Have you thought of any other hand to mouth habits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
There are fake cigarettes you can buy. I own two different styles.

But let's use the new phrase that has replaced "harm reduction". It's called Reduced Risk Products. Besides e-cigs, there are three good ones: Snus, dissolvables and nasal snuff.

If you switch to snus, you will reach into your shirt pocket (or purse) and remove a pack or tin, open it, take out a portion and place that portion between cheek and gum. Same for Stonewall dissolvables that I depend on heavily.

Nasal snuff from a snuff bullet is another action that closely replicates smoking. Reach into a pocket for the snuff bullet, flip it and load the chamber with the right amount of snuff, bring to a nostril and sniff. Repeat.

I use a Java Stonewall dissolvable and two sniffs of Wow Coffee Bite nasal snuff after a meal. The routine, nic hit and taste/aroma are superb.

nikomoul

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
There are fake cigarettes you can buy. I own two different styles.

But let's use the new phrase that has replaced "harm reduction". It's called Reduced Risk Products. Besides e-cigs, there are three good ones: Snus, dissolvables and nasal snuff.

If you switch to snus, you will reach into your shirt pocket (or purse) and remove a pack or tin, open it, take out a portion and place that portion between cheek and gum. Same for Stonewall dissolvables that I depend on heavily.

Nasal snuff from a snuff bullet is another action that closely replicates smoking. Reach into a pocket for the snuff bullet, flip it and load the chamber with the right amount of snuff, bring to a nostril and sniff. Repeat.

I use a Java Stonewall dissolvable and two sniffs of Wow Coffee Bite nasal snuff after a meal. The routine, nic hit and taste/aroma are superb.

Hi there tropical bob!
I am a woman and would not want to have a big pouch of tobacco in my gums. I tried "dipping" tobacco in high school and it was VERY strong. It made me extremely high and dizzy instantly. Is the snus going to do the same thing to me? I need something very mild. What are some girlie brands to look for? Do I just go into the gas station and ask them for some snus? All the tobacco products are always behind the register, so i can't really browse them..

Wink

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
south of Seattle, WA
Sugar-free lollipops or flavored toothpicks.

I do like the dead PV thing. I thought of this after seeing people refer to their PV as a pacifier. I have a dead atty with a cart - it's got pure menthol flavor drops in it .. no battery. I can let my "stubby" hang from my lips, "puff" the mild menthol air and have hands free. Great for reading in bed, playing computer games, etc.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Hi there tropical bob!
I am a woman and would not want to have a big pouch of tobacco in my gums. I tried "dipping" tobacco in high school and it was VERY strong. It made me extremely high and dizzy instantly. Is the snus going to do the same thing to me? I need something very mild. What are some girlie brands to look for? Do I just go into the gas station and ask them for some snus? All the tobacco products are always behind the register, so i can't really browse them..

You may want to read this thread. Lots of good information on snus.

Trying very first snus now (and yes, I'm a female)

I would suggest going with the mini snus to start with. They're small discreet pouches. Not even close to dipping. Lots of flavors, tobacco, mint, licorice etc. You would very likely have to order it online as your local gas station will not have anything besides camel SNUS if you're lucky.

No doubt TB will follow this up with more advice.

Check out the smokeless tobacco section of this forum.

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
That's an excellent link to get you started. Snus is NOTHING like dip. No doubt in my mind that dip is poison. Almost in the league with cigarettes. No question it ruins teeth and gums and causes mouth cancer. In contrast, snus has a clean, 300-year history of use in Sweden, without those problems. Nasal snuff is even cleaner and has an even better history.

There are several women on the forum who tried and loved snus and nasal snuff. They'll be happy to advise a "sister" on good brands. You should indeed start with the mini portons, like General Mint Mini or even the Camel Frost or Spice. There's a new American snus called Discreet that is very tasty, in strawberry, peach, mint and other flavors.

Hope you try it. We KNOW about snus, in ways we don't know about e-cigs. Snusing is safe and delivers needed nicotine at higher levels than e-cigs. Nasal snuff is safe, easy to use even in public, and delivers a near-instant nic hit at a level higher than e-cigs. Welcome to our world!

irbf

Aug 10, 2009
Tennesee, USA
Sunflower seeds, any package that says "Eat, Spit, Enjoy" has to be good. :smile:
Toothpicks, gum, wooden pencils, twig of straw, mints, lolipops, licorice root, sassafrass twigs.
For an entire summer I made origami every smoke-break. This actually worked _very_ well. Not being able to go outdoors for breaks is just... cruel.
I've seen people twirl and chew thier hair. I'd rather smoke than do that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread