Hate the enclosure, love the chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRaiden

Feb 12, 2017
Iceland
Hi all.

I have a Hohmtech Hohmwrecker G2 that i use daily and i really like the Kanthal TC mode on it.

But the mod itself does not fit well in the hand.

835_z.jpg

I was wondering if anyone could point me in a direction of a custom mod maker that could rip out the guts of the mod and put it in a more hand-friendly enclosure.
Or Advise me for parts that i can order and easily make a new slimmer box (well some effort is required obviously)

wrecker_g2_z.jpg

Any suggestions welcomed!

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I don't think you can buy a mod body separately. Some modders use Hammond electrical equipment boxes but they're still very boxy. You could search ebay or fasttech for power bank enclosures. It would be a challenge to get everything to fit properly especially since it's a 2 battery series device.

You'd probably be better off buying a different device.

Reactions: stols001

TheRaiden

Feb 12, 2017
Iceland
Thank you for your reply :)
I gave up looking for modders and i am currently acquiring all the necessary tools from friends and family to build a mod from hardwood. I have already a good block of wood and i have drawn up and measured all the measurements. I ordered a battery tray for two 21700's and i'm going to make it rounded on the side that presses into my palm and flat on the other side where the buttons and sreen is. and i'm going to make the battery door slide into the mod with a magnet on the top to hold it in place.
I have a fairly good experience building intricate small boxes from hardwood so i think this will go ok :p
Will post pictures when it's finished.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Thank you for your reply :)
I gave up looking for modders and i am currently acquiring all the necessary tools from friends and family to build a mod from hardwood. I have already a good block of wood and i have drawn up and measured all the measurements. I ordered a battery tray for two 21700's and i'm going to make it rounded on the side that presses into my palm and flat on the other side where the buttons and sreen is. and i'm going to make the battery door slide into the mod with a magnet on the top to hold it in place.
I have a fairly good experience building intricate small boxes from hardwood so i think this will go ok [emoji14]
Will post pictures when it's finished.
Can't wait to see your work.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread