• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Has anyone used or heard of this delivery service

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I got an email from Paypal the other day informing me about a service called "HopShopGo".

It's like having a staging warehouse address in the U.S. so you can buy stuff from sites that don't ship to Australia, get it sent to 'your' U.S. address and they then send it on to you in Aus (for a price of course).

This means I can take advantage of Sales, Free Local Shipping etc., and then get them to put a few separate orders together and send them out to me.

I will be trying it out during the Thanksgiving sales if there are any.

*** I'm not sure if this breaks any rules, if so I apologise in advance. Just excited I guess.

arjay55

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
Be sure that the email was @paypal.com and not something that "looked like" @paypal.com such as:

@paypal.news.com
@paypa|.com
@paypaI.com
@pay-pal.com

etc.

Paypal does a really great job of keeping these kinds of things off the net, but there's always a new scam going that trys to phish your paypal information by pretending to be paypal or a paypal affiliate.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
Be sure that the email was @paypal.com and not something that "looked like" @paypal.com such as:

@paypal.news.com
@paypa|.com
@paypaI.com
@pay-pal.com

etc.

Paypal does a really great job of keeping these kinds of things off the net, but there's always a new scam going that trys to phish your paypal information by pretending to be paypal or a paypal affiliate.

Thanks I double/double checked and it seems Kosher.

Thought I'd put in the link this time, as I forgot earlier.

HopShopGo

asti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
TX. USA
I did google the name yesterday I think.... seems to be attached to paypal alright, here is some of their double talk:
PayPal Buyer Protection covers the cost of your purchases, including shipping! Learn More
PayPal's Buyer Protection policies do not cover Australian PayPal account holders for payments made to HopShopGo, please see our User Agreement, for more information. :confused:

:laugh:

hope everything goes well arjay55

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread