Hate to throw it in the trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Well, I've come to the conclusion, I should just throw my vamo V5 in the trash. To be honest, it is one of the nicest looking mods I own... a bit underpowered now, but the threads have been stripped. Looking for a replacement top cap, I came across only two sites.. one is in the US, but I can't seem to Email them, and the other is in the UK, and they want almost triple the amount... and worth almost as much as a new one. So... Instead of spending good money on something that might be bad, I must throw it away.

Kind of sad though. My main mod has switched to a Sigeli 100.. cloupor 30 is a good second... But I've still had the vamo for quite a while and it's the first truly VW mod I've owned.. it's the one that got me to the rebuilding side, it's lived from AGA T2 to kayfun days... I've had one or two EGO's go bad, but never felt bad about throwing those away. It's been a good mod. :/ (plays funeral bagpipes).

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
It can be fixed if your a little handy. By JB Weld and the 510 tap. Spread a little of the JB on the stripped threads and let it go for at least 24 hours. Then easily tap in new threads. You could also use the JB weld to permanently fix a 510 adapter to it. It may not look as nice but it will work.

Reactions: Deryan3

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
i throw anything in the trash that I dont use , working or not , unlike a lot of vapors , I am all about performence and look , i dont care authentic or not neither do I collect stuff

i save most of my working stuff, i give them to new vapers every now and then.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
It can be fixed if your a little handy. By JB Weld and the 510 tap. Spread a little of the JB on the stripped threads and let it go for at least 24 hours. Then easily tap in new threads. You could also use the JB weld to permanently fix a 510 adapter to it. It may not look as nice but it will work.

I am sure a tap and the JB weld would be as much as new threading. A new Vamo is $25 for the model I had.

I assume it's the 510 threads that are stripped? That's what happened to my v2.
Not the most elegant solution but you could try something like this: eGo to [eGo] Adapter

Yea, it's the 510. Considering I don't have any EGO threaded atomizers anymore. It's one of those things that I have two other VW devices that both work perfectly... if it was in it's regular state, I'd probably lightly use the Vamo... but if I have to go through hoops to get something underpowered to work... then why bother sort of thing.

i save most of my working stuff, i give them to new vapers every now and then.

That's what I do. My Vamo V3 I gave away a few weeks ago, it was ugly, the gunmetal version with the paint Coming off... it looked quite ugly. But, It still worked. I gave it to someone who would smoke occasionally... I gave it in the hopes of her not becoming a smoker... along with the batteries/charger and an old Protank II clone. I might could've used that top cap on this one, but the colors wouldn't quite look right.

Reactions: Lessifer

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Don't throw it away! Recycle. If you don't feel you can fix it, there will be someone out there who will. List it on the classifieds and just have them pay shipping. If you must throw it away, please actually recycle it! :thumbs:

I have a strict rule about not linking banking information online.. not even paypal... so becoming registered it out of the question. We have our mortgage come straight out of the bank... so I guard that information closely... either that, or maybe I'm just becoming an old paranoid guy. :)

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I have a strict rule about not linking banking information online.. not even paypal... so becoming registered it out of the question. We have our mortgage come straight out of the bank... so I guard that information closely... either that, or maybe I'm just becoming an old paranoid guy. :)

lol That's fine! Just recycle it where they take electronics then. Like Best Buy or something!

Reactions: Izan

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
lol That's fine! Just recycle it where they take electronics then. Like Best Buy or something!

I know here in california im not sure about anywhere else, when you stockpile a bunch of junk or electronics, you can call 311 and schedule a pickup for it. There are also some people or companies that do a monthly or bi monthly type deal where you just leave your broken electronics on the curb and they come around and pick it up on the scheduled date. Much more environmentally safe way to get rid of e-waste.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I assume it's the 510 threads that are stripped? That's what happened to my v2.
Not the most elegant solution but you could try something like this: eGo to [eGo] Adapter

That $4.99 adapter will convert your good ego threads into a new ego AND 510 connector. Seems easy to me.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
They don't use the information, they are just verifying you at least actually have the means to pay since 99% of the sellers use pp. No one wants to find out after you win a $300 auction you expect to be able to send a check
They don't link anything , all they do is just verify you do have a pp account

Nothing is automatic or click buy now, you win, you manually have to go sign in and click send money to and fill out the info yourself just like you already have to now......

Through the years I've gotten some unique, rare, and special versions of stuff here, plus some awesome deals too cheap to pass up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread