Has VG Disabled my vapor?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiax04

Feb 4, 2017
New Zealand
Hi guys,

I have been vaping before for 2-3 months and everyone here helped me a lot. For some reasons (dizziness etc.) I stopped using them, but because I have not been able to quit a 1PAD smoking, I am back to vaping again... wish me luck this time.

Anyway, I got myself a pen-like vapor here, and have been experimenting for some juices around. I had a 6mg 50% pg/vg vape bought from the same shop, it was okay just had a strong hit on my throat. I did a little research and thought may be a higher vg might help me. So got myself a Cosmic Fog 6mg as it has 70% VG. But first try, my vapor doesn't produce any vape. I can hear the vaping and get the heat in my mouth, but just a tiny amount of vape actually coming out of it. Is it because my vapor isn't capable of handling higher vg juice?

Thank you guys.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

hiax04

Feb 4, 2017
New Zealand
Is it a fresh coil?

My first instinct would be to say its a flooded coil but I may be wrong.
Hi Lewis,

No it's not a new one. I was just vaping on it before filling the tank up with the higher vg one and it was fine. Sorry, I'm a beginner, what's flooded? Shall I change the coil?

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    Yeah that's an Innokin T18 clone for sure. From previous experience using the T18 and T22, you should stick with 70pg and or 50/50 blends. Any thicker than that and it'll have trouble sucking up the juice. The coils for this thing are not good, but they used to be at least. When you get that harsh feeling in your throat, it usually means the coil is burning up and you need to replace it asap.

hiax04

Feb 4, 2017
    New Zealand
    Yeah that's an Innokin T18 clone for sure. From previous experience using the T18 and T22, you should stick with 70pg and or 50/50 blends. Any thicker than that and it'll have trouble sucking up the juice. The coils for this thing are not good, but they used to be at least. When you get that harsh feeling in your throat, it usually means the coil is burning up and you need to replace it asap.
    Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. Yup, I replaced the juice with the old 50/50 and it's all good to go now.
    I don't think the coil has burned out, because when I mixed the juice with a 3mg nicotine it was smooth and good, so probably was the nicotine level very high. I am surprised though, I am now convinced that previously all my dizziness was because of nicotine overdose; I though 1PAD should be at least 12mg. But now 6mg seems to be good.

Do you guys know any other way if decreasing the throat hit on the 6mg? If I mix it with anything, then the nicotine is not enough for me... and if I don't mix it then it hurts my throat...

Thank you :)

hiax04

Feb 4, 2017
    New Zealand
    If you can, upgrade to this Nunchaku Kit 80w by UWELL You'll be able to use higher VG liquid and it's a perfect vape.
    Hi Susaz,

Thanks for the advice, that looks good. I will keep going with my current one for a week or two, and if there's any hope I can decrease/quit my analogs that's totally worth it.

Are you from New Zealand too?

Susaz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2009
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Hi Susaz,

Thanks for the advice, that looks good. I will keep going with my current one for a week or two, and if there's any hope I can decrease/quit my analogs that's totally worth it.

Are you from New Zealand too?
    No, from Argentina! But I searched on that site to see if there was something that suited your needs. I have one of those and it's great, I mostly use it when going out. If you need to see how it works, here's a video.

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. Yup, I replaced the juice with the old 50/50 and it's all good to go now.
    I don't think the coil has burned out, because when I mixed the juice with a 3mg nicotine it was smooth and good, so probably was the nicotine level very high. I am surprised though, I am now convinced that previously all my dizziness was because of nicotine overdose; I though 1PAD should be at least 12mg. But now 6mg seems to be good.

Do you guys know any other way if decreasing the throat hit on the 6mg? If I mix it with anything, then the nicotine is not enough for me... and if I don't mix it then it hurts my throat...

Thank you :)
    Perhaps what you're looking for is nicotine salt. It has a combination of nicotine and acids that allows your body to absorb it much quicker compared to "regular" nicotine found in most ejuice. The throat hit will also be a lot less noticeable, sometimes even almost gone.

Also keep in mind that when vaping regular ejuice, it takes time to get into your system. So new vapers almost always overdose (I sure did!) but it only takes (usually) a couple of days to dial it in. People are surprisingly good at self regulating nicotine :)

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
    I agree, sounds like a flooded coil...

It could well be that that is a higher PG designed tank as it is a starter kit for mtl style vaping. I'm not familiar with the tank - Google results seem all to be for NZ and Oz vape sites?

I remember trying to use 60/40 liquid in an old style eGo pen device years ago (when I was new to refillable devices) and liquid flooded so much it came out the airholes and dripped into the battery completely ruining everything. So using the right liquid for the tank is really important! I use their liquids a lot btw - good choice (for the right tank)!

Do you know the resistance of the coils by any chance?

hiax04

Feb 4, 2017
    New Zealand
    No, from Argentina! But I searched on that site to see if there was something that suited your needs. I have one of those and it's great, I mostly use it when going out. If you need to see how it works, here's a video.

That's very kind of you to search the web site for me and providing the video, I appreciate that :)
    And that indeed seems like a very good device for that price, would be my next one for sure.

Thank you.

untar

Vaping Master
    Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    nicotine salt. It has a combination of nicotine and acids that allows your body to absorb it much quicker compared to "regular" nicotine found in most ejuice
    That is incorrect, in fact nicotine gets absorbed better/quicker in a slightly alkaline environment
    In alkaline environment the rate of nicotine permeation through biological membranes is increased.
    [Absorption, metabolism and excretion of nicotine in humans]. - PubMed - NCBI
    Absorption of nicotine through cellular membranes depends on the pH. If the pH is acidic, nicotine is ionized and does not easily pass through membranes. At physiologic pH (pH = 7.4), 31% of nicotine is not ionized and easily passes through membranes.
    Metabolism

That's known for a long time and there's countless other sources for this. That's also the reason tobacco companies treat cigarette tobacco with ammonia for decades.

Unless there is some special chemical engineering (eg like what the PAX labs patent claims) nicotine salts generally won't be absorbed quicker.

But yes, there'll be less throat hit and if a vaper needs more nic with less throat hit salts are the way to go.

Lode

Nov 26, 2013
    Amsterdam
    hiax04:
    Are you vaping mouth to lung -like smoking- or taking direct lung hits? That usually requires different gear.

I've lately been vaping with the Aramax which has a 5000 mAh battery, so I only have to recharge it overnight every two days. And even then there is still a 30% battery charge, and I don't notice any less vape. Still huge vapor clouds, even vaping with 100% PG liquids. (I vape Whole Tobacco Alcaloids (WTA) liquid from OM Vapors. It gives just that little extra to make it feel like smoking tobacco.)
    But the Aramax is direct lung vaping gear. Not expensive though, under $40.

Last edited:

hiax04

Feb 4, 2017
    New Zealand
    Perhaps what you're looking for is nicotine salt. It has a combination of nicotine and acids that allows your body to absorb it much quicker compared to "regular" nicotine found in most ejuice. The throat hit will also be a lot less noticeable, sometimes even almost gone.

Also keep in mind that when vaping regular ejuice, it takes time to get into your system. So new vapers almost always overdose (I sure did!) but it only takes (usually) a couple of days to dial it in. People are surprisingly good at self regulating nicotine :)
    Hi there,

Thank you, had no idea about nicotine salt. will have to do some homework then lol

hiax04

Feb 4, 2017
    New Zealand
    hiax04:
    Are you vaping mouth to lung -like smoking- or taking direct lung hits? That usually requires different gear.

I've lately been vaping with the Aramax which has a 5000 mAh battery, so I only have to recharge it overnight every two days. Huge vapor clouds, even vaping with 100% PG liquids.
    But that is direct lung vaping gear.
    Hi,

This pen is only for mouth to lung and I'm fine with that. It resembles more of the ritual of smoking. I will have to get more advanced in the near future I guess. My only intention about VG is to have lower throat hit. I have purchased a 50/50 juice called Alpha today and it seems pretty good, no disturbing throat hot on 6mg.

Lode

Nov 26, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Suzas,
    I don't think it's the best idea to recommend to a beginner a device with a separate loose battery in it. The danger exist that the battery shorts out if the thin plastic insulation gets damaged -as warned for in the video- and that is where those horror stories of exploding batteries come from. (Although this device might have some protection against that.)

Better to recommend a device with build-in battery. (And mechanical mods -no protection at all against explosions due to shorts- are completely out for beginners of course.
    I would not even use one if paid for it, and I've been vaping for years with different gear.)

• Useful

Lode

Nov 26, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Hi,

This pen is only for mouth to lung and I'm fine with that. It resembles more of the ritual of smoking. I will have to get more advanced in the near future I guess. My only intention about VG is to have lower throat hit. I have purchased a 50/50 juice called Alpha today and it seems pretty good, no disturbing throat hot on 6mg.

I started mouth to lung also. For a few years it was fine. Then I ordered a direct to lung pen without knowing it was that -I had seen a video of it showing huge clouds and wanted that too- so as usual I tried to take drags of it to only fill my mouth, and then inhale it into my lungs. But nothing came out of it. Then I tried a direct lung hit with it, and I was hooked. :hubba:
    I don't regret it though. As I can forget to vape for hours sometimes when involved in other interests. Like I have not vaped since starting posting on this forum today. Even while starting a new thread about UMBA Vape.

Come to think of it, I might as well take a few good hits now... :)

Last edited:

untar

Vaping Master
    Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    that is where those horror stories of exploding batteries come from
    Source?
    The majority of devices in mishaps is unknown, but if you look here
    E-Cigarette Explosions: Comprehensive List - eCig One
    most electronic devices that "explode" are pen vapes with an internal battery. They mostly use LiPo and so the reaction in case of a malfunction is much more violent than with the loose batteries we recommend.
    There's no need to create unnecessary fear towards exchangeable battery mods, the only real drawback is that an external charger should be bought - it's not wise to charge a lithium battery in a badly ventilated box (which btw is exactly what you do with an internal battery mod). Oh, and not carrying the batteries in your pocket with keys and change will keep your reproductive organs in near mint condition.

Lode

Nov 26, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Dear Untar:
    Thank you for your reply and info.

I quote from the interesting article you provided a link to:

"3. Exercise caution when using mechanical mods, or don’t use mech mods at all."

So I go by the explanation given in the video I just posted above. You might have a different idea about this than I, but "Different strokes for different folks." :p

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread