The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Having trouble refilling your carto tank?

Discussion in 'IkenVape' started by Iken, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Iken

Iken Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    Hey guys, I just wrote out a short tutorial for a customer that shies away from tanks for various reasons which I think is just a common concept of misunderstanding the luxury of using the combination. Thought it would help to post it.

Carto + tanks once mastered, they are perfect vaping solution.

If you have any tanks or punched cartos on hand try this technique.

Let's say you have an empty tank and carto on your device with the top cap removed.

Fill the tank about a little over ¾. Then slide the tank up until the ports on the carto are showing.
    This should be right around where the liquid in the tank is nearly flush with the top of the cartomizer.
    For the sake of this easy tutorial, we'll fill the tank not quite as full as normal to emphasize the gaps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Without blocking the center hole of the top cap, attach it onto your tank, then slide the tank back down over the full length of the cartomizer.
    [​IMG]

If this is a fresh never been used cartomizer, grasp where the tank meets the device to force direct the suctioned air flow and take a few dry hits. You may want to do this as a standard, but after the first few refills, the suction applied does not need to be an extreme. This is a form of priming your cartomizer, however I feel it is more optimum as you are "priming from the inside rather than a few drops on top. I also use this method with the Billet box by pressing down on the panel and covering the vent slits with my palm.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You will see bubbles rise from inside the tank. This is when you know you just created the vacuum effect and your cartomizer will know when it needs refilling upon use. On thicker liquids (normally USA made), you may have to repeat the redirecting of the suctioned air flow technique more often than not.
    It is obviously difficult to capture the bubble in motion, but you will surely see them.

As a side note, when you fill your tank and you can physically see swirls of "hard liquid" in your tank, this means your liquid is most likely oil based and you may have a difficult time regardless. These types of liquids are better suited for the atomizer family. Atties, RBA/RDA etc.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.