Ru42

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Southern Calif
My gear is:
Joye510 with regular and mega battery
eGo 900mah
boge cartos

I have been told from low heat to high heat production is this progression: 901, 801, 510, LR

I have been told that high heat is good for strong flavors like tobacco. Low heat is good for delicate/fruit flavors.

This seems to make sense as my tobacco vapes generally taste well but many of my fruit vapes are very weak. So, since I have received/bought many fruit flavors I would like to taste them better. If the above info is correct then a 901 atty might be good to have. (DSE-901 I hope is the same thing as 901)

Will a 901 atty work on my current batts?
Will my boge cartos work on the 901 atty?

Same 2 questions but with 801 atty.

Have have read and I see lots of numbers in ohms and volts and model names/numbers are tossed around and it is all so confusing and frustrating since I have only been into this for 3 weeks. If anyone can help answer these questions and maybe point me in a direction or 2 would be greatly appreciated. I just want a generally good vaping experience but I am low on funds. I can't afford to have everything.

Thanks for reading and answering.

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Hi Ru

To be honest with you, yes, in general I would say a 901 is more flavourful, but, you in turn forsake capacity for juice, as a 901 holds so little if you use a cart.

We each are different and and in time we each settle for an atty that becomes our favourite, and we stick with that no matter what juice we use.

I started with a 901, went onto a 510, and settled on a 801 as my personal favourite, and thats what I stuck to until I tried the XL ego,riva, tornado, and my favourite has now changed to that, as it has the best of an 801 with the benefit of added flavour taste.

So, my recommendation would be to stick with whatever you are happy with.

The 901 wont fit on the gear you have, so if you do want to try something different, try a cartomiser for the 510.

901 needs a specific battery or an adapter

Also a cartomiser, is already an atomiser with cart all in one, so if you have 510 gear, it will work with a ego battery.

Hope that helps

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
My gear is:
Joye510 with regular and mega battery
eGo 900mah
boge cartos

I have been told from low heat to high heat production is this progression: 901, 801, 510, LR

I have been told that high heat is good for strong flavors like tobacco. Low heat is good for delicate/fruit flavors.

This seems to make sense as my tobacco vapes generally taste well but many of my fruit vapes are very weak. So, since I have received/bought many fruit flavors I would like to taste them better. If the above info is correct then a 901 atty might be good to have. (DSE-901 I hope is the same thing as 901)

Will a 901 atty work on my current batts?
Will my boge cartos work on the 901 atty?

Same 2 questions but with 801 atty.

Have have read and I see lots of numbers in ohms and volts and model names/numbers are tossed around and it is all so confusing and frustrating since I have only been into this for 3 weeks. If anyone can help answer these questions and maybe point me in a direction or 2 would be greatly appreciated. I just want a generally good vaping experience but I am low on funds. I can't afford to have everything.

Thanks for reading and answering.

While the regular ohm ratings of the 901, 801, 510 do affect the flavors as you mention, there are other 'solutions' to the problem now that there are various ohm ratings on 510 cartomizers. You can get LR cartos or other ohm ratings. The 'mega 510 cartomizer' at Nhaler is rated at 3.4 ohms - that is equivalent to most regular 901 atomizers. And if you look around there's quite a variety - the new 'E2's', SLB as well as varying ohms on the Boges - CloudsofVapor has a good variety of different ohm'd 510 cartos from 1.8 to 3.0+ Try some of the higher ohm rated 510 cartos on your lighter flavors, rather than getting new hardware models. It's all in the wattage. See:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...cts-maam-no-chit-chat-please.html#post1687242

The lighter flavors do well from 4 to 6 Watts and the heavier tobacco flavors can stand up to around 8.5 Watts in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread