Have the CE-2X Fluxomizers improved leaking yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcleaver

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Palatine, IL
When the new improved CE2X Fluxomizers came out, I bought a couple of packs. Since I had good luck with the originals I figured these would be even better. I will admit, as far as taste and wicking, they do seem better. However, every single one has leaked out of the box. Not a great bit, but leaking. I have tried to do the BD syringe mod with these, and it also leaks. The original ones almost never leaked, and if I made a BD syringe mod with those, it was a tight fit and never leaked at all. Is it possible the diameter of the bases on mine are very slightly smaller?

This is getting frustrating. I am getting a little worried, as i have decided I like the Vortex a lot; however, I am now out of Vortexes, and who knows when they will return. I know I have heard soon; but I have heard that for the last month or so. So all I have left are these leaky fluxomizers.

FWIW, it does not matter what juice I use, they all leak from the outset.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
At some point I am not sure which revision of the clears switched over to a slightly smaller cap seal. I have also found they do not work very well with the BD syringe tube mod. If you get a metal ce2 I am pretty sure they still have the larger cup seal which will work ok with the BD tube.
Based on several destructive disassemblys I don't believe that turning the center connector will have any effect other then it may turn the ceramic cup and disturb the wick/cap arrangement. All the ones I have taken apart had NO threads anywhere (except outside the 510 connector). All the parts are press fit together except the ceramic cup which is only held on by the shrink wrap. I have had older versions where the ceramic cup fit so tight that the shrink wrap was not needed but the current units I have the ceramic is loose if you remove the shrink wrap.
I have found a site that will sell just the cap seals but they do not know if they are the larger ones from metal and earlier clears or the smaller ones being used now. Looks like the bigger ones... my budget is nil right now so I have not gotten any to find out...

sirpops

Jan 10, 2011
Ashland, OH
Yes, the CE2 X leaks. All five leaked for me within a few days using DeKang tobacco juices. This problem won't go away until they change plastics...just frustrating. The new maximzers leak too around the window. I started using the all metal CE2 X...great vape and no leaks!! So you can't see the liquid...big deal...all you see with the clearomizers are the cracks.

The leaky maximers can be fixed too using ecoglue around the window. The best would be an all metal maximizer. Take the tube out. It would hold much more juice and not leak. You don't need a site glass.

How about it GOTVAPES!!!!! Get us an all metal maximizer.

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
I have had both (the clear and green tint) new CE2's leak around the base.
With the one I did the BD syringe mod because after I flipped the tube it cracked again (I think its just stress on the tubes and it eventually breaks after repeated use).
The other had a crack start a couple of days after use and right now leaks about a drop overnight.

I am not one to throw things out so I keep using them until they die. Right now they are both being used for my dark juices that clog up after a bit of use and need cleaning.

They are still amazing so when I say these things its not a complaint, just adding my experience to the pool.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
somewhere bad said to wrap the base very tight with 'mighty tape' its umm silicone tape i think anyhow he said it comes in clear and sounds to me like it should do the trick very nicely. I have had the dual coil tubes crack at the base from getting too much abuse on my box mod and it didnt leak but was loose so I used some thread that is made for tieing fishing flys and made a tight wrap around the base of the tube at the connector and so far the tube has now outlived the guts. I did same thing to another one but put scotch tape on first cuz it did seep out a tiny bit but also fixed and im still using that one after 3 or 4 week shoot i forget when i started it its been that long
:vapor:

jcleaver

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Palatine, IL
If mine were cracked, I would have something to look at for a fix. Mine aren't cracked at all. I can't tell where it is leaking, exactly. It is a slow leak, so if I am going to vape in one place it isn't a big deal. I have had some cartos I have tried where I could watch the juice empty; but these aren't like that. The battery below the carto gets wet from the juice, but again, I am not sure where it is coming from. I did do bad's tip about screwing the base in, and it may have helped some, but I can't tell if it stopped it completely.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
somewhere bad said to wrap the base very tight with 'mighty tape' its umm silicone tape i think anyhow he said it comes in clear and sounds to me like it should do the trick very nicely. I have had the dual coil tubes crack at the base from getting too much abuse on my box mod and it didnt leak but was loose so I used some thread that is made for tieing fishing flys and made a tight wrap around the base of the tube at the connector and so far the tube has now outlived the guts. I did same thing to another one but put scotch tape on first cuz it did seep out a tiny bit but also fixed and im still using that one after 3 or 4 week shoot i forget when i started it its been that long
That works great but looks like H, guess im to vain.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
jcleaver it sounds like the little gasket in the center on the connecter (its inbetween the base and the part you turned with the screwdriver) might be missaligned or damaged somehow. I just now thought of how to fix it! Take it all the way apart like your going to wash it so you can see and get into the inside of the base from the top. You will have the little wire there so gently snug it up to the post and out of the way. Get a tube of 'Natural Cure' silicone sealant you can get at homedepo or wallmart or USE THE ECO GLUE ! Put a nice little ring of it around the entire inside of the base - when it is dry it will seal the bottom of the connector so you should get no more leaks. Kinda like caulking the drain in your sink so it don't leak get it?
let that stuff dry like 24 hours before use maybe more just to be safe.
I hope this helps :)

VirusZ

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
La La Land
I know where it leaks from, had the same issue with all carts of this design.

what happens is that the ropes wick too much and juice goes up and into the air tube and it leaks.

I had the long maximizer leaking after i left it for 2 days, the juice went up and when i blew some air inside it went out, maybe 0.3ML....

the small ones usually leak fast.
PG juice and especially Chinese juices leak more, good PG American juice that are ticker wont leak much especially when you vape. 100% VG juice usually dont, unless you leave it for 2-3 days

If mine were cracked, I would have something to look at for a fix. Mine aren't cracked at all. I can't tell where it is leaking, exactly. It is a slow leak, so if I am going to vape in one place it isn't a big deal. I have had some cartos I have tried where I could watch the juice empty; but these aren't like that. The battery below the carto gets wet from the juice, but again, I am not sure where it is coming from. I did do bad's tip about screwing the base in, and it may have helped some, but I can't tell if it stopped it completely.

Last edited:

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I know where it leaks from, had the same issue with all carts of this design.

what happens is that the ropes wick too much and juice goes up and into the air tube and it leaks.

I had the long maximizer leaking after i left it for 2 days, the juice went up and when i blew some air inside it went out, maybe 0.3ML....

the small ones usually leak fast.
PG juice and especially Chinese juices leak more, good PG American juice that are ticker wont leak much especially when you vape. 100% VG juice usually dont, unless you leave it for 2-3 days
I think you are right. Thats the only thing I can figure out, that it wicks into the cup and runs down the center tube. So I guess its best to leave it setting upright and not lay it on its side for very long.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I just go some fluxomizers and filled it. Is is normal for the juice to turn brown. Thanks

Sent from my evo
Yes, mine does turn brown after a few refills. Don't know for sure but I think its some of the gunk from the coil/cup working its way into the juice. If its working ok I wouldn't worry about it. You can clean and do a dry burn and make it like new again. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread