Having a burnt taste and itchy throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onursengul

Jan 19, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have just made a radical desicion and just bought my first e-cig, which is joyetech eVic AIO, it looks pretty cool, and i was so excited, BUT i am having some problems. By the way, i should remind that i am a newbie e-cig user and used to smoke a pack of cigarettes a day, so i have this cigarette inhale habit as a reflex.

Currently i have notchcoil 0.25ohm of joyetech on, and i have again joyetech tobacco flavoured e liquid. My vape is set on 40w as i have done some research on how to get best results from it.

So, my problem is, when i inhale, it has this burnt taste and it gives me an itchy throat that makes me want to cough and therefore i cant take long puffs and it is not satisfying at all. Additionally i have this really hot smoke in my mouth everytime i take a puff.

I'd appreciate a lot if i can get some tips and advice from the veterans on this problem, i really want to get on with using this device but i cannot use it as long as it gives me this painful feeling.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: BrotherBob

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
grats on making a choice to switch from smoking to vaping! it's a nice device from what i hear!

okay... sad news... sounds like you burnt that coil and will need to replace it and the juice you have in there currently.

did you prime that coil before you went to 40w? or did you place it in, fill the juice and put it immediately to 40w? if you did the latter, you like i said probably burnt the coil... also some coils are rated for lower wattage(usually written on the side), if you exceeded that, you can burn the coil. since you picked a low ohm coil though, it's probably not that 40w is too high once primed.

priming a coil... put a drop or two juice on all exposed cotton, place in tank and fill tank... wait about 5 to 10 mins... set wattage to 15 or so, take a few puffs, set wattage a little higher and take a few puffs... repeat until at favoured wattage. this allows the metal to ease up and juice get saturated/flowing before high wattage and prevents burning. just because someone likes 40w, doesn't mean you will... i use coils rated for 40w at 25 to 35w... find YOUR sweetspot. it does take some adjustment, smoke and vapour are not the same thing.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Welcome to ECF!

It could be one or more things that would cause your problem.

Too high wattage, too high nicotine content or too high PG in your liquid. It would help to know the ratios of the liquid you're using.

As Cheallaigh stated, you may have burnt the wick or damaged the coil if it wasn't fully wet before you used it.

As a general rule, it's best to start at a low wattage then slowly raise the wattage, especially with a new coil.

Reactions: Onursengul

Onursengul

Jan 19, 2017
Thank you all so much for this really quick and helpful replies.

PG/VG is 7/3, with 11mg nicotine.

I definitely haven't primed the coil, so i am guessing as you have said, i've burnt the coil.
I'll try with a new coil which is SS 0.5ohm, and will prime it accordingly.
Additionally; do you have suggestions on eliquid brands and contents, as well as coil suggestions? Maybe i can also try with your suggestions and see how it goes.

Djsvapour, i will give that 1ohm a go

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hello everyone,

I have just made a radical desicion and just bought my first e-cig, which is Joyetech eVic AIO, it looks pretty cool, and i was so excited, BUT i am having some problems. By the way, i should remind that i am a newbie e-cig user and used to smoke a pack of cigarettes a day, so i have this cigarette inhale habit as a reflex.

Currently i have notchcoil 0.25ohm of joyetech on, and i have again joyetech tobacco flavoured e liquid. My vape is set on 40w as i have done some research on how to get best results from it.

So, my problem is, when i inhale, it has this burnt taste and it gives me an itchy throat that makes me want to cough and therefore i cant take long puffs and it is not satisfying at all. Additionally i have this really hot smoke in my mouth everytime i take a puff.

I'd appreciate a lot if i can get some tips and advice from the veterans on this problem, i really want to get on with using this device but i cannot use it as long as it gives me this painful feeling.

Thanks in advance

You have burned the cotton wick

You have to Prime the wick before you start

In addition yoy need to turn down the power when using a new coil until the capillary action of the wick gets to working right.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thank you all so much for this really quick and helpful replies.

PG/VG is 7/3, with 11mg nicotine.

I definitely haven't primed the coil, so i am guessing as you have said, i've burnt the coil.
I'll try with a new coil which is SS 0.5ohm, and will prime it accordingly.
Additionally; do you have suggestions on eliquid brands and contents, as well as coil suggestions? Maybe i can also try with your suggestions and see how it goes.

Djsvapour, i will give that 1ohm a go

With sub ohming .25 ohm coils you need to step down your nicotine like 6 mg,ml.

Vaping 11mg nic would be fine if the coil head was 1.2-1.5 ohms

Sub Ohm coils get hotter cand vaporizes more Juice and yoy get more nicotine than you should.

Either go to higher resistance coils or get a lower nicotine strength.

Reactions: Onursengul
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread