Have a genius vaping idea/invention/tip/trick/innovation? Share it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Hey guys, I know you've thought of them, maybe had a useful trick you discovered while vaping, or just randomly had the idea one day, I'm talking about innovations that you think can help other vapers, or could even be an amazing product if you were a manufacturer.

I'm a big DIY guy, and I'm always dreaming of the day when I invent something that will possibly revolutionize vaping (yeah right :p), or maybe even design my own atty/mod that will blow others out of the water. I got this idea because I finally got my mini metal lathe in the mail the other day, that I've begun shaping stainless steel billets with, in hopes that I can build an "amazing" dripper designed for my personal needs. Since I've been pondering on how to make it, I've had a few out of the box ideas for how it or the airflow/posts should be designed, as well as designs for a mechanical mod, which doesn't use threading but only strong neodymium magnets to hold it together & adjusts for battery rattle as well.

Anyway, if you have any bright ideas about vaping whatsoever, go ahead and type them out here, even if they may be a little wacky, who cares? Maybe I or others can learn from it, or even use the idea themselves.

I'll start us off with a few random ideas I've had:

~RDA airflow which uses little bendable tubes in the chamber to "aim" the air however you want at your coils. (Again, they can be as ridiculous as mine :p)

~Posts that use small, conductive, but powerful "clamps" (kind of like battery charging cables for your car) to make building easier/hold more wire).

~A dripper which is made entirely from tough ceramic, besides the copper posts. (It wouldn't be conductive (no shorts), you could lay your coils on the deck if you wanted to, deflects heat superiorly to make a warmer vape or to simply keep your mod cooler, also much cheaper than metal.

~Fully magnetically adjusted mechanical mod (I've actually already made this), keeps the firing button (which sticks to the battery magnetically within the tube body via magnets, while also "pushing" the positive end of the battery away from the positive contact, your finger pushing against the magnets slides the button/battery up into the positive connection firing the mod. The tube body fits together like a puzzle piece, with powerful magnets keeping it intact. (It sounds fragile, but it's actually really hard to separate! I have to use two hands, and pull with nearly all my might, may make them weaker one day.)

~A sexy tubular dual 26650 VV mod. (or dual 18650, DNA30, Raptor chip, etc.) (also that's not the e-huge lol)

~A sexy tubular squonker (bottom feeder).

~A sexy tubular silver mod. (Or sterling silver, which is copper & silver, if silver is too expensive. This would look amazing, and would be 115% conductive! Copper is 100% conductive, and already works amazingly, imagine a silver mod that has better performance & will match your metal atty's better.)

~A VV/VW mod that allows you to customize it to your ohm range, so you can get most performance out of what you usually vape. (For instance a mod that will allow vapers who vape 0.08-0.3 ohms, at whatever wattage the device is capable of. The "project sub-ohm box" pretty much does that already though.:))

~A silver/copper plating service for vaping parts/connections. (I've actually already done this, they make fairly cheap "silver plating kits", that allow you to electrically charge your vaping parts (contacts, mods, posts, atty's, drip tips, magnets, springs etc.), and electroplate a silver solution on as thick as you like! It's really easy, and freakin' awesome, I've boosted alot of my favorite item's voltage drop ratings, because I can plate their connections with it, silver isn't as expensive as you'd think, especially when your only plating an item.)

~An atty with removable/replaceable posts. (How cool would it be to have two posts in the middle when you need it, 4 posts for dual coils, or even 5 for quad coils whenever you want. This idea may not be very easy to do, but it'd be great to have spots all over the atty deck where you can basically customize how you want your positive and negative posts.)

~An automated coil wrapping machine. (Although I'm almost opposed to this idea, because I'm builder proud of his skills, who's earned them the hard way, I think a small wall-powered coiling machine would help many get started with vaping rebuildables, and that's always a good thing. Plus it'd be pretty handy for those with shaky hands, bad vision, or other problems. How convenient would it be to pop in whatever sized bit you want, and maybe even tell it the amount of wraps you want, and end up with computer perfect coils. You could probably even make it so you can get a 200 wrap 40 gauge super-nano coil at the touch of a button!)

~Vapor-less e-liquid (Again, another idea I'm somewhat on the fence about, because this could probably be abused to stealth vape where you shouldn't. Plus I'm a lover of the biggest plumes I can get, but I bet there's a pretty big niche out there for ninja vaping, those that don't want to bother their family/roomates, or simply don't like seeing the vapor themselves for whatever reason. I know I've blinded myself in traffic a few times lol.)

~A pass-through that doesn't suck. (Lol there's no reason this shouldn't exist, regulated wall-power going though your coils, enough power for any normal human to vape on. It should also be 22mm, or 28.5mm to look snazzy, and feel "normal".)

~A stock atty with cyclonic airflow. (Besides the Strata, which doesn't exactly work as it's intended, there aren't any atty's with airflow designed to spin the vapor in an upwards tornado. I've personally done this to all of my drippers because it simply makes the vape better in many ways, just by drilling a few holes going up at a 45 degree angle, I get denser and more consistent vapor. It'd be nice to see one with airflow drilled facing at an angle to achieve this effect.)

~Pre-made kanthal "coil shapes". (What I mean by "coil shapes", are pre-made kanthal shapes that are ready to stick in your posts, kinda like "vapin' donuts", but made of normal 'ol kanthal. The sky's the limit to what type of shape would work, a solid kanthal cylinder with micro-holes in it for example would probably vape excellent, and it would have more suface area than a perfectly wrapped coil, plus it's a consistent product that can be reviewed by others.)

~Cotton wick's prepared, and pre-formed for all the popular drill bit sizes. (Again, somewhat opposed to this because I've already mastered the way of the cotton lol. But how cool would it be if you were just starting to rebuild, or weren't having luck with cotton, to go to the vape lounge and buy a big cheap bag of cotton wicks that are guaranteed to wick great for the coil you just made. Again, consistency, since they'd all essentially vape the same, you could read reviews on how well they work, and have the same vape that your buddy has etc.)

~An atomizer tank with two flavor reservoirs. (Nearly everybody likes variety, and with a "2 flavor tank", you could shut off one, choose the other, or heck even open both to mix them. I think alot of people would like this, sometimes having to stick to one flavor in a tank can be a draw-back, I remember that's one of the main reasons I switched to dripping.)

~Oleophobic/hydrophobic drip tips (water/oil proof). (Check out Ultra Ever Dry - Waterproofing Coating - Industrial - Tools - Clothing , they sell a spray that can basically make anything water/oil-proof, which would be great to prevent e-liquid condensation on your drip tips and atty's. I'm not positive how safe it is in the presence of heat (in the chamber), but I've done it to a drip tip, and it's stayed bone dry thus far, it's quite amazing, and I think I've gotten better performance!)

~A "top-squonker" atty (I thought it would be cool to have a type of "bottom"-feeder, in which you can still have a sexy metal reservoir above your coils full of juice (kinda like a kayfun), however when you need juice you simply press a well hidden springed button to squirt some into the chamber. Alot like the Tatroe T1, however replace twisting the cap, with the entire tank moving up and down to self drip the juice. Basically a cross between a kayfun, and a 3d.)

~An 18650 to 26650 shell converter. (I'm sure this already exists and I haven't found it, but instead of using a piece of pvc tubing, it'd be cool to have a little heat-resistant housing to conceal your 18650 battery in, with nice conductive copper/silver contacts built in to make it identical in shape to a 26650.)

~Post extensions. (This is probably do-able with some normal copper/aluminum wire, but I've always thought it'd be handy to have some sturdy conductive rods that you can screw down in your posts, and bend these post extenders to wherever you want your post to be in your atty. I got this idea when building a "center-post" build, if you had two rods coming from the posts at the perfect angle, you could position so your coil will be smack dab in the center without having to bend your coils legs or any of that fuss. It could also be useful for massive coils in general, or vertical coils.

~Ceramic chamber reducers. (These would just be parts custom shaped to make your specific atty's chamber smaller, thus giving a warmer, denser, and more flavorful vape. Using ceramic would deflect the heat as well, keeping your vape warmer, and your atty cooler. They'd most likely be made for the deck below the coils (if possible) and/or stuck to the ceiling with small magnets, my immortalizer has a ceramic deck, and it's hard to describe how great the flavor is.)

~Maximum wide bore drip tips. (This may sound like a silly cloud chaser idea, but I'm positive any type of vaping atomizer is better with a wider drip tip, less airflow interference, vapor condensation, and better airflow. If this were done on a manufacturing level, you could find out what a majority of atomizers are capable of, and make that certain size category. To put simply, drip tips designed for those that have drilled out their drip tip holes. I currently have a 28.5mm Tobh Atty that has it's drip tip hole drilled out to 5/8", which makes even a 1/2" wide bore drip tip look small, the opening is about the size of a dime! There obviously isn't anyone who makes drip tips designed for this size of an opening, but I thought it would be amazing if there was. It would be neat (and I'm sure successful) to have a company that makes drip tips specifically made for these large drill bit sizes, so that you can do the drilling, and they have a drip tip for it! I ended up getting my girlfriend (who glass-blows) to make me a 3/4" pyrex tip that fits perfectly (pictured below), I can practically pour my juice in now!)
~Metal sleeves for mods. (I'm mainly thinking mechanical mods, but it could work with other battery's as well. Since nearly all of them are 22mm, (or 28.5mm/30mm for 26650's) it would be easy to make good looking sleeves for basically any mod. If you want the superior performance of a copper mod, but don't like the looks, or the way it tarnishes, it'd be convenient to have a nice looking sleeve (made of stainless steel, brass, copper, carbon fiber or really anything.). This way you can have a good looking mod whether it really is good looking or not, protect the one underneath, and cover it up with something awesome for a relatively lower price. I got this idea from the beautiful Stingray X, which has a copper body, sheathed with a stainless steel cover.)

~A button-safe mod holder. (This may also exist, but I haven't seen it. Just for either fitting in your cars cup-holder while driving, or relaxing at home and not wanting to worry about your device firing when you set it down, it'd be sweet to have a specially made holder that grabs a ring around your mod so that it will be held and not be sitting on its button (suspended above the ground). The ring (which is what holds it up), can be made from a thick stretchy rubber o-ring, or a nice looking metal that can be tightened somehow around the mod, and then have the holder with a hole in it (slightly wider than the mod itself, but small enough for the ring to catch on it. Or heck, even a simple clamp with a soft rubber to literally hold your mod upright and off it's button.

~Juice leak sealers. (Ok, I just made up this admittedly stupid idea, but I think if it were cheap enough, or had a nice car, I'd buy them. They are little stretchy pieces of rubber/latex, that can slip around your atty to prevent the airholes/drip tip holes from leaking. Basically like a tiny atty condom :lol:, perfectly sized for you smaller carto-tanks, 22mm RBA's/RDA's, or whatever device that may leak on your leather seats, or your designer purse. Along with the airtight atty condom, it could also come with a drip tip plug, like an average ear-plug made for the generic drip tip holes (or larger/smaller, depending on what drip tip you use). I think it'd be nice when your out and about, driving, working, flying, whatever, and you know you won't be using it for a minute, just slip on the little atty condom and throw it in your cupholder/purse upside down if you like! It doesn't matter, because the juice will be sealed in the atomizer, no matter how much you over-filled it, or whatever terrible juice flow design your topper has (I've had some bad leakers lol *cough*omega! *cough* kraken!). I remember one terrible occasion where this would've been useful; I was being taken to lunch in my best friends brother's Lotus Elise (which is a very nice $30,000 sports car he'd been saving the last decade for, 30k may not be serious money to some, but to me (and him), it's nothing to sneeze at lol), which had some very nice white lambskin racing seat covers (yeah I know, corny :p), and even though I'd completely shut off my airflow to my Prometheus Genesis atomizer (which holds a massive 5ml of seat-ruining juice), and carefully set it in his tiny European cupholder before we went to go eat, by the graces of the bad-luck-vaping gods, of course it somehow tipped over, and fell out of the stupid side cut-out of the cupholder and right on the passenger seat, which thus began to empty it's impressive 5ml reservoir all over the white animal skin racing seat. Oh and by the way, "Blue Voodoo" By Mister E-Liquid, is indeed a vibrant blue, and it indeed stains white things blue. So needless to say, before we even got in the car, I was already apologizing, and he was already saying a few choice words at me :lol:. If I was in that particular situation again, I would've covered my thing with a condom, among other particular situations :D. It would've saved me alot of shame, and hassle of scrubbing the neon blue liquid out of my buddy's seat for half an hour.)

Whoo! I didn't mean to type that much, hope that didn't bore anybody, if you read it all thank you haha. The above was just quite a few of the random ideas that pop in my head while going about my daily vaping business.

I'd be more than interested in what ECF has thought of, or even tips and tricks the average joe like me may not know, any input would be more than appreciated, hopefully I didn't type all of this for no reason :p, I know you guys have ideas!

Post'em here!

(Here's my homemade 15mm drip tip...eating another "wide" bore drip tip lol.)
pQCv0BJ.png

Vape onwards y'all! :2cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: avpx1

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I keep thinking there has to be a better way to connect toppers to batteries. Something like the air hose to air tools connectors. Or a spring loaded side sliding male tab that locks into a groove on the topper bottom.

Also thinking about the venturi effect and wonder if these topper companies do any air flow testing or just wing it?

Reactions: treehead

mvroman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Texas
Along the lines of your posts with clamps idea, how about something of a similar design to this?

u6ejydet.jpg

Obviously it would be made of metal, but imagine how easy it would be to replace coils in RDAs/RBAs with posts that you just push down to align the holes and slip your legs into!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reactions: treehead

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Along the lines of your posts with clamps idea, how about something of a similar design to this?

u6ejydet.jpg

Obviously it would be made of metal, but imagine how easy it would be to replace coils in RDAs/RBAs with posts that you just push down to align the holes and slip your legs into!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

There is an RDA that captures the wires this way. The Qoppa Dominator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread