Hate my volt...LOVE Blu disposable. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the looking silly thing is a big thing for me because I often vape in situations where others are smoking. It really has to look like a smoke. I know that's kinda stupid but it's a deal-breaker for me.

your new, trust me keep reading and upgrading, it will turn into a hobby and you will no longer care what people think...good luck

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
So what I really want to do then is to get Johnson Creek liquid and fill blank volt cartomizers?

Dude, I too loved the Blu disposables but wanted to be able to fill my own cartos to save money. I bought a Volt and extra cartos from SI. Then I called Johnson Creek and spoke with a rep there that told me their Red Oak line is 100% VG and what I am looking for that is the closest to the Blu flavor is called Red Oak Domestic. I bought a 15ml bottle, filled up a Volt blank carto according to their video and was right back "tasting like" a Blu. It's the way to go. If you aren't sure, get a sample bottle from JC of the Domestic 100% vg juice and you won't be out too much cash if you don't agree with me. The JC Domestic is my all day vape in my Volt, I love the stuff! Let us all know what you decide!!

1BRC

Jan 5, 2013
Ohio
Ha that's true too.. after about 2 weeks, the people I work with are still getting used to me going outside to puff on a big ... lavatube... I still get comments about what other devices it might look like. I have to admit, some of my coworkers have pretty solid imaginations, which have been good for a lot of laughs. Most of 'em are used to it now, although a few are still seeing it for the first time and I still have to have the (long) conversation about what it is, where it came from, etc... lol

Don't worry too much about the ones you'll be sharing "smoke" breaks with.. they will get used to whatever you use.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Judging from that vid, filling just seems so messy! the fact that this stuff is poisonous freaks me out and I don't like the idea of handling it.

Just fill by dripping. Some people do like the condom method. I found it a bit messy and prefer to just drip fill. So if you want to keep it as non-messy as possible then just drip 20 drops in to a cartomizer, let it stand for 20-30 minutes, or overnight, and its good to go.
Just wash your hands after filling - they may be a drop or two on them. Easy peasy.

Get some blank Volt cartos, and Kanger 808s are good too. And your options open right up for juices.

sk8man121

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
ME
Dude, I too loved the Blu disposables but wanted to be able to fill my own cartos to save money. I bought a Volt and extra cartos from SI. Then I called Johnson Creek and spoke with a rep there that told me their Red Oak line is 100% VG and what I am looking for that is the closest to the Blu flavor is called Red Oak Domestic. I bought a 15ml bottle, filled up a Volt blank carto according to their video and was right back "tasting like" a Blu. It's the way to go. If you aren't sure, get a sample bottle from JC of the Domestic 100% vg juice and you won't be out too much cash if you don't agree with me. The JC Domestic is my all day vape in my Volt, I love the stuff! Let us all know what you decide!!

Dude I believe you just won the Internet with this answer. Thanks.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Judging from that vid, filling just seems so messy! the fact that this stuff is poisonous freaks me out and I don't like the idea of handling it.

Nicotine isnt poisonous unless its handled in MUCH higher concentration and THEN only if it remains in contact with your skin for a long period of time or is ingested.

Getting a few drops of 18mg nicotine or even 36 mg nicotine on your hand isnt going to kill you. Just wipe it off as soon as possible and you'll be just fine.

For a smoker or an ex-smoker used to nicotine the worst that could happen is that you might feel a little dizzy for a few seconds.Ive spilled 100mg nicotine on myself before (Then freaked the hell out cause of what Id read on the forums) and I was fine with the exception of a slight dizziness that passed in a minute or less.

The choice is up to you, a rare few people still buy pre-filled carts just know that its going to end up costing you a LOT more in the long run than filling them yourself.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
So it really is rare for people to use pre-filled?

Yes, its rare around here. Filling them isnt really all that hard once you get the hang of it and the cost savings from buying 30ml or higher bottles and refilling your own is substantial.

In comparison a 5 pack of Blu carts is 12 bucks.Lets say you use one per day (some vapors I know would go through one of those in an hour or two).You can buy 50ml of flavored juice that should last you 3 weeks to a month or more for just 14.65 from a place like ECBlends.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
ok. i'm about to make the change. can someone recommend the best 808 threaded cartomizers?

Ive heard nothing but glowing reports about 808 Fusions from Ikenvape.com from my friends on the forum.

Plenty to choose from out there but those are the only ones I hear about on a regular basis.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Just ordered some domestic, tennessee cured and silverthorn juice samplers from johnson creek, and about to buy those cartomizers. it begins!

Congrats on the beginning of of your epic journey. Pretty soon you'll be too cool for all your friends (that and they wont know what the hell youre talking about :)

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
two questions:

1.) how often should i, and how for how long can i fill a single cartomizer with 20 drops each time, and how long does that last before a need for a refill?

2.) do i need any other accessories? a drip tip or something? i like to cap my e-cig when i walk around with it. can i buy plain caps?

It varies. I average 8 refills. Get some drip tips - it is a better vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread