Has anyone tried these 16340's for the Buzz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
I saw these - Solar Force - on a battery test site (AkkuDB). Almost 700 mah at 2amp output - better then Powerizers and protected so nobody has to freak out about ridiculous 'safety' issues.
I can't find a 3Amp test anywhere, so maybe they suck when pushed to the limit? Has Buzz tested these? I couldn't find his post with the battery tests...
hmmm... 3V cutoff might ruin these for Buzzes. Maybe they're overprotected.

Anyone know anything about these?

Last edited:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Good deal. Almost all of my batts were 2+ years old and they all started biting the dust at once! I have mostly the old, grey jacket ultrafires, and 3 sets failed this past 2 weeks. I can't complain too much since I worked the hell out of them over the last couple of years. I have 1 set of powerizers that are not holding a charge as long as they should, they are just a little over a year old.

IzzyD

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2012
UK
Hi all,

I bought he solarforce a few months ago but there are a few cavets.

Issue with the length of the batts. With the added protection they are a bit too long for the BP and the bottom cap won't screw all the way in but will still work. I used a spare o-ring from a cart tank to fill the gap and stop over screwing in the cap and damaging the BP and/or batts.

Runtimes ... this is so unscientific :laugh: I find they don't run as long than the powerizers. The powerizers easily run a good few hours longer. Plus when the SF do trip due to low voltage you have to take them out and recharge.

Given all the safety built into the BP and it's a buck device rather than boost I'm sticking with the powerizers. To date I haven't found a better batt for the BP ... thanks Mike

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Izzy, thank you for the report! I've not tried a lot of different batts, but I get the best performance from the TrustFire flame jackets, and Powerizers are a close second. Others get better results with the Powerizers.

Really sucks that our customers outside the US can't buy the batts from us, but I think that postal ban was due to expire Jan 2013...I need to check on that.

IzzyD

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2012
UK
Izzy, thank you for the report! I've not tried a lot of different batts, but I get the best performance from the TrustFire flame jackets, and Powerizers are a close second. Others get better results with the Powerizers.

Really sucks that our customers outside the US can't buy the batts from us, but I think that postal ban was due to expire Jan 2013...I need to check on that.

Thanks Bovinia. I have 4 sets of powerizers he he. I bought them when I get my BP in April.

BTW its still performing stellar. In that time I had a provari :closedeyes: Don't get me wrong it's very nice device but to heavy and battery life compared to my BP wasn't that good.

I know mike is working on a new project and I eagerly wait to see what genius he comes up with ... don't know what it is but I'll be getting one regardless :p

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I found out you get what you pay for. I bought some trustfire flames because I liked them and I really never tried the Powerizers. But, the new batteries I got didn't seem as good as I remembered so I got some Powerizers from Mike last week and they give me a stronger puff and last longer than my TF's. It doesn't take much of a difference for me to notice but I want the best for my PVs. So I now havearond 10 sets of batteries for my Buzz and Buzz Pro's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread