Hate my volt...LOVE Blu disposable. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
See the looking silly thing is a big thing for me because I often vape in situations where others are smoking. It really has to look like a smoke. I know that's kinda stupid but it's a deal-breaker for me.

If you insist on prefilled cartomizers then you just need to shop around until you find what you like. Really limits your options though, and refilling is so easy to do.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
It should be noted any cartomizer system, or really just about every juice delivery system, is going to "leak". Especially if you chain it like some people chain smoke. The best thing to help combat this is to get an 808/510/901 drip tip, and even then as the atomizer heats up you can still get some juice in your mouth.

As for the burning taste, that's because you vaped it dry. If you're unwilling to fill your own, then be prepared to go through 3 or 4 a day.

Good luck!

Yokymo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Harrisburg, PA
I should say that I only want to use pre-filled carts, and would really like some direction in terms of which are the best. I know people prefer to fill their own, but I'd rather pay for the convenience factor. It's a big part of me being able to kick smokes.

I said the same thing.. I said i only wanted to use pre-filled but then i bought an ego twist and I never regretted that. i still use my volts when im at work but when im home, i use my ego.

I recommend if SI flavors arent doing anything for you, you look up some other companies but your best bet is to find the taste you are looking for is to fill your own carto's. so many options out there and well if you limit yourself to prefilled you miss out on so much.

The_Jerkstore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's not silly to want your ecig to look like an real cig. I have a few mods yet still perfer to use my volt when going out to bars. I would suggest that you try buying blanks for your volt and filling them yourself. It's very easy to do. VOLT - Cartomizer FILL & REFILL demonstration - Smokeless Image - YouTube. Of the 2 methods I think the condom method works the best and don't go any lower than 70pg.

Also, carry 3 cartos on you that way if taste drops you just throw on another. when ya get home just refill used ones and you're back in buisness. I just don't like pre-filled cartos as I have no way of knowing how long they've be filled for. Of the juices I've tried, the 2 that I reach for when I want a cigarette taste are OMFG tobacco by Kalamazoo vapor shop OMFG Tobacco, E-Liquid,... and Casablanca blend by Backwoods brew Casablanca Blend

Both of those need to steep so if you were to order you'd have to let them sit for a week or two to get the best flavor.

Lastly, I would suggest you get an ego VV device for your non going out with friends use. Longer battery life and a much more satisfying vape. Hang in there.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
I'm pretty sure that Johnson Creek makes the propietary blend e-juice for Blu brand. While you can't get that one, you might try JC's Tennessee Cured or Red Line range and try refilling your blu carts. That way you'd also have more say over your nic content. Or if that ejuice liquid flavor hits the big bingo for you, then you might consider an eGo battery and Kanger T2 clearomizer which is the easiest thing in the world to fill - top it up, avoid putting liquid in center post. Fill clearo about 3/4 to 4/5 but don't overfill, and you're on your way....

That's the problem; they don't sell that flavor in carts. ....... conspiracy, I say!

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Don't worry. 100 mg nicotine is poisonous and dangerous. But handling 36 mg down is quite safe and e-juices are available all premixed. You can also buy an eye dropper in any drugstore, walmart and use that instead of the bottle direct if it didn't happen to have a drip tip. This vid below is the Kanger T2

Watch from the 55 second mark.

Last edited:

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com
The flavor should be the same between the disposable and the cartomizers. The nic strength is different, though.
The Blu cartomizers that you buy at Walgreens are the little ones. They fit a 510 but are sized more like a 306 (they are actually L88Bs I think) and are narrower than 510s or 808s. They look a little silly, but they work. But if you order online, you can order their Premium 100 cartomizers. Those are the same size as a traditional 510 cartomizer. They are available in the same flavors as the originals.

All you would need is an 808->510 adapter (unsealed if you are using auto batteries).

MacSabbath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Scotland
It's not a big deal really. Filling cartomizers is quite easy but is slightly messy no matter how you cut it. You'll just need to wipe them down after you fill them and experiment with not overfilling so you don't get e-liquid splattered in your mouth. Best to fill a few at a time for convenience sake. The money you save is really pretty extreme that way vs buying and throwing away prefilled carts. Prefilled carts hold about 1ml liquid. Most vapers probably average about 3-5ml liquid a day. So if you buy a 2 pack of cartomizers for $8 (like some brands) chances are you will use them up both in a day and want more. If you are vaping heavily, a 1ml cartomizer if probably only going to last a couple hours if even that.

Also, my skin is quite sensitive and I've gotten a little e-liquid on my fingers etc and no irritation. You just probably don't want to swallow a whole bottle of the stuff, rub it all over your hands and then rub your eyes, or add a 100ml bottle to your bath or anything, but getting some on your fingers or even a little bit in your mouth isn't all that big of a deal.

The_Jerkstore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Judging from that vid, filling just seems so messy! the fact that this stuff is poisonous freaks me out and I don't like the idea of handling it.

Trust me it's far less messy than an ashtray. Just put a paper towel down and you're good. I guess if you spilt the whole bottle into your mouth ya might get sick but other than that a few drops on your hand isn't gonna cause a rash or anything. I'll just say this, if filling a carto was anything other than easy, every vendor would sell prefilled cartos. They don't. My 60 year old mother fills her own and she struggles to change the batteries in her tv remote.

1BRC

Jan 5, 2013
Ohio
I noticed the same thing back when I first tried 'em... the Blu disposables are SO much better than any of the e-cigs with replaceable cartos that you can buy at the gas station / drug store. I've ordered some different types of cartos to try on my Lavatube, just to see if any are like that (and also have a backup if my tank were to somehow fail). EDIT: I should point out -- the cartos I ordered are empty, refillable ones.

However, for me (maybe not you), they're still crap compared to what a good PV can do.

I wouldn't be too worried about the juice being toxic. While it's true that an open container of concentrated nicotine would be enough to poison a room full of people just sitting there, by the time you're putting it in your e-cig, it's diluted down to almost nothing. It would still be enough to poison a child who got ahold of the bottle, so you do need to be mindful of that, but you're not going to die from getting a couple drops on your skin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread