Have some questions about kayfun v3.1 coil building

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonNC

Mar 8, 2015
Macedonia
Hey guys.

Yesterday, finally my Kayfun 3.1 clone from .......... was in my heands :2cool:

Well first build was with 28GA kanthal 1.5 ohm micro coil , 2.5mm diameter.Using Muji organic cotton pads for wiking .Using 80PG/20VG juice with 12mg nic.
Battery mod used was istick 30W (set from 11 to 15 watts).
All in all was a good vaping experience .Not any leaking at all & nice worm vape.Flavor was nice also.

Today I was experimenting with.
26 GA kanthal 1.4 ohm micro coil , 3mm diameter.Using Muji organic cotton pads for wiking .Using 80PG/20VG juice with 12mg nic.
Battery mod used was istick 30W (set from 13 to 18 watts).
With this build there is a sound (crackle) from my coil & a little muted flavor from my build before.Also no leaks with this build.

After that I tried 1.0 ohm micro coi build 26GA kanthal , 2.5mm diameter coil Using Muji organic cotton pads for wiking .Using 80PG/20VG juice with 12mg nic.
Battery mod used was istick 30W (set from 15 to 20 watts).
Crackle in the coil session was more annoying & vapor was to worm for my liking .Flavor was good & no leaks at all.

So my question is with wath coil diameter you have best results for flavor & descent vapor production ?
Will I get better vapor/flavor with spaced coils instead of micro coils?
Better performance with 28GA or 26GA kanthal (around 1.4 -1.6 ohms) ?

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
I personally use 28g with 2mm diameter, 10 wraps micro coil (comes out to 1.4-1.6 usually), that is what works best for me and u vape at 15 watts. Works great in my kayfun 4, but never tried that in my 3.1 (really don't use my 3.1 anymore), but I'd imagine it'd give comparable results.
Taste is always subjective, so you just gotta play around and see what works for you.

DragonNC

Mar 8, 2015
Macedonia
2.5 mm mandrel with seven and a half wraps of 26 K1 and is .8 - .9 ohms. That's how I run them and my daily vape.

Yeah I tried first day with 1.0 ohm 26ga coil but vape was 2 worm for my taste ( kayfuns are not that famous on earflow ).
Kayfun 3.1 is not build for subohming after all.
1.5 build wos good but 1.7 is better for my taste.And after all I will save some ml of juice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread