Have you used an eGo-CC tank and what has been your atomizer life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Minneapolis
I started with an EVOD setup but quickly found that the 100% VG juices I liked burned through atomizer heads really quickly -- flavor and vapor went south faster than I was willing to replace heads. I moved onto carto tanks and the occasional mega xl dual coil carto, but for some reason got intrigued by the eGo-CC due to its unique(?) atomizer head design.

I finally got one over the weekend and have been impressed with it so far. On my second fill of Johnson Creek Red Oak Tennessee cured without any noticeable change in vapor production or flavor. Flavor is slightly muted relative to a cartomizer but not that much. It's heavy and solidly built, I think you'd have to work hard to break it.

The only downsides so far are that it's tricky to fill -- the fill opening is small and recessed, I've found that filling it is easiest with a blunt syringe; I tried dripping in with the little 5ml dropper bottles JC gives you with a bottle of juice and 100% VG had too much surface tension to go through the hole. The juice made a little puddle at the opening and started running through the air passages. I use a syringe for most all of my filling, so this isn't an issue for me. It also doesn't hold very much, maybe only 1.5ml. This lasted me a day of pretty frequent vaping, YMMV.

My only major concern will be atomizer head life. So far, so good, but the heads are $4 and change each, so they will have to last longer than a Smok eGo Mega XL cartomizer. They are cheaper, slightly better flavor and I get about 5 ml through them before the performance isn't worth adding more juice to them.

Christopherja

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2013
Nottingham
Well, I used to use them - back when they arrived on the scene. Back then I was vaping fairly thin juices, so I had a decent run with them - with a proper cleaning regiment, mind. If I soaked the used ones, and kept them in rotation, they did the trick well enough - definitely more than 5ml of juice!

That said, I view them as a largely outdated delivery device, and can't recommend using them. Did you properly clean, dry-burn, etc. your EVOD heads with regularity? If so, and you still were finding them to have a short life span, I would recommend learning how to rebuild them - that is, if you can be bothered with it; that said, once you get the hang of it, it takes no time at all and will greatly enrich your experience.

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Minneapolis
Well, I used to use them - back when they arrived on the scene. Back then I was vaping fairly thin juices, so I had a decent run with them - with a proper cleaning regiment, mind. If I soaked the used ones, and kept them in rotation, they did the trick well enough - definitely more than 5ml of juice!

That said, I view them as a largely outdated delivery device, and can't recommend using them. Did you properly clean, dry-burn, etc. your EVOD heads with regularity? If so, and you still were finding them to have a short life span, I would recommend learning how to rebuild them - that is, if you can be bothered with it; that said, once you get the hang of it, it takes no time at all and will greatly enrich your experience.

How long have they been out? I kind of got the impression that they weren't that old.

I did make a half-hearted effort to clean the EVOD heads, but it didn't make much difference and I have no interest in building coils. Even if I did, the stock ones were going bad in as short of a time as a day and I can't imagine building them that often.

Christopherja

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2013
Nottingham
How long have they been out? I kind of got the impression that they weren't that old.

I did make a half-hearted effort to clean the EVOD heads, but it didn't make much difference and I have no interest in building coils. Even if I did, the stock ones were going bad in as short of a time as a day and I can't imagine building them that often.

Two things:

1. I was referring the the Joyetech atomisers in general - and these are using (basically) the same design as their original Ego-C atomisers, which are well old now. Tiny little "spike" w/ wick, and a pretty small coil.

2. If you did have an interest in rebuilding coils - at some point - you'll find not only that they last much, much longer, and taste much, much better. I rebuild my Protank heads (which are interchangeable w/ EVOD heads) with my own micro-contact-coil - and with my own cotton wick: every few days, I pull out the wick with tweezers, dry-burn the coil, and replace w/ new wick. Easy peasy - same coil has been running in my MiniPT for at least 2 months...

At any rate, I think following a strict cleaning regiment could really help you - I think you'd find it makes a difference if done properly. There are tons of YouTube videos on the subject, which may help you as well.

Hope this helps

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I believe OP is referring to the Newer Joye Product- CC. Much different then the old C atties.

ccego.jpg

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2013
    Birmingham, Alabama
    This works well for me to extend the life:

Remove the coil assembly and soak it in false teeth denture cleaner. These cleaning wafers are inexpensive, and do the trick. I let about three of four of the coil assemblies soak overnight in about a cup of (initially) very warm water with one tablet dissolved . Then, rinse, rinse, rinse. Allow to dry and then a short dry burn.

No previous juice taste. They work just like new.

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    I believe OP is referring to the Newer Joye Product- CC. Much different then the old C atties.

View attachment 309651

This is correct, this is the new-ish eGo-CC not the older eGo-C, although I think it does use the same heads.

Bottom line is I could keep using carto tanks forever. Relatively simple, relatively long-lasting and great flavor. A new cartomizer is less than $2 and it's usually a simple swap, but cartomizers don't always hold up their end of the bargain, the odd one floods, doesn't draw well or I get impatient priming and burn it, so the allure of the fill-and-go tank with head changes no more frequent than a cartomizer change remains.

While I'm sure there are seven hundred different ways to vape, coil rebuilding is just the wrong side of putzy for me. I wish I was young and single again...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread