Status
Not open for further replies.

Mare1077

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Miami, FL
Hi. In 2010 I began vaping with kr808s and was very happy with them for a couple of months. The I got an inexpensive 510 mod and began dripping. then it took a crap on me and while I was waiting on a replacement part, I tried to go back to my kr808 but the cartos tasted really bad. They tasted like I was smoking a pillow. I couldn't deal with it, so I bought a pack of stinkies and feel off the wagon. I have recently began vaping again and haven't had a stinky in 27 days.

I have been using Riva batteries and the Riva-t tank or the vision clearos long wick version. No filler. No pillow taste. However, I have been seeing good reviews of some cartos. I am just kinda wondering if I would like them and if I should try them. I like the draw on my lr vision, but I like vaping 50/50 and get to many dry hits. I only get 2 or maybe 3 before it tastes burnt. The Riva-t wicks a lot better, but the flavor is kinda muted and it is a pretty airy draw.

I really don't want to ever buy another cigarette, but I am worried that I might if I can't find what works for me. I don't have a whole lot of money to throw around and just buy everything out there.

Any suggestions would be wonderful! Either on cartos I might like or how to make my existing stuff work better for me.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I really like dual coil cartos in a tank. The tank enables you to keep the carto perfectly moist so you never taste the filling in the carto or get dry hits. My opinion is that it would be worth picking up a few different types of cartos to see if any work for you. You can also get ST Dual Coil Carto tanks fairly inexpensive if you want to try a tank. Mine hold 6 mls of liquid and make it very convenient IMO.
I am one that never had the patience or desire to fidget enough to be a dripper.

BTW- I also use a 50/50 blend and have no issues with wicking in my tanks.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
What is your existing setup? A 510 mod? What kind? There are many great cartomizers and clearomizers... What do you mean your 808 cartos tasted bad? Were they prefilled? Reason I ask is because recently I have been using blank KR808 cartos and think they aren't bad at all! Are your 808 batteries still OK? Are you looking for 808 cartomizers or 510 or both....?

Mare1077

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Miami, FL
I am using Riva batts with either the Riva-t (a large clearo) or the lr vision clearo with the long wicks. No, the 808s I was using weren't prefilled.

I am looking for suggestions for the Riva batts that I already have. for now that is what I can afford, but I would live to get a legacy mini by puresmoker...

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
The best carto I have found is the Smoketech dualcoil. In the months I have been using them I have never got a dry,burnt hit. I use the 2.0ohm DC in a tank on my provari at 5.3v.

My second best experience is with a Phoenix bottom coil carto. Its a clear carto that gotvapes.com sells. I use the 2.8ohm but anything higher than 4.0v gives me that dreaded dry/burnt taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread