's an interesting one.

Anna

It's definitely an interesting idea, and actual innovation such as this should always be commended and (when it makes sense) be supported. For me if I start researching something and it makes sense - I'll support it, possibly buy one if funds permit. Where I don't is (as you could imagine) when I don't see the point. To put it in terms of watches, when I saw the analogue quartz watches with a digital panel on them, to me that didn't make sense. It was nothing that hadn't been achieved before (as far as application and solution) and aesthetically was a bit blergh. As the saying goes however; YMMV.

string_x

Jul 21, 2018
    I own one.. And I would give it 2.5 out of 5 stars.. The unit feels a bit clumsy and awkward in your hands. And by that I mean that I find myself cradling it from the bottom and not only to hit the fire button. So this makes it feel like its a leave at home unit to casually smoke while your on the computer or watching TV. Because of the awkward heavy it feels like it could slip out from your hands if your hanging out with your "compadres" or taking a hit while walking with it.

The mouthpiece spits back if you don't allow it enough time to saturate the e-juice into the cotton.. However, I have also gotten plenty of dry hits from it because sometimes you just have to be bold enough to give it a good strong pull and allow it to spit back at you to actually pull the juice back into the cotton..
    And the cartridges are magnetic so count on having accidents in your pockets if your actually putting this in your pant pockets.
    Also the battery doesn't last as long as you would want it to.. If your a hardcore smoker the most you will get is about about 2 or 3 hours.. Then you would have to charge it again..
    I would say when all these hurdles have been defeated the unit works smoothly and really well. But you don't want to have all these arguments with your e-cig.. lol.
    If anyone does consider buying one I bought some Naked brand e-juice and their ratio works well on the unit.. They usually have their ratios right on the front of their labels. So I would start there as far as ratios go if your planning on using it with your DIY juice..

To be honest I bought this unit to test out illegal substances that I could blend with e-liquids since it doesn't have any coils or ceramics to ruin anything..
    So far the cotton seems to filter things pretty well..
    I dunno how open this community feels about such things so I am not going to be so bold since I just joined this forum.. lol

I would say if you like the design of this unit..
    I would recommend getting The Aster 75w By Eleaf which bears a similar square laser cut design but looks much easier to hold and walk around with.. Its not an ultrasonic device but it is pocket friendly..

I got my Rhythm from MyVaporStore for $47.
    They have 10% off coupon codes if you search google.
    USONICIG Rhythm UltraSonic Starter Kit

Additional Cratridges from MyFreedomSmokes for $5.95
    Ryhthm Ultrasonic Replacement Cartridge 2ml

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    I dunno how open this community feels about such things so I am not going to be so bold since I just joined this forum.. lol

Well, it's quite clear in the Rules you agreed to when you joined :
    Forum Rules

Nope - we don't discuss 'Other Stuff' here in any way, shape or form.

oh - Welcome to ECF :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread