Status
Not open for further replies.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
Has anybody tried both the Airflow & Classic batteries that can compare them?

I'm wondering how much difference there is - like if you were to adjust the airflow ring to its most closed position, are they similar in draw?

I have one Airflow battery, and I want to order a kit, but I'd like to hear about how these differ.

Last edited:

FaniFox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Greece
Well, I have now tested them both and I feel that classic's battery (without the ring) is better than airflow's. Not only it is easier to use and more beautiful (remember: KISS?) but sometimes the ring of the airflow gets unscrewed and then draw gets harder. This is done not in my pocket or in my purse but just by using it.
Be careful, though - Classic batts can only be used with NEO Puro and nothing else. You can not use EGO's or EGO-T's with them.

FaniFox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Greece
I like the versatility of the airflow and I find the the classic gives more dead hits. A dead hit to me is where I take a drag but the atty doesn't activate. This is rare with either but even more rare with the airflow IMO.

I know what you mean...I have sometimes the same issue with the airflow battery! Rare with either but more rare with the classic one!
Could it be because we are at the opposite sites of the planet? :)

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
As far as I can see up to this time, it can be more related to the puromizers themselves than with the auto switches in the neo batteries.
In my limited tests with other devices attached to the neo battery I've had no failures, or misfires.
Plus, I have big differences in behaviour using different puromizers.

The changes in behaviour seem (no real proof) related to changes in the airflow characteristics while in usage. Whether these come from changes in tank pressure or some other factors is subject to speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread