Hastur RTA coil not recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dms25

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2014
Switzerland
Hi,

I just picked up a 2nd hand Hastur, mainly because I broke both the glass tanks of my old one. This has been my favourite tank for over a year now and I'm not even looking into buying anything else at the moment. However I cannot get the new one to fire, well it does fire a couple off times after installing a new coil and then I just get "coil not found" messages on my mods. The original one I have works fine and I've compared both side by side and nothing seems off in the new one. Any ideas?

Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi mate,
Presuming you have disassembled, cleaned and inspected both units side by side, I would begin by swapping major components.
hastur.jpg

Swap the deck from unit one into the base from unit two and the deck from unit two into the base of unit one.
Build and test both.
The more you can narrow down the issue, the better.
The fact that you don't get a "short" error is interesting.

Cheers

Last edited:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
I second a teardown, clean and reassemble.

If you don't do it already, it may be a good idea to adopt the practice. As sometimes there's machine oil contamination, metal swarf and particles with so many I've had over time.

Also it allows you to check the seals and or o rings, and you can also swap the build deck screws for hex or Allen ones. As they're so much easier to work with, because they are much harder to strip.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi,

I just picked up a 2nd hand Hastur, mainly because I broke both the glass tanks of my old one. This has been my favourite tank for over a year now and I'm not even looking into buying anything else at the moment. However I cannot get the new one to fire, well it does fire a couple off times after installing a new coil and then I just get "coil not found" messages on my mods. The original one I have works fine and I've compared both side by side and nothing seems off in the new one. Any ideas?

Could it be that the 510 Pin on your New Hastur doesn't stick out Far Enough? Or that the 510 is Loose?

There are also a Lot of Clone RTA's out there. So if you decide to try Swapping Parts from one to another, be carefull if something Feels like it Doesn't Fit. Or if a Threaded Piece seems to be Hard to Screw In.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Maybe they were feeling frisky......

Ah the mysteries of the vape and the world in general...

IDK but I'm glad they are "Happy together."
Glad it worked out (yes, sometimes they just give you issues... currently dealing with that too but kinda got used to that)
regarding Anna's post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread