Have I bought fake battery's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2016
Hi i bought a set of LG H2's for my second device that are labeled at 3000 MAH. My slighty older but not heavily used 25rs are 2500 mah.

I have noticed that on my niteore i4 charger, the LGs charge faster than the 25rs. How can this be posisble if the LG has more mah.

Secondly, the 25rs seem to last longer in my pico device which should not be the case given the official. 25rs have a worse discharge time than the official HG2s.

So i took a fully charged 25r out of my rx200 and put it in my pico device which is more consistent to test than a multi battery device . ran it and it got me through almost all the day and night with about 10% left at around 8pm.

Next day done the same with the fully charged LG it got to about 6pm and died, and the low battery sign died a lot quicker than it did on the older 25r.

If you have Genuine hg2s, what should the box,case be.like?. Mine came in little brown boxes with hg2 printed on the side in a plastic little bag .

If the battery is brand new does it need a few cycles before it gets at its maximum capacity or is this false.

I also hope this thread is usueful for other people with suspected fake battery's .

Thanks very much .

Reactions: ChelsB

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Where did you buy them? Counterfeits can be extremely similar in appearance to authentic, so where you bought them is more helpful than what they look like or what their packaging is (even a reputable vendor might simply slip a single battery into a white cardboard box for a single, or a free plastic case for 2 or more).

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2016
Where did you buy them? Counterfeits can be extremely similar in appearance to authentic, so where you bought them is more helpful than what they look like or what their packaging is (even a reputable vendor might simply slip a single battery into a white cardboard box for a single, or a free plastic case for 2 or more).

Hi Eskie , just like to say thanks for recommending me the pico on my other thread its a fantastic little device i bought another for the mother:)

I got them from amazon uk, i know aint the best place to buy but i had Amazon credit and reviews were very miss and match.

The 3 i got had brown little boxes individually packing them with HG2 on the side. they were all in a plastic bag.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
AAAHH, Amazon is almost as bad as eBay for fake batteries. Amazon relies on lots of third parties for this stuff, but if you contact Amazon about the issue, you can probably get some type of response and refund on the purchase. I'm not familiar with UK vendors for batteries, but I'm sure someone who is will be along.

Glad the Pico worked out. It's a nice little mod at that price point.

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2016
Here is a image of the box and batterus and bag in the background it came in.

Attachments

• IMG_20170331_003856-800x600.jpg
    IMG_20170331_003856-800x600.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 125

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2016
I imagine they'll make it right, they always do for my returns. Just say you think they're counterfeit and you'll probably get a refund right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah this will be my 3rd thing ive returned with amazon this wweek. If your a prime. member they don't even question you but ill tell amazon to speak to the seller as they dont listen to customers usually . Thanks for your help .

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Yeah this will be my 3rd thing ive returned with amazon this wweek. If your a prime. member they don't even question you but ill tell amazon to speak to the seller as they dont listen to customers usually . Thanks for your help .

Maybe my good luck is because I'm a prime member. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi Eskie , just like to say thanks for recommending me the pico on my other thread its a fantastic little device i bought another for the mother:)

I got them from amazon uk, i know aint the best place to buy but i had Amazon credit and reviews were very miss and match.

The 3 i got had brown little boxes individually packing them with HG2 on the side. they were all in a plastic bag.
I love the pico mod. Its my favorite mod. Have two of them

CoreyDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham, UK
BTW, where is the best place for battery's in the UK?

Fogstar everytime for me. Always genuine, reasonable price and will only ship with protective plastic case, even if only ordering a single battery.

I've ordered around 10 batteries from them over the last year or so, never had a problem once. Now even use Moochs ratings on the site aswell as manufactures recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread